CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF4 / FF6

Posted: 23rd March 2008 20:42

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Ahhhahaha, I really fail at replying to comments. Tbh, I don't pay enough attention. biggrin.gif I post here b/c I figure this is the place to go for people to appreciate the characters I love to draw. Elsewhere I get a lot of general disappointment that I haven't drawn Sephiroth or Cloud. sleep.gif

Also, not particularly looking for crit or anything. But if there's something you feel you absolutely must point out, go for it!

Rosa, Cecil, and Kain - FF4DS designs.

user posted image

-
Setzer and Celes -

user posted image

-
Locke in front of the burning Vector...more a scenery study, lol.

user posted image

Thanks! ohmy.gif thumbup.gif
PoD

This post has been edited by PrinceofDamycan on 23rd March 2008 20:44

--------------------
"You're so beautiful! ...You're a man...?!"
-man in Troia bar, to Cecil
Post #164449
Posted: 23rd March 2008 21:40

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
the first ones were great, but the last is stunning. and im assuming its a seam, but what is that line on rosa's side?

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #164459
Posted: 23rd March 2008 21:54

Engineer

Awards:
I must absolutely point out that all of these are beautiful. Any flaws in these pictures would be incredibly small and unimportant (unless I am an unobservant person, which is something I don't think I am). Well, I think that you should be able to see a tiny part of Setzer's neck, considering the position of his hair...but that's not much.

I love the watercolouring, because it seems to compliment your delicate style. Even tho' I'm not a FFIV fan, I love that fanart. The expressions on all of their faces are very expressive. You seem to have human anatomy down well, too.

--------------------
Post #164463
Posted: 23rd March 2008 22:31

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Quote (dont chocobos rule? @ 23rd March 2008 21:40)
the first ones were great, but the last is stunning. and im assuming its a seam, but what is that line on rosa's side?

Yes, indeed. biggrin.gif It is a seam. Thank you!

--------------------
Post #164466
Posted: 23rd March 2008 22:33

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Incredible, i really like the way you draw..

That's all i have to say, flatter is nice :-)

--------------------
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Broccoli to die.
Post #164467
Posted: 24th March 2008 03:37

Cactuar

Awards:
Very impressive! My favorite is the Final Fantasy IV DS-styled artwork of Cecil, Rosa, and Kain. It reminds of sort of an impasse between Amano's style or art and Nomura's illustrations.

--------------------
"You underestimate the strength of a Jedi's mind, Brejik. A mistake you won't live to regret, " -Bastila Shan(Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
Post #164479
Posted: 26th March 2008 02:41

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
This is all amazing!

The scenery in the burning vector is perfect. the kind of quality where you look at it and think 'did he really draw that?'

Setzer could use a bit of work, he currently looks like a head floating in grey-ness

Celes' face is beautiful. you portrayed her differently than what i would expect, but she is done great.

awesome work! more please! and don't give in to the cloud/sephiroth rantings of other forums! they are overrated!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #164592
Posted: 26th March 2008 03:41

Behemoth

Awards:
Wow, the one with Locke and Vector looks like it could have been in a cut scene or something.

--------------------
Post #164595
Posted: 26th March 2008 03:56

Cactuar

Awards:
BlitzSage
Wow, the one with Locke and Vector looks like it could have been in a cut scene or something.

Yea, that woulda been something great. thumbup.gif
Post #164598
Posted: 26th March 2008 18:51

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Anh @ 26th March 2008 03:56)
BlitzSage

Yea, that woulda been something great. thumbup.gif

I know. It's a really great picture.

--------------------
Post #164626
Posted: 26th March 2008 20:19

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
These are amazing...i like the visual style, and i hope to see more if you are still drawing!

--------------------
<DrkMagimaster282> MWAHAHA. I,
DrkMagimaster282, shall wreak havoc and destroy...
<Mother>TIIIIIIMMYYY...are you planning evil, unkind revenge again in the bathroom??
<DrkMagimaster282>UMMMMMMMM...NO.

CoN day is May 27th, 2005
Join elder-geek.com for unbiased reviews, no console wars here...
Post #164630
Posted: 27th March 2008 01:15

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (DrkMagimaster282 @ 26th March 2008 20:19)
These are amazing...i like the visual style, and i hope to see more if you are still drawing!

Me too. If you have more, please post.

--------------------
Post #164642
Posted: 28th March 2008 16:02

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
I was completely like... I just saw these somewhere! Where?! It's gonna bug me! And then I realized that i saw them on Deviantart, after you told me to draw more FF art. XD

I really do love them, like I said on deviantart, your FF art is really beautiful. The characters translate well into your art. wub.gif

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #164776
Posted: 28th March 2008 17:14

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Hikaroo @ 28th March 2008 16:02)
I was completely like... I just saw these somewhere! Where?! It's gonna bug me! And then I realized that i saw them on Deviantart, after you told me to draw more FF art. XD

I really do love them, like I said on deviantart, your FF art is really beautiful. The characters translate well into your art. wub.gif

Incidentally, I found you through this site, too! But I contacted you on DA since that was where the greater majority was... (as far as I could tell.)

biggrin.gif thank youuu.

And to others: Amazing....the Setzer and Celes one has been drawn for a whiiiile now, and I completely never noticed the lack of neck or anything - now it's really sticking out to me!

Thanks so much for your support. biggrin.gif I'm glad the stuff is received so well here, and I'll post more as it occurs.

--------------------
Post #164779
Posted: 29th March 2008 04:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I agree with the others. The first two were lovely, but the third picture is breathtaking. I really liked Celes's pose and hair. And... I got to say it.... chocobo butt! (tee hee, I am 5 years old!)

I did not know you were on DA (though that's where I met Hikaroo, years ago). What's your username there?

--------------------
Post #164827
Posted: 30th March 2008 14:01

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
http://style-xx.deviantart.com

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #164909
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: