CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary Game Announcements

Posted: 28th May 2021 21:19

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Dragon Quest as a franchise turned 35 years old this week, and Square Enix went to town on bringing around new games. Gematsu has them all covered, so here is a quick list for Dragon Quest fans out there:
  • A twelfth entry in the mainline series, subtitled "The Flames of Fate," was announced with no release date but plans for a simultaneous worldwide release. A trailer lives behind the click.
  • Another new game, Dragon Quest Treasures, is a spinoff featuring characters from Dragon Quest XI as children, and is centered around treasure hunting. It, too, has a trailer past the link but not much other information to speak of.
  • For the MMO Dragon Quest, DQX, there were two new updates this week. First, the next expansion for version 6 will arrive in Japan this fall; additionally, an "offline" version was also announced for 2022.
  • Finally, an "HD-2D" remake of the third Dragon Quest game will be coming soon as well. Dragon Quest III was the final game for the NES, and the remake will combine pixel art and engine effects to re-render the game in a 3D environment. There’s no release date available for this game either, but there is (obviously?) a trailer too.
Seems like there will be plenty of content for Dragon Quest fans over the next couple years, to say the least.

Source: Gematsu
Post #216545
Posted: 30th May 2021 08:33

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
The idea of an offline version of an MMORPG is intriguing, though I suspect that it's been done before? Though I can't think of an example, aside from Tkl Online which is actually just natively an offline game just made to resemble an MMORPG.

That HD-2D remake looks quite nice, and I haven't even played DQ3 before myself. Though I still feel that the juxtaposition of the pixelated spritework and the high-res surroundings still feels a little off. This wouldn't be the only game to have this issue, of course. I wonder if there's a way to "pixelate" the surroundings as well?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #216546
Posted: 9th July 2021 03:43

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I think Square Enix mentioned possible during the end of life for FFXIV making a single player version.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-single-player

Final Fantasy XIV plays like a single player game, but it would need extreme work to be done to make it completely single player friendly. The Trust system was a huge leap forward but we would need a gambit system.

I imagine Dragon Age X single player is going to break ground on this aspect and I am very hopeful.

As for the HD-2D Version I plan on getting this. Dragon Quest XI really pulled me into the series I am debating on replaying it.

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #216601
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: