CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
If you could change...

Posted: 30th April 2003 08:48

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
If you could change one thing in the storyline, or about a character or about the world what would it be?
oooh this ones a toughie, It comes down to Having Leo, or making Umaro controllable but i think i'm gonna go with umaro, he's already a badass when computer controlled, think how much more havok he'd wreak if you could control him

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #11706
Posted: 30th April 2003 08:50

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
If there's anything that I would have liked to see, it would probably have to be having Vargas and Siegfried on your team.  Those would be two kick-### fighters to have around.

But other than that, I think the game's great as it stands.  In fact, it's greater than great.  It's stand-out excellent to me. 8)

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #11707
Posted: 30th April 2003 09:00

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Having Leo would rock  :E
I can't really think of how I'd change FF6,it's great as it is.
Post #11708
Posted: 30th April 2003 10:38

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The one and only flaw to FF6, in my book, is that everyone can learn everything. And if you get everyone up to Level 90 and they've learned every spell they can, they all become one and the same fighter except for different sprites and different skills. The magic points system is good though. But there should be some spells that some learn that others don't to improve their worth

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #11713
Posted: 30th April 2003 15:52

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
I would've liked to see a bigger development of Siegfried, personally.  He seemed to have a far greater purpose and was intended to be more important than he turned out to be, but was cut short in some stage of production because of some issue or another.

Outside of that, I like the other mysteries in the story, like the whereabouts of Daryl, the whole story of Rachel and Locke, Gogo's personality and identity, and why General Leo and Cid joined a bunch of madmen in their evil schemes.  It was things like these that make the game somewhat timeless, and help make it what it is today, one of the greatest RPG's ever made (imo).
Post #11722
Posted: 30th April 2003 18:48

Crusader

Awards:
Two things go as possible for me:
Either unraveling Gogo's identity...

Or such people like Siegfried(Dark swordsman RULEZ), Vargas(Duet with Sabin), Leo(He's cool), Darryl(She sounds like a girl from Figaro...), Baram(...run for Mayor in Zozo!) and/or some Espers(MADUIN!!! YEAH!!!) on your party.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #11728
Posted: 30th April 2003 20:40

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
I would have that you can save Leo somehow. And if he was in your party, all the more better.

Can someone refresh my memory on how Siegried was?

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #11732
Posted: 30th April 2003 21:48
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Sabin @ 30 Apr 2003, 05:38)
The one and only flaw to FF6, in my book, is that everyone can learn everything. And if you get everyone up to Level 90 and they've learned every spell they can, they all become one and the same fighter except for different sprites and different skills.

You know, I've had the same thought.  This is really true.  Other than Sabin's Blitzing, basically everyone depends on the upper-level magic spells in battle anyway.  It kind of drove my nuts that all this wonderful character-distinguishing-plot-development kind of faded at the end when they all learned magic and were happy.  Then again, I was coming from FFIV, where all the characters have VERY distinct abilities.  I kind of liked it that way.

I never really cared that much for Seigfried or Leo - I mean, I liked them both, especially Leo, but I've never really considered bringing them back.

I dunno.  I think the storyline stands very strongly on its own.  But I'm a hopeless devotee.

--------------------
//seventhe will be out of commission until 19 may.  she'll be in cancun, so feel free to be jealous.

home of the most random portfolio ever.  artwork, fiction, literature, fanwork, and more sarcasm than you can shake a stick at.
Post #11735
Posted: 30th April 2003 22:44

Engineer

Awards:
Indeed, I think some more specialization would of help.  Everyone being the same with all powerful spells is kinda lame.  If only certain characters could learn some high end spells...or if some people had like 'stunted growth' in ablitities.  (like Sabin only having like 40 magic power, while Terra could go to 255)

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #11741
Posted: 1st May 2003 00:03

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Well let Terra have more screen time in the World of Ruin and make her a compulsory choice for the party one way or another.
Post #11751
Posted: 1st May 2003 02:50
Engineer

Awards:
Quote (TheEvilEye @ 30 Apr 2003, 10:52)
I would've liked to see a bigger development of Siegfried, personally.  He seemed to have a far greater purpose and was intended to be more important than he turned out to be, but was cut short in some stage of production because of some issue or another.

I couldnt agree more with this.  He seemed to be mysterious and have purpose, much more than just becoming someone you fight at the colloseum...

--------------------
Old enough to know better
Not old enough to care
Post #11759
Posted: 1st May 2003 05:47

Awards:
Siegfried for collesium is what Sephiroth was for Kingdom Hearts I believe.
Post #11775
Posted: 1st May 2003 06:11

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I've noticed a few things that people haven't considered:
1) Leo in your party. His sacrifice was major in the development in everyone's character, but mostly Terra's. It gives a new perspective on the soldiers of the empire.
2) Vargas on your team: this makes as much sense as Kefka on your team, or Sephiroth on your team in Seven. He was a major enemy of Sabin, and was just a lowly, selfish murderer.
3) People learning all the same magic was sort of the point. Other than a dangerous force that needed to be destroyed, Magic also erases the lines of individuality, giving it another reason for having to be destroyed.

Other than that, I agree with Evil Eye. The Seigfried/Zeigfried situation is kind of confusing, and not a welcomed mystery. His story is that Zeigfried stole something from the Phantom Train, then Seigfried helps you through the cave in Figaro (but he doesn't really), telling you there's an imposter somewhere, then he works at the Colosseum as just an administrator. Something major must have been cut.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11778
Posted: 1st May 2003 06:23

Awards:
Also people if you really want to change stats do forget about the sexy(figure of speech) monster editor in the downloads section. I wonder if there are more hacking tools out there hmmm.
Post #11782
Posted: 4th May 2003 04:52

Black Waltz

Awards:
i would make Rachel's reincarnation complete. Instead of her dying i would let her live. Also I would make sure Relm, Strago, and Gau died during the collapes of the WOB.  :lol:

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #11987
Posted: 4th May 2003 14:48

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Quote (BGrugby @ 3 May 2003, 23:52)
i would make Rachel's reincarnation complete. Instead of her dying i would let her live. Also I would make sure Relm, Strago, and Gau died during the collapes of the WOB.  :lol:

same as him but would have had rachel shot dead after being reincarnated but the cult of kefka so we could have Locke go postal and waste the Kefkan cultists. i like to see a madman in your party.. and even better, if he got wasted himself! :)

and also, im oppsoed to the idea of bringing leo back. think about it- would the Lord of the Rings have been as good had Boromir not became a human pincushon courtesey of Lurtz? no.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #12004
Posted: 4th May 2003 19:43

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 1 May 2003, 01:11)
2) Vargas on your team: this makes as much sense as Kefka on your team, or Sephiroth on your team in Seven. He was a major enemy of Sabin, and was just a lowly, selfish murderer.

Don't really agree with you on that:

Sabin wanted to make up and not fight Vargas. Vargas forced him  to fight, and if Vargas would actually listen to Sabin instead his own Ego he could make a valuable party member.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #12026
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:46

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I'd probobly change gau in some way so that he isn't as worthless as he is now.   I just don't know of any real good reason to put him a party, his combat skills are rather worthless, and he has almost no Character development except for the one little thing in the WOR...which is ussualy the only time he gets to be in my party

--------------------
"I will be the last, and you will go first!" -Saravok

"Silence Dog. You serve no purpose but to die by my hand." - Jon Irenicus

"Doom awaits thee!" -Mellisan

"Eh-Yo, It's me, Imoen"
Post #12272
Posted: 11th May 2003 21:18

Black Waltz

Awards:
make a small passageway leading to whole new world with secret quests ;)

(i'm back)

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #12274
Posted: 21st May 2003 04:16
Returner

Awards:
There's nothing that i would want to change about this game other than the customizability of the characters.  I agree with Seventh and Kyle about the characters essentially being the same once you get magic.  FFIV had DEFINITE character differentiation (compare Cecil and Rosa's white magic).  I would not want to have Leo in the party because he would make the game even easier than it already is.  That and Gau can have "Shock" with the retainer rage...
Post #12584
Posted: 22nd May 2003 00:27

Group Icon
NOT A GOOD POSTER ;_;

I would make Gogo more in depth so we could find out if he is darl or we would find out about his past with the crystal shards from final fantasy 5 ;). also I would make leo live and have him playable (shock does amasing damadge) though i think it would be best to also control umaro.
Post #12620
Posted: 1st June 2003 17:21

Cactuar

Awards:
I would make Cid playable in the world or ruins. (I would like someone to support me in battle in the begining of the WoR other then Sabin
Post #12826
Posted: 3rd June 2003 15:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I think I would make the WOL longer and WOR shorter as I really don't like the WOR much.   I just get impatient having to go do all these things when there isn't nearly as much plot mstuff as there was in the WOR.   I would also like it if Realm and strago where availible to play a bit more in the WOL so they wouldn't be so gimped.

--------------------
"I will be the last, and you will go first!" -Saravok

"Silence Dog. You serve no purpose but to die by my hand." - Jon Irenicus

"Doom awaits thee!" -Mellisan

"Eh-Yo, It's me, Imoen"
Post #12867
Posted: 7th June 2003 15:00
Returner

I totally disagree with the 'bringing ppl back to life and have them join your party stuff' First of all the story would be different and second aren't 14 characters enough to choose from??
I wouldn't want to know about Gogo's identity either, that's what gives the game such a long life (I mean like in fanfics or forums or whatever) the mysteries speak to your imagination and it's different for everyone,I myself like to think Gogo's Darryl.
Anyway I think that's what lacked FF8...You couldn't really think about what happened to that char? and what if this? You can for FF6 and FF7...
Post #13015
Posted: 8th June 2003 10:51
Returner

Awards:
I myself think that GoGo is just GoGo not Leo or Daryl gestahl just GoGo.
I agree with setzer about wath happenedto?Ya know i really like this site with all them carrots on the background and it used to be about lucretia and vincent and they had a child named sephiroth....... so he/she thinks that vincent and lucretia are his parents.

I wouldnt change one thing about the game its perfect as it is.

--------------------
"To play or not to play,thats the question,to play is the answer."
Sabin Rene Figaro

i am the brother of a son of a submariner so i am a son of a submariner too :D
Post #13028
Posted: 10th June 2003 12:54
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I would have to agree w/ not bringing back anyone (except maybe geshtal just to have kefka kill him again- hated that guy), it would just take away from the story.

The only thing i would change is that I would give Gau the command "fight", and let him equip a weapon. I think that if they would have done that, in addition to his rages, he would have been one badass character. 8)

--------------------
"Son of a submariner"
          -Kefka
Post #13100
Posted: 15th June 2003 20:28
Returner

Myself, I would add a way to play against your friends (yaknow, a multiplayer mode), so I could put my party against my friends party. IMHO :rolleyes:

--------------------
Favorite Shooter: Halo 2 (awaiting PC release)
Favorite Strategy: Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

"Wherever you go in life, there you are"--anonymous
Post #13243
Posted: 17th June 2003 13:02

Black Mage

Awards:
I would agree with Moogle a multiplayer mode would be sick.  I'm sure theres people who know how to mod a game that well.  So who knows.  Maybe one day there will be a mod like that for roms.

--------------------
aint superstitious Black cat crossed my trail
I aint superstitious But a Black cat crossed my trail
But Lord has got me so far and I wont let her stop me now
The dogs begin to bark all over my neighborhood
And that aint all
The dogs begin to bark all over my neighborhood
UMmHMm
This is a mean old world to live in and I cant face it by myself
Post #13300
Posted: 17th June 2003 20:10

Returner

Ya know Seventh and Sabin are right, everyone could learn everything, like in the 7...equip one character with a materia, level it up to Master and then equip it to another char  -_- anyways, the limit breaks are the ones that distinguish each char...about the game, I wouldn't change anything from the storyline...it's just perfect as it is...but it'll be a better idea to make Umaro controllable...guess that's all...
Post #13312
Posted: 26th June 2003 00:03

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Quote (Slam Dancin' Moogle @ 15 Jun 2003, 14:28)
Myself, I would add a way to play against your friends (yaknow, a multiplayer mode), so I could put my party against my friends party. IMHO :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember the old way to play "multiplayer" on ff6?  :D

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #13673
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: