CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Chrono Trigger - Reviving Chrono! help!

Posted: 2nd October 2006 00:16

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ok, just fixed my emulator for SNES and got Chrono Trigger, I got to the Masa and Mune Boss fight in about a day...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here... I'm in the 600 A.D. period, in Tata and the Frog part, and I have to get the Masamune sword. I finally got to the cave where it's held, and there's these two kids, who turn into these monsters. I can get through them pretty easily, but when they fuse into one monster, that's where I have trouble. I've tried leveling up, but get the same results. Toward the end of the fight, Masa&Mune attack Chrono tons of times, usually knocking him out, next it uses that Tornado Wind thing, and does about 70 - 90 DMG to Lucca and Marle, which usually get's rid of Lucca once he attacks her again. Then I try to heal Marle but he regular attacks her. I'm stuck at this point.

My tactic is usually setting Chrono to attack regularly, and Marle and Lucca to use the Antdot attack, which does roughly around 340 DMG. If anyone can help ^^???

EDIT: Ok, I was in the Black Omen, but got out because I had just realized that Chrono can be revived around this point of the game, and that there are a ton of extras. I really wanna experience a lot with this game, which includes getting all of the secret stuff. But first I think I wanna get Chrono, because trying to beat the TerraMutant in the Black Omen with Frog, Lucca and Magus just isn't gonna happen. PLEASE HELP!

This post has been edited by RoughknightVII on 6th October 2006 20:39

--------------------
We, who cannot see into tomorrow, have no way of knowing... But... But... If you don't find dreams yourself... if you don't capture your ambitions... happiness won't just come to you.
Post #131796
Posted: 2nd October 2006 02:43

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Keep your HP high. When Masamune starts to "store energy" (he looks like he's sucking air in when he's doing so), hit him with Crono's Slash tech. That should prevent him from doing the Tornado Wind thing.

Just try do inflict as much damage as you can while keeping your HP high. If you don't have the latest equipment, make sure you do so before fighting him. With a bit of luck, he should go down after a while.

--------------------
Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not...

- Shitan, Xenogears
Post #131797
Posted: 2nd October 2006 02:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I do recall playing through CT for the first time, that was a decently difficult fight...maybe the first of the game. Just wait till you get to Nizbel (?). I remember that fight being tough the first time around.

--------------------
" Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. " -- Shigeru Miyamoto
Post #131798
Posted: 2nd October 2006 10:12

Cactuar

Awards:
Thanks guys, but now I have another question... Where can I find Dreamstone? I talked to Melchior, and it looks fairly easy to find. I'm in 600 A.D. but there's no sign of it...

--------------------
We, who cannot see into tomorrow, have no way of knowing... But... But... If you don't find dreams yourself... if you don't capture your ambitions... happiness won't just come to you.
Post #131802
Posted: 2nd October 2006 12:29

Black Waltz

Awards:
The Dreamstone is in the Prehistoric past. When you go through the teleporter, a wild woman wearing skins should appear and attack some of the guys that try to fight you. If she doesn't, then you forgot to do something

--------------------
Post #131804
Posted: 3rd October 2006 15:10

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, Dreamstone is from 65000000 BC. If you're ever stuck, try asking the "Old Man" at the End of Time. Sometimes he alludes to where you'll have to go -- in this case, I think he actually just tells you.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #131864
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: