CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
PC Version Updates

Posted: 28th November 2012 22:36
Returner

Hello! So I found a few things that need to be updated for the PC version, and I was sad to see I could not make changes to the wiki! So Instead I shall post them here! (or what I can remember from before at least)

1.32 Sandy Badlands
It should probably be mentioned that if you venture into the sands, the only way to get back is just change screens a bunch until a rider shows up to give you a lift back to town.

Try to get laser before you go into the Car junk yard (after this point it is too late to get the skill and you will have to wait). this is a very strong attack for the level, and can come in quite useful by the time you meet the second monster with it (dark dragon lvl 57).

1.38 - Mansion (first time showing up at the mansion)
I could not find Jersey after 3 hours of searching, so perhaps he is no longer here or only appears if you come back later.

Yin-Yang should be included in the monster fight list, and only in the hall right outside Vincent, and one screen before.

1.39 Mt. Nibel

It should be elaborated on how to head back. Should make note that the entrance to get back is behind the reactor, and you have to run behind it starting on the left.

The Dragon can only be found in the caves on either side of the materia well. That might help people that are searching for it to get the Flame Thrower Skill and Gold Armlet.

2.4 Gaea's Cliff
The Malboro can only be found on the windy paths outside the caves, but not on the edges where you have to stay warm.

The Blue Dragon can only be found in the narrow hallway after the hotspring that restores MP/HP. From what I can tell, it is impossible to get the dragon force from the dragon, as you must manipulate it to cast it on you (since it is not an attack skill). However, after hours of trying with the hypnocrown, it seems this dragon is un-manipulatable, and you will have to wait until the black dragons to get this skill. But the armlet is very worth while to get a few of, as it is one of the best for this point in time, for a very long time.

On Schizo, do not use Kjata as it will only heal him (for the full 2-10k hp). This is because this summon uses all elements, and the two heads absorb half the attack (so game logic is to heal the full amount).

2.5 The Promised Land
Wind Wing has the skill white wind yes, but it is not possible to get it unless you have confusion. Manipulating the monster only gives 3 skills, and none of them are white wind. From what I have read, confusion is the only way to do it.

Chocobos!
To find a Good chocobo, you can no longer rely on them having two spencers with them. After 2 hours of looking at the gold saucer area, the spencers never showed up. I eventually started catching ones with two flapbeats, I found half good, half average chocobos. Not sure if I was just really unlucky, or they changes this. I was using a 4 star choco lure, and a 1 star (don't know if it stacked but wanted to see if I could get the spencers to show up).

Guessing this may be the case for other ones, but I have not yet tried past Good on the PC.

You may also want to add some information found here ... http://www.kuponut.com/games/ff7/chocobo_breed.html . I didn't see a section explaining what the colors do. I figure that was because this guide was to get Gold without stopping in between I assume tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Skelufteay on 28th November 2012 22:38
Post #201603
Posted: 29th November 2012 00:04
Returner

2.7 Mideel

Monsters Outside (since none are listed)
Crysales (typically 3) - accompany Fair Chocobos
Head Hunter (3-4) - Same ones that show up with Great Chocobo's

2.8 Corel
To get back to the reactor, go north out of town and across the bridge. You fight super easy monsters to get there, so I almost didn't go back that way. Probably should add in this direction. Also Corel is the town north of Golden Saucer (just in case people forget...like I did).

While on the train you have a 10 minute time limit ... and menu does not pause the time. Only Pause during a battle will pause the clock.

The big guard skill cannot be learned from Wolfmeister, as he cannot be manipulated. You have better chances of getting it from beachplugs on shores of continents.

2.12 Junon
Death Machine is also an encounter-able enemy.

This post has been edited by Skelufteay on 1st December 2012 23:49
Post #201605
Posted: 18th December 2012 05:36
Returner

Edit on Chocobos:

It would seem two chocobo lures do stack. I had a 4 star and a 1 star equipped and every single battle had a chocobo. With only one 4 star it was every 4 or so yielded a chocobo.

Also to note on monster combinations of chocobo rarity ... if you are searching for a good chocobo while cloud is sick from mako, you will never find dual spensers with the chocobo. Only after you have Cloud again can you use this technique.

It would also seem that at the end of disk 2, Wonderful chocobo's do not show up with two jumpings (if at all) until you progress in the story further. If have not been able to find them prior to returning to midgar.
Post #201830
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: