CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Encouraging average Joe.

Posted: 21st June 2022 20:59

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I came back to tell people something we already know about. This is more of a warning to those who do not want to obsess with FFVI.

The Espers Zoneseek and Tritoch give Magic Power plus 2 at level up. If you keep Terra at level 3 and start from there you get 2 x 96. Its sum is 192 plus her base. Unfortunately the programmer capped it before that. Even if you have over 200 Magic Power there is no enemies on the unmodified game that could wistand it. If you are a game designer you might avoid doing that anyway. The same is true for other stats. The only other one I would raise is speed. The other two are not important. The game is beatable with overleveling and any equipment. I have done under level 20 on my YouTube channel. Cure spells are your friend and you must play tight. There is a tower in the game that lets you get Magic points and no experience. Yes, this is for new players. They do not need to feel discouraged about anything.

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #216923
Posted: 15th June 2023 19:31

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
You also get magic points but no experience points in the veldt if you want to keep your exp. low. It's not as many per encounter, but the encounters are easier and it comes much earlier in the game, which may be of importance since you get to use your spells throughout a greater proportion of the story. Also damage is capped at 9,999 no matter how much you dump into an offensive stat, and of course there are boss monsters that withstand 9,999 damage. At least all of the ones in Kefka's tower I'm pretty sure.

You don't need to really power level or perfectly optimize your characters to beat the game though. I think the way I normally play leaves me at level 33/34, which is only one third of the total levels you can gain. You don't really have to go out of your way and grind to get that high of a level either.

Regarding speed, it probably is the best stat. to raise from a damage per second perspective, but Odin's the only one of the original Esper set that raises it, and you can't get him until late in the game anyway. I know that you can also get Cactaur in the G.B.A. version though. (Not sure about Pixel Remaster.)

--------------------
Post #217116
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: