CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A challenge VIA Sabin

Posted: 9th August 2002 22:30

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ok, I was chatting with Sabin, and I told him I was gonna try to defeat Zeromus with Cecil alone. So I'm throwing out a challenge to everyone to give it a whirl:

Try to defeat Zeromus with Cecil alone. If you can do that, post it here, and then try part 2: Try to beat Zeromus alone WITHOUT healing ONCE!

To start out, I have defeated Zeromus thus far with using only 1 elixir, and with 4573 HP left to spare. Good luck!

Oh yeah, anyone else have an idea for a FF4 challenge?
Post #876
Posted: 10th August 2002 04:33

Crusader

Awards:
Beat the game in 10 hours. It's possible, there's even a walkthrough about it on GameFAQs.com. I won't even try that, but I will try the Zeromus with Cecil alone thing. I'll get him to lv. 99 first!

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #899
Posted: 10th August 2002 13:54

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I still think that it's impossible to at him without curing. Curing once, I believe because it's been done.

Here's why I think it's impossible:
The damage that Cecil does to Zeromus at Lvl. 99 and Crystal Ragnarok may be good. However, Zeromus has Big Bang, Bio, and Flare, which at Lvl 99 may not take away as much, but it still takes away a bit, I'd imagine. The simple fact is that I don't think that Cecil and his sword can take out Zeromus before Cecil is killed.

However, this is only what I believe. If anyone out there can do, I'll gladly take it back.

I have a challenge for anyone up to it. Defeat Asura without using Wall. It has been done because I've done it before. It just takes a little bit of work.

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #912
Posted: 10th August 2002 15:02

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Defeating Zeromous with Cecil alone would not be diffulcult by all means. It might spoil something, so there:

SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:

Equipment

Weapon : Ragnarok
Shield: Crystal
Armour: Adamant
Helmet: Glass
Accessory: Crystal Ring/Gauntlet (I can't remember which ':(' )

With the adamant armour, Big Bang takes little off of Cecil, even around level 60. So since you guys are getting to level 99, and if you ensure that you get the best possible levels each time you level up, it would be a sinch. That is, if my "calculations" are correct.
Post #918
Posted: 10th August 2002 21:54

Cactuar

Awards:
I beat Asura without wall a long time ago, it was definately harsh and it took many tries and a very...VERY long battle.  I wouldn't recommend doing it because I still get frustrated thinking about it.
Post #934
Posted: 10th August 2002 23:34

Black Waltz

Awards:
Well the equipments may change the difference, but wouldn't it be playing by "luck" if you only fight with Cecil? :nods:
and for Ashura, I accually got tired of casting...
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
wall over and over so I just fought her
:lol:

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #935
Posted: 11th August 2002 16:33

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Not much of a spoiler...seeing how it was mentioned 2 times already and that was a challenge to begin with.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #958
Posted: 20th December 2002 03:25

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
im sure you can get lucky every now and again and do it... it seems more of a test of luck than skill anyway. no real avoidng big bang, but i dont think he'll always get a chance to use flare. i bet it can be done, though i have not.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #6063
Posted: 27th December 2002 01:17

Black Waltz

Awards:
no way dude...I barely killed him with 5 people in my party and non stop bahamut.
(is that mathematically possible?)

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #6247
Posted: 9th January 2003 01:29
Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Sabin @ 10 Aug. 2002, 06:54)
I still think that it's impossible to at him without curing. Curing once, I believe because it's been done.

Here's why I think it's impossible:
The damage that Cecil does to Zeromus at Lvl. 99 and Crystal Ragnarok may be good. However, Zeromus has Big Bang, Bio, and Flare, which at Lvl 99 may not take away as much, but it still takes away a bit, I'd imagine. The simple fact is that I don't think that Cecil and his sword can take out Zeromus before Cecil is killed.

However, this is only what I believe. If anyone out there can do, I'll gladly take it back.

I have a challenge for anyone up to it. Defeat Asura without using Wall. It has been done because I've done it before. It just takes a little bit of work.

That is how i beat her forever.  Every single time ibeat her i didn't use wall.  I very rarely use spells like that anyway.  I have a problem with not using much supportive magic.  I go for pretty much Cures and Black Magic bustin it out, and white occasionally when i can get it in there...

--------------------
*!*CAUTION*!* *!*Suicide may be hazardous to your health*!*
Post #6781
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: