CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Overdue Post Your Photos Thread

Posted: 29th March 2006 22:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
Nice Josh. I like the effects you got there. Seems like you were going down a road at high speed. thumbup.gif

I'll have some more pics up here when I go to the park here in Kansas City. Some real pretty nature shots usually come up in mid April.
Post #112466
Posted: 9th June 2006 11:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Wow, let this thread go for a while. Since nobody on my DA list really seems to bother anymore (except CoN people, heh), I don't expect much here either, but here we go, with more to come when I'm less lazy about finishing them:

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34047286/

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34048355/

Edit
Heh, yeah, Galsic, left out a word there.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 9th June 2006 15:54

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #119347
Posted: 9th June 2006 15:36

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Bother with what? Commenting? Not feeling the love, are we sad.gif ?

I guess I can't get into the technical issues involved since I'm really not into photography, but I do like the idea behind it. Seems like something just about anyone can relate to.

--------------------
Post #119381
Posted: 9th June 2006 19:27

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
user posted image

This is the view I had from my old room. I took with my camera phone, hence the low quality of it. I'm no artist, so I can't compare to the rest of you guys (*cough*JOSH*cough*), but I loved the scene, so I thought I'd take the pic happy.gif.

--------------------
"I sat alone and I didn't care,
I sat two years in the same old chair,
I saw three roads but didn't know,
Which way to go-go-go"
My Coco, stellastarr*
Post #119405
Posted: 9th June 2006 19:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
No way, I love sky scenes. The reasons that everyone seems to photograph them are because a) they're pretty and b) the prettiness makes it easier to get a nice shot. I have no complaints about what you posted there at all. :)

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #119412
Posted: 12th June 2006 05:54

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
The dartboard pictures are awesome!

Well, I took a self-portrait (or twelve XD) the other day, and this one had a pretty cool effect. Every once in a while my camera will do something weird and I'll like it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Ever...Angel/rainy.jpg

It looks rainy, but it's just the flash and the mirror. The mirror's clean, though it looks dirty. Not too artistic, but it does look eerie to me!

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #119792
Posted: 12th June 2006 20:06

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I've selected two from over 100 which were taken in my recent holiday to Ireland. The first one shows an amazing view:
user posted image
Look at the sheep happy.gif
The second is of a waterfall:
user posted image
Post #119919
Posted: 16th June 2006 16:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I'm going on a spree. I just found a cache of photos from when I was living in Chicago last year that I never did anything with. Comments/Favs always welcome. wink.gif

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34825187/

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34835927/

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34837515/

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34859699/

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34862484/

More to come in a day or two, but one is somewhat less than CoN-safe.

To Relm: Flash is funny. smile.gif If you put on a striped shirt, put the camera in the picture, and look sad you could have a nice stereotypical emo self-portrait. No, don't do that, you're just fine as is. smile.gif

Mike: I'm a total sucker for waterfalls. I like the bit of motion you go there, it's a nice shutter speed for that.

--------------------

Post #120338
Posted: 7th July 2006 16:44

Cactuar

Awards:
Oh, I really like the first one, Rangers51. I love cities. happy.gif

user posted image

Err... this is a picture of my cat's foot. >>; I thought it looked kind of interesting. ^^;

--------------------
Come with me so I can show you how to live
Burning the candle at both ends
I’m gripping at the walls around me
Don’t complicate it
I’m addicted to this life
I’ll be your token of attention
All my lies come down to this

-Orgy, "Beautiful Disgrace"
Post #122935
Posted: 25th August 2006 16:51

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Celes of Blades @ 7th July 2006 12:44)
Err... this is a picture of my cat's foot. >>; I thought it looked kind of interesting. ^^;

Resurrecting again - Celes, is your cat a polydactyl? Looks like an extra toe there. Our little girl Ally has 21 toes total. smile.gif

Here's a new one, took it in May, did nothing with it until today.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38651682/
user posted image

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 25th August 2006 16:51

--------------------

Post #129289
Posted: 25th August 2006 17:08

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
yay, artwork!!
My full gallery

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Post #129290
Posted: 25th August 2006 18:01

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 25th August 2006 16:51)
Resurrecting again - Celes, is your cat a polydactyl? Looks like an extra toe there. Our little girl Ally has 21 toes total. smile.gif

Yes, she is. She's got a 'thumb' on each of her front paws.

And those flowers are pretty. smile.gif

--------------------
Come with me so I can show you how to live
Burning the candle at both ends
I’m gripping at the walls around me
Don’t complicate it
I’m addicted to this life
I’ll be your token of attention
All my lies come down to this

-Orgy, "Beautiful Disgrace"
Post #129296
Posted: 30th September 2006 06:06

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
I'm overdue for the overdue post your photo thread.

These are two I took on a plane from NY to LA about a year and half ago:
user posted image

user posted image

Edit
R51, your photography is really good. I didn't look over the last batch until just now. Do you or have you thought of doing anything professionally?

This post has been edited by MetroidMorphBall on 30th September 2006 06:11
Post #131705
Posted: 30th September 2006 22:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Photos from an airplane are so frustrating, because the glass is never clear and there's nothing you can do about it. For all that, though, I really like the top one, MMB. Very pretty landform.

Here's one I posted about a month ago at DA:
user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38976001/

I took about forty today at the zoo, hard to tell when I'll actually have time to look at them. Oh, and with regards to your edit, MMB, thanks. I've thought of it MANY times but the thing is that I'm not taking photos that anyone else with a bit of time and a decent camera can't take. I don't even sell prints at DeviantArt except to CoN people, so I have no reason to believe that I'll ever make a living off of it.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 30th September 2006 22:33

--------------------

Post #131741
Posted: 1st October 2006 07:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Here's one of me I took at a swamp near my old job at a loan company.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions Avatar

The Brave Knight
Name: Eirikir Lashius (Ramza)
Role: Knight
AA1: Arts of War
AA2: Guts
R: Counter
S: Concentration
M: Move +3
W: Durandal
O: Reverie Shield
H: Grand Helm
B: Grand Armor
A: Brigand's Gloves
Post #131761
Posted: 1st October 2006 13:58

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (MetroidMorphBall @ 30th September 2006 06:06)
I'm overdue for the overdue post your photo thread.

These are two I took on a plane from NY to LA about a year and half ago:
user posted image

It sort of looks like it spells a word....Maybe the Zoom Zoom Zoom comercials?

I really like your mountain one though, I think it's the clouds.

This post has been edited by Dragon King on 1st October 2006 13:59

--------------------
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.

Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

-Warcraft III Kel'thuzad comparing Arthas and Sylvanas Windrunner.
Post #131767
Posted: 30th October 2006 08:25

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
A couple of Paris pictures:

user posted image

user posted image
Post #133878
Posted: 30th December 2006 19:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I haven't done much work recently - here is one that I just posted at DA. The quality of these just isn't very good, I was a bit rushed.

user posted image
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45393661/

--------------------

Post #139657
Posted: 18th January 2007 04:22
Returner

Awards:
Quote (No-Name @ 4th December 2005 12:21)
This a very recent and scary picture so after you wipe your barf off the screen read below.
user posted image

Well uhh yeah umm thats uhh umm.. It's what it looks like i guess three freaks having heart attacks, The freaks are (from left to right) Me, mosh and pervert. We freaked out and well yeah that about does it.

LOL, looks like you guys have waaay too much fun! tongue.gif

But, I love taking pictures!!! I'm no professional, but I do it anyway. happy.gif

Aren't we gorgeous?

Attached Image
Attached Image
Post #141526
Posted: 29th November 2007 02:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Resurrrrrrrrrrrrrrection. I'm starting to go through some old stuff and fixing it up to post, etc.

This is from February, my first visit to MIT before we moved up here. Click for Biggun' Version.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 29th November 2007 02:40

--------------------

Post #160015
Posted: 29th November 2007 05:45

Onion Knight

Awards:
I remembered I took some photos from the Sarnia (Ontario) Bayfest with Everclear and Collective Soul last year. I borrowed my dad's camera (which I envy cuz mine's a POS) and my friend Brit and I got right into the mosh pit and I took some killer close photos. Dad was so afraid his camera'd get wrecked, but I kept it safe =D I have some that were taken from a looong distance away, but you can barely see the band, so I didn't bother to put them up. I gotta say, that concert was the experience of a lifetime, I'd so do it again! It rained really bad that day and we got soaked to the bone! We had an hour wait after Everclear because there were hints of a storm and Collective Soul was debating on whether or not to risk our safety... unfortunately I was forced to leave as soon as they began playing *cry* I still regret not finding an alternate ride home that night.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Slacking firefighters! Don't they have anything better to do than get a free show atop their truck?! (Lol, actually my dad's a firefighter)

user posted image
This is me (left), my sister Taryn, and my... *sighs* father, the mega-hard-rocker he is (and I wonder where I get it from?)

user posted image
You could get spray-on tattoos at the concert, and I fell in love with the faerie! My friend Brit (BTW she's not a natural red-head, and my hair is no longer that long) got a sun around her belly button =D You can also see the concert-grounds behind us. My dad and sister stayed in this spot the entire time, they totally missed out on an experience!

user posted image
This is one of those photos from far away that my dad editted... himself into. I'm not actually embarassed of my dad, in fact I love his energy and goofy antics. Doesn't it look like he's actually in the crowd? At least until you take a closer look.

EDIT: I totally forgot how to make the thumbnails. I don't want the images to be this large!

This post has been edited by MandaCookie on 29th November 2007 05:52
Post #160018
Posted: 30th November 2007 09:16

SOLDIER

Awards:
Not exactly the pinnacle of achievement... but...

user posted image
user posted image

These were taken on Thanksgiving, the night before Black Friday this year. This is outside the local Best Buy.

I think the fact that the second pic has "No Parking" so blatently disregarded by 3 tents and a vehicle says a lot. tongue.gif

The line to get in the door looped down through the rest of the little shopping center and begun to wind around the building. We were told that it was a "Usual turnout." blink.gif

Oh yea, these were taken from my crappy Motorolla Razr V3m.

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #160042
Posted: 30th November 2007 12:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
That's a lot better than the pics I've managed to wrangle out of my V3c, leilong, though honestly I don't try very hard with it - I usually just use it to grab quick shots of design inspirations I see while out.

The line at my local Circuit City was just as bad, but I didn't see any tents. We decided it wasn't worth it this year; most of the sales weren't even that good!

--------------------

Post #160044
Posted: 2nd December 2007 12:17

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
user posted image

Crappy quality, but it's the only pic of me I have on the net/my pc/non-paperbased forms

Plus I'm fugly
Post #160097
Posted: 5th August 2008 22:14

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
New bump. I took a plane trip this past weekend and used the time to process some shots that were all taken months, if not over a year, ago.

user posted image
http://r51.deviantart.com/art/Cellar-Bell-93923753

user posted image
http://r51.deviantart.com/art/Emergency-Exit-93924132

user posted image
http://r51.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Central-Corner-93925029

user posted image
http://r51.deviantart.com/art/Zero-Sum-93925516

user posted image
http://r51.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Central-Kiosk-93925980

--------------------

Post #171194
Posted: 7th May 2009 19:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I've been working on photos from my Ireland trip for about a week straight now; I finally think I have all the ones I plan to post from my camera up at Facebook, but I wanted to share my album of favorites specifically here. I suppose I'll get some of them up at DeviantArt at some point too.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7898...03&l=a866042d82

Personally, these two are among my favorites of the favorites:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...0_5507138_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...4_3357568_n.jpg

--------------------

Post #177238
Posted: 23rd March 2011 20:32

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Eek! I forgot how talented you guys were! This is humbling!
I've been homesick lately, so I've been photo-editing a few pictures I took I think last april or so.

Most editing is just adjusting brightness/contrast, vibrance, that sort of thing. I'll specify if it's something else.

user posted image
^In the town I grew up in, there's a place called the azalea district. All of the houses are historic looking, from Tudor-style houses to big plantation homes. The roads are red brick, and every house grows a lot of Azaleas out front. This is a cottage from that.

user posted image
County Road 1141. My parents always liked to live out in the country. There are a lot of lakes, tiny creeks, trees, and mosquitoes. My allergies go crazy here, and my joints ache a lot because the humidity can trigger it, too.

user posted image
I wanted a kind of rustic look, so I made the highlights redder and the shadows more blue.

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #193711
Posted: 15th August 2017 18:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I got a wild idea to bump this thread today. So I'll do it with one of my favorite shots I've ever taken in nearly 20 years of "trying." It's not perfect, I wish the chandelier was not at the top center, but by and large I've always loved this shot in the year and a half since I took it.

user posted image

--------------------

Post #213241
Posted: 19th August 2017 04:09

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
That looks really neat. Where is it?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213258
Posted: 19th August 2017 04:43

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
user posted image

There was a bounty hunter from the depths of space

user posted image

And she could easily combine your stupid ass with your face

user posted image

Her name was SAMUS ARAN AND she would destroy metroids

user posted image

When she wasn't totally pissed she was extremely annoyed.

A friend got me an action figure. It sits next to my monitor.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213259
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: