CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 4th January 2020 07:47
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
System Shock

I have two separate drives I boot off of in this computer. One is this one which I use for general purposes (i.e. online activities, media, etc) and another that's used purely for gaming. Doing this allows my gaming drive to run better since I'm not doing as much boneheaded crap on it. At some point a few years ago though I decided to install Steam on this drive too so I could access the less resource intensive games I had. Such as System Shock. It's actually a game I talked about not too long ago and I found out something when I reinstalled it:

I would strongly recommend either finding that mod or buying the re-release as mouselook completely changes the texture of the game...and oddly enough it's specifically because their was another vital quality-of-life improvement the new version didn't include: key rebinding.

user posted image

I dunno. I installed the 'enhanced edition' this time, which is what I thought I installed the first time I took this puppy for a ride. Maybe I didn't or maybe Nightdive just did a completely revamped glow up of their version since then. Either way, turns out key binding is something the game has. Also turns out that...doesn't really matter as much as you'd think.

I found the only additional actions that helped me were remapping the body position keys (i.e. lean/crouch/prone) and the mouselook toggle to the middle mouse button. A reload button would've been nice too, but I couldn't spot it. These changes made the game only marginally less clunky than the first time round honestly. It was still a fun ride though the physics felt more wonky, which is saying something.

--------------------
Post #215945
Posted: 24th January 2020 13:11

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I've been playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and I'm really enjoying it. The battle system is great, there are a lot of missions and hunts, and the story is great too.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #215964
Posted: 30th January 2020 15:45

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I just finished playing RDR2 and am currently playing the RE2 remake. After that I may get back on the FF grind but not sure which one I will play next. I own FF8, FF12 and FF15 but haven't played any of them yet. Also have not play FF1 through FF5 and would like to visit those at some point.
Post #215971
Posted: 1st February 2020 11:55

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (ShaneT12 @ 30th January 2020 12:45)
I own FF8, FF12 and FF15 but haven't played any of them yet.

I highly recommend FF12! It's the best of those three, imo.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #215976
Posted: 19th February 2020 09:58

Returner

I got Kingdom Come: Deliverance from the last Epic Games giveaway and started to play. This game is awesome! I don't know why I didn't play it so far but I loved it as a big RPG fan. Actually, the mechanics are kinda silly and there are a lot of bugs like in Skyrim: NPC's sliding, people fall from the sky etc. However, the plot totally caught me. I'm not a slow player, only playing 2-3 hours a day and it took me 3 days to complete the intro biggrin.gif I got lost in the info section. The info section is one of the best sides of the game. You can find any information about medieval times and it helps you to adapt to the game better. It seems like I will be playing the game longer than 2-3 hours a day since I'm out of my mind with boredom. We came to Italy with my father and I'm sitting at home all day while he's dealing with some issues about our old property in Lake Garda. This game totally saved my life.

This post has been edited by columbus17 on 20th February 2020 11:02
Post #215995
Posted: 21st February 2020 21:17

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Wold of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest 11
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Skyrim
Mortal Kombat 11

This post has been edited by Stauf on 21st February 2020 21:17
Post #215997
Posted: 22nd February 2020 07:00
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Installed GTA IV a while back to see what the Natural and Realistic ENB looks like for it. Not bad honestly.

Also got SIGIL, which is John Romero's free fifth episode to the original 1993 Doom. It was fun, but very...uh...compact compared to other WADs I've played.

After that I replayed some Black Flag as I had a save I'd never finished and felt an inexplicable desire to dick around its high seas open world. Turns out I'd already done that for the most part and just spent the majority of the time polishing off the remaining missions with a...considerably OP'ed character, ship and resources. I noticed the performance of the game was reduced considerably and that's had me puzzled.

Now, I'm playing Alien Isolation...again. For the like...seventh time? To be fair, it's the Switch version that I've never played before and I gotta few things to say about this port it turns out.

For one...hooooooow?! It is...nothing short of remarkable just how good this game looks...on a portable gaming system? This things has the best anti-aliasing I've seen in any version...including the pc one I own! It's ridiculous!

That being said, it does have a grievous flaw to it, which is a severe response time to player input. When first I tried to move around in the game, I found that I could move the analog sticks and let go before the actual movement occurred on-screen. It's so bad, that the developers of the port openly acknowledged the issue...by saying they weren't going to fix it. Apparently for most peeps, it aint an issue, but for yours truly - having cut his teeth most of his life on PC FPS - it's...an adjustment to be sure...

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 22nd February 2020 07:01

--------------------
Post #215999
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: