CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Locke & Celes fanart

Posted: 31st August 2002 05:08
Returner

This pic was actually drawn by my friend Miki-chan, but since she doesn't currently have access to either the internet or this picture, she asked me to post it.  It's a nice little pic of Locke holding Celes in his arms.  She must have passed out from over-exertion or something, but I wonder why Locke looks so sad... oh well... -_-

The thumbnail and pic

I had to link to the page that holds them, since Angelfire won't allow off-site linking to anything but html documents. >_<

Artist: Miki-chan
E-mail: [email protected]
URL: N/A
Media Used: #2 Pencil
File Size: 352 X 429, 20K

--------------------
I'm tellin' ya Hal, it's an EVIL Wak Wak!  ~Gene Biscuit
Post #1898
Posted: 31st August 2002 05:40

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
The only two gripes I have (It's constructive, really!) are his shoes and her arm.  Her arm just seems like it's kinda hovering there, and his shoes just seem awkward.  Other than that, the shading is wonderful and the drawing overall is one of the best I've seen using just pencil.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #1902
Posted: 31st August 2002 11:32

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I think it's very good too, except...poor Celes! It's so hard to hold your head like that unsupported, and her legs too. She'd have to have a neck and abs of steel to do that.

otherwise good though ^-^

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #1905
Posted: 31st August 2002 14:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I have to agree with Elena. An unconscious person will be limp, not rigid. Celes' head would be tilted back, her legs bent down at the knee, and her arm hanging straight down, not out. She looks rigor mortised. o_0

It's a good sketch aside from the anatomical irregularities.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #1913
Posted: 31st August 2002 15:40

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Same comment about the neck and body.  She would probably be all limp and jello-y.  Other than that I like it.  Good stuff.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #1917
Posted: 1st September 2002 02:28

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I personally am a Locke-Terra fan, but the picture is very nice.  Same comments as above, but the detail on the clothing is very good.

--------------------
"Turd-cookies!...they're hot and soft, though..."

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead, Are heaped for the beloved's bed; And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone, Love itself shall slumber on.  - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Post #1960
Posted: 2nd September 2002 18:46

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I've never even heard of a Locke-Terra movement, though I'm glad it'll stir up some refreshing controversy.  Though, in my biased opinion, Locke doesn't deserve her.  Or anyone, for that matter.  ;)

Anyway, the picture is rather nice.  I like the attention to detail.  Other than the anatomical/physical difficulties pointed out by others, I must say it's quality work.  Keep it up.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2024
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: