CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF6 HACK: NARUTO THE AFTER YEARS

Posted: 5th May 2011 12:52

Returner

The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was the epic and emotinal FF6 on the PS1. when complete I went on to animefreak and then, it hit me.
why dont I make a hack of FF6 and make it naruto style? already started and got quite far. Im editing text, sprites, names and magic attacks, but I cant edit the commands like "FIGHT", "MAGIC" or "ITEMS". also fixing some graphical bugs. please comment and maybe even help.

I could use help on what will hack the commands like "FIGHT", "MAGIC" or "ITEMS".

--------------------
My favourite series:
Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Poke'mon

currently playing:
Kingdom hearts 3D, New Super Mario Bros 2, FF13, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1.
Post #194677
Posted: 5th May 2011 21:31

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
facepalm

Moderator Edit
Hey, you may be right, but you're still being a big jerk to a new member. You could just keep your mouth shut and you'll be no worse off, in these situations. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 5th May 2011 21:44

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #194696
Posted: 9th June 2011 15:33

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, the data has to be there somewhere, and I'd guess it's specifically in the form of text data (rather than image data), so you just need to figure out where it is in the ROM.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #195333
Posted: 18th July 2011 09:59

Returner

I'm using FF3usME660 and have not found out how to change the commands in battle. I can change what the menu has and change the names of attacks & magic but cannot change the main commands: fight, magic, characters special move & items. changed more text and messages in battle as well as edited Kefkas enemy name in battle to display PAIN and Umaro to CHOGI.

--------------------
My favourite series:

currently playing:
Post #195969
Posted: 6th September 2011 11:09

Returner

WWWOOOO!!! cool.gif
Finally finished! readme done, bugs covered, includes a Q&A, ZSNES controls, all text that i wanted to change is changed, some magic names are edited, character sprites, names, equipment and foe sprites done, Espers learning rates and magic lists edited AND items renamed & optimized! Shops sell special items like the RAGNOROK sword and ECOMINIZERS at high prices.
my finest hack ever made and play-tested by myself.

still couldn't figure out how to edit battle menu "MAGIC" so just imagine it says "CHAKRA". major bug at the PHANTOM FOREST as when you enter a battle the emuator (ZSNES) freezes and crashes, so in readme I have included a cheat code to get past it. when you reach the train you can disable the cheat.
Other than that, everything else works!

Thnx for every ones help as I'm new-ish at hacks and if you give me your e-mail I can give you the hack AND the emulator ZSNES to play it with. disclaimers are included in readme.

Also included 10 screenshots to be sent along with hack. If you want any help post in this fourm and ENJOY! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My favourite series:

currently playing:
Post #197218
Posted: 29th November 2012 15:27

Returner

Sorry I haven't been posting for a good year, but 6 months ago I lost my hack due to my memory stick reformmating itself and I LOST EVERYTHING!
I didn't come back here until now because I didn't think I would make another FF6 hack.
But I PROVED MYSELF WRONG!
I will hack to completely redo this hack, so with some new ideas i have gathered over the year, I am already almost done with it! after that, I will go back to this one and restart it.
the good thing is that I can edit more things than i could before, because the tools have been improved!
After I'm done with my new hack, I'll remake this one.
the new hack is called ZELDA 2012, it's multi-cultural and it will have its own topic for discussion. I am also a better at editing now so expect some excellent work!

Its good to be back!
So Happy!

--------------------
My favourite series:

currently playing:
Post #201610
Posted: 20th February 2013 23:12
Returner

Whoa, are you the guy who talked to me about Kingdom Hearts and this in a shop in Bluewater? Because I remember a guy talking to me about how he was making a Naruto mod for FF6. And this is a Naruto mod for FF6.
Post #202501
Posted: 9th May 2013 19:59

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Quote (scatlink @ 5th May 2011 08:52)
The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was the epic and emotinal FF6 on the PS1. when complete I went on to animefreak and then, it hit me.
why dont I make a hack of FF6 and make it naruto style? already started and got quite far. Im editing text, sprites, names and magic attacks, but I cant edit the commands like "FIGHT", "MAGIC" or "ITEMS". also fixing some graphical bugs. please comment and maybe even help.

I could use help on what will hack the commands like "FIGHT", "MAGIC" or "ITEMS".

You can use a program called Thingy and a table file (which can most likely be found with a google search) to load the command names and change them in the ROM.
Post #203306
Posted: 10th May 2013 03:10

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
This'll be the best rom hack ever, BELIEVE IT!

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #203310
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: