CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Rosa and Terra (fanart)

Posted: 10th June 2007 23:17

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
We have fun during the day....playing FFIV and FFVI...

O_OFor different files - er. I imagine the image would need to be cut up to put into the database *sorry*

Name: Rosa and Terra
Artist: PrinceofDamycan
Media: pencils, openCanvas

user posted image

This post has been edited by PrinceofDamycan on 10th June 2007 23:31

--------------------
"You're so beautiful! ...You're a man...?!"
-man in Troia bar, to Cecil
Post #151220
Posted: 11th June 2007 00:36
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
blink.gif

Now those are something to look at...wow!

--------------------
Post #151231
Posted: 11th June 2007 00:59

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
i wish i could draw faces... the hair is also great.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #151242
Posted: 11th June 2007 01:05

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Wow! Fantastic looking! :3

--------------------
"Some fight for justice. Some fight for law . . .
. . .Cecil, what will you fight for?"

~KluYa
Post #151244
Posted: 11th June 2007 02:34

SOLDIER

Awards:
Whoa. Gorgeous. The Rosa one is my favorite of the two -- her pose and your rendering of her clothes is just beautiful. I like Terra's pose too, and the texture of her hair especially, but something about the proportions seems a little off -- the size of her chin, maybe, or the tilt of her nose? I love her half-lidded eyes, though.

You must draw MORE AMANO FANART

IMMEDIATELY

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #151262
Posted: 14th June 2007 04:42

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Yay for great art! I love the Amano influence, too, and I can't get enough of all the details you put into these...nice. However, I would also agree that Terra's chin (perhaps even Rosa's, too) is a bit big.

--------------------
Post #151375
Posted: 14th June 2007 06:10

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
These are so beautiful. You are a wonderful artist.

You must draw MORE AMANO FANART

IMMEDIATELY

This post has been edited by Zeromus_X on 14th June 2007 06:11

--------------------
Post #151377
Posted: 14th June 2007 18:38
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I am incredibly impressed. Both are beautifully done, but I like the picture of Rosa better; the one of Terra seems to convey a personality completely alien to the character.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #151405
Posted: 14th June 2007 19:23

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Nah. Both are good, but I like the Terra one better because of the unique pose and the hair. The Rosa one looks more Amano-like, which I like, but the prominent arm doesn't seem to have an elbow.

--------------------
And don't drive your car off a cliff like I did. Girl, no man is worth 10 points on your license.
Post #151416
Posted: 14th June 2007 20:28

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I Wish i could draw like that. blink.gif

--------------------
Kupo.
Post #151426
Posted: 17th June 2007 00:04

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Love the art! I wish I could do that! I need a good drawing of Sabin...can someone do it?

--------------------
"Oh my hero so far away now, will I ever see your smile? Love goes away, like night into day, it's just a fading dream."
Post #151539
Posted: 17th June 2007 01:34

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Wow, those are incredibly good.

Though I have to agree with karabeth, while the drawing of Terra is great, it doesn't suit her personality.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #151541
Posted: 17th June 2007 03:04

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
actually - - ...yeah. I did have some issues with this interp of Terra, but I liked the piece as a whole so I just went with it.

Admittedly, I am a sort of FF newbie. Advance is my first playthrough of FF6 (I didn't get into FF at all until 2003ish) and I had barely gotten anywhere in the game when I drew this, so I wasn't quite familiar with her character...

I now do agree the image doesn't suit her. At all. *embarassed smile*

But thank you all kindly for your comments. I really do appreciate it!!

--------------------
"You're so beautiful! ...You're a man...?!"
-man in Troia bar, to Cecil
Post #151543
Posted: 21st June 2007 20:53
Lunarian

Awards:
SquareEnix definitely should hire you to do character designs. It looks like they're modeling or something, lol. But yeah it's quite nice. Terra's my favorite of these two, even though Rosa looks complete. I think your drawings look way better without colors.
Post #151812
Posted: 23rd June 2007 00:12

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
Gawd I'm gonna have to learn how people do things like this (Course I guess I'd have to improve my talent as well). Incredible. Love the way it looks sketched with color added to it. Don't know how its done but it looks great. I'm gonna have to check out this openCanvas.

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #151865
Posted: 23rd June 2007 23:54

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I am incredibly impressed. Both are beautifully done, but I like the picture of Rosa better; the one of Terra seems to convey a personality completely alien to the character.

agreed.

but either way, great drawings, so real! your drawings are all so good, keep drawing and keep posting!

SquareEnix definitely should hire you to do character designs. It looks like they're modeling or something, lol. But yeah it's quite nice. Terra's my favorite of these two, even though Rosa looks complete. I think your drawings look way better without colors.

yes, yes please do, yes!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #151905
Posted: 30th June 2007 07:47

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Rosa: Very lovely drawing of my favorite FFIV heroine. You gave her a soft look in the way she's rendered but did not sucumb to the typical tiny facial features that's very common in a lot of people's fanart. She's presented as a real woman, one who has a realistic body type and face. Great job on the line work! It's very delicate. The coloring is good too given the subject. I realize you were trying to be fairly true to the original Amano artwork, but you didn't give in completely to his style. We can see the influences but they're not over powering.

Terra: I'm going to completely ignore what others had pointed out earlier in regards to her demeanor and air, focusing solely on the way she's rendered. Again, great job with linework and coloring. The thing that's standing out to me the most is that the angle of her mouth, nose and eyes are not matching up. Go back and take a closer look.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #152257
Posted: 30th June 2007 19:01

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
I'm of the same opinion of everyone else that has seen and will see these. Excellent.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #152272
Posted: 1st July 2007 05:05

Black Waltz

Awards:
woa you got some talent there.

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #152306
Posted: 7th July 2007 23:38

Crusader

Awards:
you have an amazing talent

can you draw Vivi

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #152631
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: