Goltana [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Balbanes [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
did I miss one? who? [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 14th January 2003 23:25
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
whos your favorite character from the belouve family?

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #7030
Posted: 15th January 2003 01:23

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Good topic.  For the record, you didn't miss any...but Larg and Goltana are not members of the Beoulve family.

My personal favorite is probably Ramza.  Pure-hearted and noble, he struggles with his inner conflicts and his mixed feelings towards Delita, his best friend in youth.  He is looked down upon by his older, accomplished brothers, and strives to do what is right and prove himself in the cold, unjust world.  Ramza was one of the few main FF characters that I really grew to like, and for that reason he gets my vote.

Second place goes to Alma, just because of that cool spell that she does.  Protect, Shell, Re-Raise, Haste, and Regen all at the same time?  Wow.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #7032
Posted: 15th January 2003 04:07
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
are you sure? i thought they were the older brothers who were
fighting for who should be king? maybe i should replay it.

anyway, my vote will go to Zalbag, ever since i saw..
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
the scene were theyre trying to kidnap alma and
zalbag runs out and kills that thief!

...i thought that part was awesome!!

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #7034
Posted: 15th January 2003 04:14

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I thought delita was pretty cool, he starts off a wimp who is supposedly being manipulated by everyone. and becomes the head manipulator after his sisters death. He was considered a beoulve because he had brought into the family right?

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #7036
Posted: 15th January 2003 14:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Larg and Goltana are the rulers of realms other than Igros, and are not related to the Beoulves. They just get caught up in the plot.

I have to agree with SM. Ramza wouldn't have been my avatar for two years if he were not an exceptional character, likely the most deep ever seen in an FF game. Alma is also my second-place character.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #7042
Posted: 15th January 2003 15:52

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I really liked Zalbag, he was the epitome of a tragic character.  He got caught up in the plot and was blindly following Dycedarg while also following his heart at the same time (allowing Ramza and Delita to go to Dorter Trade City to find out about the scout that they had sent, inadvertantly allowing them to rescue Marquis Elmdor).  However, he saw Dycedarg kill Prince Larg but couldn't say anything because he knew nobody would believe him, and once he found out that Dycedarg had killed Balbanes, it was too late, and the plot had advanced too far.  He was always cool and he would have been a great addition to the plot, and it was a shame that his death(s) was (were) untimely as well as pretty sad.

This topic makes me want to play through FFT again.

EDIT: My second favorite is Ramza simply because he really followed his heart and emotions even though everyone was telling him to do otherwise.  He destroyed his family's and his own reputation and his best friend got all the credit, but in doing so, he was able to stop Lucavi from reviving and the Zodiac Braves from causing more harm to Ivalice.  Sure, he didn't get any credit in the game, but that's the thing that really made playing through the game the second time extremely enjoyable.  It's funny how much the opening dialogue by Alazlam really pieces the story together.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #7046
Posted: 15th January 2003 16:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Neal @ 15 Jan. 2003, 09:52)
He was always cool and he would have been a great addition to the plot, and it was a shame that his death(s) was (were) untimely as well as pretty sad.

I have to agree that Zalbag's death was painfully sad. Poor bastard, that.

To have to ask your brother to kill your zombied corpse, while all the while trying to cleave his skull? How Shakespearean.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #7047
Posted: 15th January 2003 16:24

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I'm gonna have to go with Zalbag. There's not really much to say about him that Neal didn't, but he did have a neat name, and great moves (Speed Ruin, anyone?), which just made him better.
Post #7052
Posted: 17th January 2003 23:49

Crusader

Awards:
I would have picked Ramza, but let's be a little more original here. Balbanes was cool because his death was tragic, and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #7154
Posted: 18th January 2003 14:16

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Ramza is too naive for me. I liked Dycendarg, if he wasn't so evil. Balbanes died too soon for us to really now him. Alma didn't really play much in the plot except:

reviving St. Ajora

Because of this, I'll have to stick with Zalbag.

--------------------
Nine-hundred ninety-nine billion nine-hundered ninety-nine million nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand nine-hundred ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall...
Post #7183
???
Posted: 19th January 2003 20:08
Unregistered

Th be quite honest, my favorite is Balbanes.... i mean he was a heavenly knight.... that has to account for something..... then Zalbag, the Arc Knight,......but I hate Dycedarg, The Lune Knight,..... he just sucked. :E  :o  :lol:
Post #7228
Posted: 22nd January 2003 00:19

Engineer

Awards:
I voted for Zalbag.

He could of been the hero, following a similar path to Ramza's, but he failed to see the injustice...I suppose Ramza and Zalbag could be interchangeable, if Zalbag was a little more observent, or Ramza more stupid.  ...also Zalbag turned into a vampire...those sick dasterds!  He could of been slain...but no...VAMPIRE!  Original at least...

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #7313
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: