CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
CoNCAA 2018: Stoke the Embers

Posted: 1st April 2018 08:09

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
My fight moneeeeyyyyy....
Post #214671
Posted: 1st April 2018 22:12

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Congrats Josh, what a great birthday present for you as you enter the back half of your century here on Earth!

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #214672
Posted: 2nd April 2018 03:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Honestly expected Nova to drop the ball last night and let me down; I only watched about half of that game as there was soccer on simultaneously that I wanted to see more, so by the time I tuned in I knew I had nothing to worry about. This is my first win in over ten years, and just my second overall, so I'm pretty happy about it!

What's wild is that if Villanova win again tomorrow, two players will leap up on the podium who currently sit in 10th and a tie for 11th, as every other person between me and those spots took someone who didn't make the final and in most cases didn't even make the Final Four. In fact, a Villanova win would give us a three-way tie for third place and tiebreakers would come into play, which is something that I can't remember seeing at CoN. Could be interesting! For my money, if it comes down to that tiebreaker, I'm liking Iain's chances, as I think Kappa chose too low of a score, and Harlequin was a total homer and took Nova to win 99-0. biggrin.gif

Also, kudos to everyone, because I think this might also be the first time we've ever had every single person who signed up also fill out a bracket. That's pretty cool.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214676
Posted: 3rd April 2018 14:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Looks like I called it - that score last night played into Iain's hands and he was able to nip his way to third place over Kappa and Harlequin on tiebreaker. That makes the podium:

1. ME AHAHAHAHAHA
2. Super Moogle
3. Iain Peregrine

Awards bestowed! Thanks again for everyone playing this year, hope to see some of you lurkers around more in the meantime before next year. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214684
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: