CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
SPC of the full version of Frog's Theme?

Posted: 17th February 2016 04:01

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
As some of you may know, the in-game version of Frog's theme only contains the melody part, and is missing the instrumental intro. The instrumental intro can be heard in the official OST, but an SPC for Frog's theme dumped from the game only includes that part of Frog's theme.

Some people have taken it upon themselves to make extended versions of Frog's theme, by looping it themselves and posting the result on Youtube, for example. But even Youtube videos have a time limit.

But does there exist an SPC of the extended (i.e. full) version of Frog's theme? It's almost certainly using the same instrument set, so it should be technically possible.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210530
Posted: 11th May 2016 23:31

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I actually didn't know this but it doesn't help that (While I do think he is a cool character) he wasn't my favorite character in the game.

Btw. How long would the entire song be? Youtube allows for some pretty long videos nowadays although the only videos i see that are past 30 minutes are people posting past live streams and full season compilations of team four star seasons.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210827
Posted: 28th June 2016 23:02

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
The full loop is 1.5 times as long as the in-game loop.

The in-game loop, which contains just the melody, is about 30 seconds long.

The intro portion, to be appended to the beginning of the in-game loop, is about 15 seconds long -- exactly half the musical length (in measures) of the in-game loop.

You can hear the intro portion in the CD soundtrack version of Frog's theme I think.

I believe this youtube video has it extended properly, but only for 15.5 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXzhZwfCZs

I'm looking for an SPC file that contains both the intro and the melody portions, because an SPC file is something that can truly be looped infinitely.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #210978
Posted: 21st September 2016 00:58

Black Mage

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
As you already mentioned extracting the SPC from the game data, I have that feeling what you're seeking doesn't exist, yet.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If you know or can contact someone with knowhow composing in SPC format and there's enough desire, it becomes possible to make your wish into reality..
Post #211506
Posted: 21st September 2016 19:15

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Actually, it might be easier to make a looping OGG file for this.

OGG files can have loop data, which can be played with a player such as XMPlayer. Loop data can be added to an OGG file using Audacity, and is something I've done (albeit just once).

(Looping OGGs are actually used by at least some RPG Maker versions, as well as Falcom's PC games.)

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211510
Posted: 22nd September 2016 00:50

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
There is someone on Youtube who has been doing SPC700 arrangements of various things, such as making a track from one game use the soundfont of another game or remaking unused tracks with the SPC700.

I don't think he ever remade Frog's full theme as an SPC700 arrangment, though. I'm not sure if he takes requests or not.
Post #211511
Posted: 12th December 2017 14:57

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Shadow Monroe @ 21st September 2016 19:50)
There is someone on Youtube who has been doing SPC700 arrangements of various things, such as making a track from one game use the soundfont of another game or remaking unused tracks with the SPC700.

I don't think he ever remade Frog's full theme as an SPC700 arrangment, though. I'm not sure if he takes requests or not.

Might as well revive this thread now!

Searching through his videos, it seems the answer's no. But I guess the possibility is there, now that you've highlighted it.

And this channel is a treasure-trove anyway! Thanks for linking me to it!

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 12th December 2017 14:57

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #214149
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: