CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Missing Enem-y/-ies

Posted: 12th October 2012 07:17

Returner

First, I love the site. It's very simple and easy to use; plus it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at due to an overabundance of loud, flashy advertising (as many video game sites often have).
Unfortunately I seem to have come across at least one missing enemy for your FFVI list. I have just now run into a Wirey Drgn on the Floating Continent. I don't know much about it other than it can cast Wing and is not weak to Bolt damage. It appeared as a flyer with two Ninjas.

Also, many skills that enemies use aren't described on this site. Is there any chance that an "Enemy Skill" list could be created in the future?

--------------------
Wark!
Post #201265
Posted: 12th October 2012 11:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Welcome and thanks for the compliment, that's appreciated. We've been offered advertising packages in the past that would have made us look more like other gaming sites, and while I'd love to break even financially on this site, it's never been worth it at the expense of the site itself.

With regards to your query, it does appear that Wirey Drgn is missing from the enemies list because it was mistakenly labeled as a boss in our internal data. You're the first person to mention that in ten years. smile.gif It's been restored to the enemies page now.

We have been slowly working on improving the FF6 coverage, though that process has indeed been very, very slow. I can't actually guarantee anything any more because we actually have next to nobody who works on the site any more - it's not like six or eight years ago when we had ten to twenty people who were willing and had the patience and time to do the kind of work required to make the site have good data and be user-friendly (a lot of sites have one but not the other, as you've probably found).

I'm sure if we can get finished, the enemy skills will be better described, either in the walkthrough or in the more tabular data. When or if that will be, I wish I could tell you.

Hope to see you around more!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 12th October 2012 11:02

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #201266
Posted: 12th October 2012 19:23

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Hey soyelmejor, welcome =]

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #201272
Posted: 13th October 2012 05:41

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 12th October 2012 03:02)
You're the first person to mention that in ten years. smile.gif It's been restored to the enemies page now.

I think it's kinda.. amazing/crazy that this slipped through, but I gotta say I can't remember the last time I looked at that basic information page. Usually it's just the front page, forums and the site submissions page.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #201280
Posted: 13th October 2012 07:28

Returner

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad I could be useful so soon after finding the site. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh pair of eyes.

--------------------
Wark!
Post #201281
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: