CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Post Your Desktop: The Return!

Posted: 26th May 2004 01:11

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
A year ago I made a post called Post Your Desktop! where I was curious as to what my fellow CoN members' desktops were like. This post ended up with very few replies, most of which I attribute to poor hosting capabilities.

Since http://imageshack.us is a free image hosting site who allows you to direct link, you have no reason not to share your desktop smile.gif.

To take an image of your desktop, it's probably done by pushing PrintScreen, then paste it into a graphics editor of choice.

Aaaand finally, here's mine, a bare desktop shot and an action shot.

Action Shot

Desktop Shot

Please try to keep your images to around 800x600 or less. It helps load the page faster and breaks tables less. Thanks!

LINKED
VVVV

This post has been edited by FraudulentTommah on 26th May 2004 02:18
Post #44644
Posted: 26th May 2004 01:48

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Better yet, just link your images to avoid thread pages with insane loading times. Nice desktop by the way. smile.gif

My desktop (low quality):
i90east's Wallpaper (58k) 1024x768

The desktop image (high quality):
Semi-tropical Arizona Sunset (188kb) 1024x768

This post has been edited by i90east on 26th May 2004 01:54

--------------------
FFXI (Siren server)
Tauu the Windurstian Tarutaru!
White Mage & Paladin
Post #44651
Posted: 26th May 2004 02:06

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Bare: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1049/desktop17.jpg (90233 bytes)

Action: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9631/desktop18.jpg (140984 bytes)

This post has been edited by Zephir on 26th May 2004 02:09

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #44652
Posted: 26th May 2004 02:41

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
good ol stars and bars. the confederate flag. i keep as few icons as possible on my desktop, so theres really no need for a pic. just a spyware protector and the recycling bin.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #44654
Posted: 26th May 2004 02:45

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Most of the time it's this:

Fall from Grace

But somtimes I also use...

Wolf

--------------------
~Justin
Murphy was an optimist.
Post #44655
Posted: 26th May 2004 02:59

Group Icon
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Inactive

And

Active

My Desktop pic changes about once every 2 weeks, this one is due for a change soon.

Edit
And I was requested to smear the other IRC windows...silly people.

This post has been edited by Hanyou on 26th May 2004 03:00

--------------------
"My impersonation of an ordinary person was flawless." - Neal

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Post #44657
Posted: 26th May 2004 14:12

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
the mighty desk!
No action shots just now, as well, theres no action at all ATM... wait till im on chat...

the pic is a Dawn of War desktop.i love it!

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #44699
Posted: 26th May 2004 14:30

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I'm not on my personal PC right now (how's that for an oxymoron, eh?), but I'll give you my wallpaper anyway: Black Mage from 8-Bit Theater. Should you not be familiar with 8 Bit Theater, then go read it. All of it. Now.

What are you still doing here?

--------------------
Post #44701
Posted: 5th December 2004 20:09

Group Icon
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Desktop

Thought it would be cool to revive this thread. I always like seeing how people have their desktops set up for some reason. Perhaps it's because I have no life. sad.gif

--------------------
"My impersonation of an ordinary person was flawless." - Neal

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Post #66761
Posted: 6th December 2004 02:11

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Desktop on Laptop

Desktop on PC

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #66782
Posted: 6th December 2004 02:24

Cetra

Awards:
Here's mine; promotional art for Endless Saga. Scaled down to 75% of its size, because I doubt any of you feel like downloading a 1280x1024 screencap.

If you can't tell, I'm NOT a desktop-y person. I see my desktop once: when I boot up Windows. Then, it's gone. Way too restrictive; I can access all of my documents with Windows Explorer, not with the desktop. Same goes for programs (most of which I've hotkeyed anyways). The desktop's always been just... "there" for me. Completely useless. wink.gif

And yes, I'm in the habit of working on multiple projects at once. My website, Extractool (as described on Mnrogar's boards), and Endless Saga itself ("Blank" because I just copy-pasted a template project from one of my folders when I started it, and never saw a point to renaming it. Far more trouble than it's worth.)

Yes, yes, that IS Windows 98. What? My baby's 6 years old and still in top shape. Don't come criticize her OS. ;P

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #66786
Posted: 6th December 2004 03:14

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I'm surprised many of you appear to launch very few programs from your desktop. I figure the desktop has a purpose, so you might as well take advantage of it.

WARNING: Large bitmap:

http://www.geocities.com/hblhawks6_2005/desktop.html

Yep, it's boring.

EDIT: Geocities doesn't have reliable uptime. Please forgive it.

This post has been edited by The_Pink_Nu1 on 6th December 2004 03:24

--------------------
SPEKKIO: "GRRR...That was most embarrassing!"
Post #66794
Posted: 6th December 2004 03:20

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Well, I guess I'll post my desktop, but I'm warning you, it's not pretty. I decided to go with a different approach for the icons on my desktop...having been inconvenienced because I'd have to move my active window farrrr to the right to get to some icons, I just started putting them around the perimeter since XVI32 only takes up the space in the middle of the desktop (hence no icons are covered...see how that works?). Anyways, enjoy:

The desktop

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #66796
Posted: 6th December 2004 05:10

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
May look familiar to one or two of you. i mentioned it in its respective topic. It still holds the record for longest time without a change. Its either that good, or I got incredibly lazy. Yay for cool icons.

http://mooglegenocide.t35.com/Desktop.JPG

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #66798
Posted: 6th December 2004 11:48

Returner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v362/GSGold/desktop.jpg

I'm probably the only person here with loads of crap on their desktop. Oh well. See if you can spot any familiar items in it. It's like Where's Waldo, but cooler!
Post #66810
Posted: 6th December 2004 20:29

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Well, I'm not up to par on all this "It's probably done by pushing PrintScreen" business for my actual desktop, so I'll just post my desktop pic:

It's very worthy

This post has been edited by Tidu-who on 6th December 2004 20:31

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #66828
Posted: 6th December 2004 20:45
Returner

I'm running dual monitors so the Screen Capture is a bit different since it captures both monitors together.

Monitor 1: 22" Res. 1360x1024, Wallace & Gromit
Monitor 2: 17" Res. 1152x864, Angry Kid

Keep in mind that it's a HUGE file since I don't have time to "work my magic" on it so it's an acceptable size.

http://www.35thavemedia.com/screenshot.jpg

DIV
Post #66829
Posted: 7th December 2004 00:42

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
[http://darkpaladin.sphosting.com/Laptop.JPG]

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #66852
Posted: 7th December 2004 00:48

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
user posted image

I love imageshack.
That's a drawing my friend T-sea did, that I made into a little wallpaper.

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #66854
Posted: 7th December 2004 01:26

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
Heh, I like MogMaster's. shifty.gif

I can't get a shot of mine either, and my desktop pic isn't really worth posting. It's a weird black 'n' brown design I've had for, like, three years with only four icons scattered on it. It's not far off from being the most boring desktop ever.

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #66859
Posted: 7th December 2004 01:29

Black Waltz

Awards:
sad.gif Hikaroo made me sad. i did notice that you use Kazaa Lite, i love that program. evryone i know just says "screw kazaa! you're a thief!!!"

--------------------
moé in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Post #66860
Posted: 7th December 2004 18:23

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
OK, Hanyou finally bludgeoned me into actually using a wallpaper again. This is from my new PC at work - I just got it Friday or else it would have more stuff on the desktop. This wallpaper is really only temporary because I have a tendency to use only ones I design, and I haven't designed any in a while. Also, I censored a couple things that you shouldn't see.

http://alvies.cavesofnarshe.com/winter.jpg

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #66925
Posted: 7th December 2004 18:31

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I am using the following wallpaper, which is from a photo that my dad took and R51 manipulated.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4583987/

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #66926
Posted: 8th December 2004 00:29

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
My wicked awesome desktop by the fab artist Jason Chan: CLICK!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #66963
Posted: 8th December 2004 11:18

Onion Knight

Awards:
Idle:
user posted image

In Action (working on the previous image in Photoshop):
user posted image

I made the wallpaper earlier tonight. It features 3 pictures of Gackt in which he looks exactly like I picture Zendel, the main character in my novel 2600. I used various effects to give it the atmosphere I was going for. I also created my own Gothic desktop theme. Just about everything on my screen right now is black and red with Gothic style lettering. It kicks butt! biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Heh, couldn't resist:
user posted image

This post has been edited by Riona on 8th December 2004 11:24
Post #66990
Posted: 8th December 2004 20:56

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
user posted image
180KB

My current desktop. Things don't change much.
Post #67020
Posted: 12th December 2004 23:14

Chimera

Awards:
Here's an update:

Updated Desktop

The taskbar is a darker blue thanks to Style XP. cool.gif

--------------------
FFXI (Siren server)
Tauu the Windurstian Tarutaru!
White Mage & Paladin
Post #67406
Posted: 13th December 2004 00:24

Awards:
Well, I'm currently in California and my computer is in Connecticut, but here's what I use for my wallpaper! smile.gif

user posted image

Clive Barker rocks.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #67414
Posted: 13th December 2004 02:47

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (Malevolence @ 6th December 2004 20:29)
evryone i know just says "screw kazaa! you're a thief!!!"

Not trying to spark a debate, but that's 100% right unless you use Kazaa to download freeware material.

I rather like i90east's environment's colors. That's a rather attractive shade of blue. tongue.gif Can't say much for the background though, personally.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #67436
Posted: 13th December 2004 04:33

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Well since Image Shack is free and I don't need to give my email address, I see no need to be antisocial.Here you guys go, the desktop. Yes, I do use a gameboy to surf the net tongue.gif . Seriously, I did shrink it for the thread. That's because my screen resolution is 1280x960. I don't think you guys want to spend allot of time downloading something so trivial. Or do you . . ? I like what most of the others have posted, especialy i90's, very nice. Those palm trees look very relaxing in the sunset.

--------------------
Post #67440
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: