CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Possible FF4 and FF2 connection?

Posted: 3rd January 2009 05:15

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Cactuar1 @ 15th December 2008 18:26)
[QUOTE]I think that one simply cannot draw conclusions this large by linking names together.[QUOTE]

Sephiroth,
Have you even read everything that everyone has posted or are you just posting to get yourself noticed?
If you had read, you would also know that I had mentioned the hair color (blonde), and the fact that one says that he will become a great dragoon, and the other does become a dragoon. I don't ever remember jumping to any conclusions either. I do however, think it is more than a coincidence...I'm just saying.

Maybe, I'm missing something, but it was always my understanding (and seems to be the understanding of many others) that every FF game was the "FINAL Fantasy" of the world it took place in, and that none were linked to one another, other than simple cameos. Cloud showed up with the "materia blade" in FFT, yet there is no significance linking to the story. You may have a point with the dragoon idea, but other than that you are linking names (and hair color) (seemingly) in an attempt to draw the conclusion that there is a link here. All I'm saying is that, you need a little more evidence to make this kind of claim (IMO). I hardly see that as "posting to get noticed."

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #174455
Posted: 3rd January 2009 19:41

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Maybe this so called "Kain lookalike" fell through a wormhole and reapeared in the time of FF4 but couldn't remember anything. Then lets say Cecil found him and was thereby raised with him.

Anything is possible but highly unlikely that is why this thread can go on forever. tongue.gif
Post #174463
Posted: 12th February 2009 19:33
Returner

Quote (iamanoob @ 3rd January 2009 19:41)
Maybe this so called "Kain lookalike" fell through a wormhole and reapeared in the time of FF4 but couldn't remember anything. Then lets say Cecil found him and was thereby raised with him.

Anything is possible but highly unlikely that is why this thread can go on forever. tongue.gif

The downside to that theory -- Kain's father was known in the land of Baron, and I think he was head of Baron's Dragoons or at least a big part of them (if I remember correctly).

The way things played out for Ricard Highwind, that would never have happened.
Post #175373
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: