CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF7 remake

Posted: 17th January 2016 22:58

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (Pooka @ 17th January 2016 18:39)
Yes, you just read that; they sidestepped VIII in that department. Don't ask me how, or why. They just did. The game that I was most awaiting such a remake for the most (remake being a port to a new platform) was sidestepped. Let's pick up the pitchforks, shall we.

Well it's already on the PC so there wasn't really much use for them to do it again I guess.
Post #210315
Posted: 5th February 2016 19:26

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
They probably skipped 8 because a lot of people hate that game because how magic works. which is BS. Magic wasn't in good standing in that game but most of the recurring summons got their best summoning animation in that game (in my opinion). The story is also really good and has a lot of the same strengths as 7's story. I also really enjoyed the card game as a whole. It worked well and you got rewarded for finding rare cards if you card mod them. Still. 8 gets downed on by enough people that I'd be surprised to see it get rereleased. Maybe if 7's remake actually turns out well then they could try remaking 8? We'll have to see though.
On topic now, I just want the first part of the 7 remake to come out so I can know whether or not they are going to F this up.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210452
Posted: 18th July 2016 08:48

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (fatman @ 22nd June 2015 07:55)
I am excited, but at the same time a little worried they will change too much of what actually makes it FF7. They can pull it off with enough skill and vision, but we'll have to wait and see. I think we'll be waiting a while.

I remember when they did a remake of Tomb Raider on the PS2, it was a good game but it did lose a few of the things that made it so special in the first place. And of course now they have rebooted Tomb Raider altogether and it's an entirely different beast. The original is still my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvQEd-VvIfk

Ff7 rumination he mentions that the additives add a lot to the ff7 lore because of the bad writing and things being written in a literal sense.

There was a lot left out so i really hope for the sake of ff7 they try to add in more detail to the situation.If what he says is true, then shinra for an example isnt a complete monster.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211077
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: