CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Enemy-Grinding Guide

Posted: 11th November 2014 04:28

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I started writing this back when I first played this game in 2008, and wrote up much of it then...but didn't finish it until March 2014. And earlier today, I finished touching it up, and even made myself a GameFAQs account to try to get it posted there (it was a pain working with its fancy editor, but I think I've submitted it now. Wish me luck!).

But anyway, I've written a guide for grinding (i.e. repeatedly killing) enemies in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. It was motivated by my grinding for souls in that game, first to get the Chaos Ring and then to get a complete set to max out the soul abilities. And then to get all the rare item drops. I basically learned the most convenient/efficient places, equipment, etc. to grind each enemy in the game for its stuff, so I decided to write up all of that information.

Here it is, in plain-text format! http://pastebin.com/XzrdBy1x

If this gets approved on GameFAQs, it should be a fancier-looking version, and I'll post the link to that, here. (It'll probably be my one and only GameFAQs guide ever. Unless I repost some of my three or so Steam guides over there.)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 11th November 2014 04:29

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207660
Posted: 11th November 2014 16:25

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Man, I really enjoyed that game. If I play it again - which is reasonably likely - I'll definitely use your guide.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #207663
Posted: 11th November 2014 17:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Interesting. Should prove useful if I can ever make myself play it.

As much as I loved SotN, you'd think I'd be chomping at the bit to really get into it (I've only messed with it).
Post #207665
Posted: 11th November 2014 22:02

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Aww, thanks!

Anyway, my guide was accepted to GameFAQs and is now posted!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/922145-castleva...rrow/faqs/70602

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207667
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: