CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Issue with fanart commenting

Posted: 28th October 2009 16:41

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I went to check out the new fanart that was added, and I wanted to make a comment on one. I scrolled down to where someone else had already posted, but instead of saying "leave a comment" or whatever exactly it is supposed to say, I was asked to log in before I could leave a comment. I was already logged in, but I clicked the link and re-logged in anyhow. When I returned to the picture that I wanted to comment on, though, it still said that I had to log in first.
Help? smile.gif

Edit
Sorry, I just realized this could have been handled better in a PM.

This post has been edited by Death Penalty on 28th October 2009 16:41

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #182082
Posted: 28th October 2009 17:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I definitely did not have that issue, and I used the tool in the page to post my comment on the fanart that you're no doubt looking at.

Do you have the login page set to "remember" you? If not, that's the problem, and I can update the messaging to reflect that. However, if you have set that, and you can verify it by closing your browser and then returning to the CoN homepage to see if it welcomes you back by name, then I'll probably reach out to talk to you further.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #182083
Posted: 30th October 2009 22:31

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Yeah, my account is set on 'remember me'. The same thing happened when I tried to click on your most recent news story to add a comment. I can add comments in fanart or news stories when they're in the forums, but not by going straight to them. The only problem then is that I can't comment on fanart at all unless someone else already has.

I click on the picture to go to its specific page and scroll down to where it should say "leave a comment", but instead it asks me to log in first. Then I scroll to the top of the screen, where it says "logged in as Death Penalty".

Edit
Ok, I just found where the Fanart Commentary forum is (I thought it was under 'Your Creations'... but it's in Submission). So I guess it's not so much of a problem as an inconvenience. And a small one at that.

This post has been edited by Death Penalty on 30th October 2009 22:42

--------------------

Post #182138
Posted: 2nd November 2009 21:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Well, it's definitely a problem, because I can't be sure that nobody else is having it, you see. smile.gif

So, let's start with this, and you can PM me this information if you prefer:

Operating System
Web browser and browser version
Screenshots, if possible, showing the comment table where it indicates that you are not logged in and the element in the navigation that should (for fanart) say "Admin Panel for Death Penalty."

I'd love to track this down, so feel free to pop into chat.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #182177
Posted: 3rd November 2009 08:02

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. 
i had the same problem (inconvenience) trying to comment on news..

--------------------
both feet on the ground won't get you anywhere..
Post #182179
Posted: 3rd November 2009 11:32

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Crash Endburn @ 3rd November 2009 03:02)
i had the same problem (inconvenience) trying to comment on news..

Then the same post I made above applies to you, too, when you get around to reading it, thanks.

--------------------

Post #182183
Posted: 4th November 2009 13:44

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
OK, never mind, I think I have it fixed now. Please retry whenever you have the chance.

--------------------

Post #182202
Posted: 8th November 2009 05:13

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
See More (Total 16)
Ok I just gave it a shot and it worked out great! I didn't actually leave a comment, but it recognized that I was logged in and everything and I was able to bring up the comment screen. Thanks!

--------------------

Post #182245
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: