CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
you cant revive Palam and Porom?

Posted: 18th July 2007 06:01

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ok so you cant revive them after they turn to stone, so why does the rare item menu pop up when you check them out. That always messed with my head

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153320
Posted: 18th July 2007 06:53

Crusader

Awards:
it was probably an extra side quest square axed a bit before launch. you cant revive them and you cant have them

unless you are playing FF IVA

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #153332
Posted: 18th July 2007 16:56

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (doomgazeblossom @ 18th July 2007 06:01)
That always messed with my head

Theres your answer. smile.gif Well im atleast guessing it's to throw people off.

--------------------
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.

Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

-Warcraft III Kel'thuzad comparing Arthas and Sylvanas Windrunner.
Post #153376
Posted: 19th July 2007 02:46

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
i want to get a GBA. can you actually revive them in that version. Sorry if this has been answered in CoN before. Im oldschool SNES and now I have FF Anthology,FF Chronicles and FF Origins. Also FFIII looks sick for DS

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153451
Posted: 19th July 2007 02:51

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well....
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
You can't choose when to revive them. They get revived automatically right before you raid the Giant of Babil and join the assault right as you enter it. However, in the SNES and PS1 versions they don't join you afterwards; they just sit there in the tower and pray for you as you fight Zeromus. However, in the GBA version, they become part of your team after that event (along with Cid, Edward, and Yang).

--------------------
Post #153452
Posted: 31st July 2007 22:35

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Yep,I guess in SNES they're quite lazy...
Post #154429
Posted: 31st July 2007 22:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Bacillodikoch @ 31st July 2007 18:35)
Yep,I guess in SNES they're quite lazy...

You're kidding, right? You think that's tantamount to laziness?

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #154431
Posted: 31st July 2007 22:59

Onion Knight

Awards:
Yep,I was just kidding...but what's a tantamount?
Post #154439
Posted: 31st July 2007 23:04

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (Bacillodikoch @ 31st July 2007 17:59)

Ooh, ooh, let me, let me!

A tantamount is a half-horse, half-lady from Greek mythology. Coming from the words tanta- ("tease") and -mount (... "mount"), the Tantamounts would ride by crowds of teenage boys, showing off their sexy flanks, but always galloping away before they could be caught and ah, ridden, so to speak.

The legendary hero Gullibus once caught a Tantamount, but she tricked him into letting him go by pointing in the distance and saying, "What's that, over there?"

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #154441
Posted: 31st July 2007 23:13

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (L. Cully @ 31st July 2007 23:04)
Quote (Bacillodikoch @ 31st July 2007 17:59)

Ooh, ooh, let me, let me!

A tantamount is a half-horse, half-lady from Greek mythology. Coming from the words tanta- ("tease") and -mount (... "mount"), the Tantamounts would ride by crowds of teenage boys, showing off their sexy flanks, but always galloping away before they could be caught and ah, ridden, so to speak.

The legendary hero Gullibus once caught a Tantamount, but she tricked him into letting him go by pointing in the distance and saying, "What's that, over there?"

I just regretted asking...
Post #154444
Posted: 13th August 2007 03:08

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
A topic I made

It's a topic I posted about a item named "Gorgon" I found. I have no clue if this has anything to do with this, but it might be the "Item" to revive them. I dunno.

This post has been edited by crashman_alpha on 13th August 2007 03:08

--------------------
PM me if you have any FF 4 SCC tips.

Finished SCCs: Edge
Post #155550
Posted: 13th August 2007 14:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (crashman_alpha @ 12th August 2007 23:08)
A topic I made

It's a topic I posted about a item named "Gorgon" I found. I have no clue if this has anything to do with this, but it might be the "Item" to revive them. I dunno.

It's not, though, sorry, because you've never been able to revive them in any version of the game. Only the Elder can as part of the plot.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #155564
Posted: 17th August 2007 15:48

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Whats a Gorgon?

Moderator Edit
Don't be an idiot, please. I know it's hard. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 17th August 2007 16:08
Post #155758
Posted: 17th August 2007 21:55

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (BanjoTheClown @ 17th August 2007 10:48)
Whats a Gorgon?

Moderator Edit
Don't be an idiot, please. I know it's hard. -R51

gorgons are another type of mythical creature. the one everyone seems to know is medusa

Moderator Edit
Don't be an idiot, please. Wait, that sounds familiar... Could it be because you QUOTED it in a post where you furthered the first idiocy with your own?
Edit
sorry, i was running on 6 1/2 mins of sleep. wasnt thinking clearly

This post has been edited by dont chocobos rule? on 19th August 2007 04:36

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #155779
Posted: 18th August 2007 15:29

SOLDIER

Awards:
Well, if you look at an item from a future release of another final fantasy, you can learn of an item know as super soft. This item is said to be used to cure any form of petrification not matter how bad it is. So i am guessing, since the game in question also has items that encompass some earlier games, i would imagen that was ment to be a quest item you would get in FFIV. But they figured that if you saved them you're selves the sacrifice they made wouldnt seem all that great, so instead they had the elder revive them, not only to make him look wiser and more powerful, but to make it seem like they still had a fighting spirit, and decided to help you. I don't honestly know if this is true or not, but it's the best guess i have.

--------------------
Don't fear the reaper!
Wonderful system this "Democracy" is no mechanism to break a tie -Dinobot-
It's spelled Raymond Luxray Yatch but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Sic Semper Tyrannis bush.
Post #155804
Posted: 18th August 2007 16:37

Cetra

Awards:
There are no traces of anything indicating that you should've been able to bring them back in the ROM - no dialog, no items, nor any additional events on the NPCs.

While FF9 does make heavy mention of prior FFs, it also has its own original plot and many, many things unique to it. The mere mention of an item that COULD have had a use in an older FF does not mean it comes from there. And seeing as there never was a "Super Soft" you could get in FFIV in the first place, the reference would've been lost on everyone. There wouldn't have been much point to it.

It's unlikely that the popup dialog is anything more than a red herring right from day one. But supposing that someone someday discovers how time travel works and goes back in time to join Squaresoft, work their way up to management, and decides to add something to the game that allows you to unstone them, then yeah, I'd say there's a pretty fair chance of this having a real purpose for the player.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #155811
Posted: 18th August 2007 16:44

SOLDIER

Awards:
I think you misunderstood what i ment, i ment it as it was originally suppost to be in the game but never made it in. So when it came along in nine people would assume it might of been something missing from one of the other games, since nine hits heavily on old items from the other games (the rat tail for example) that is merly what i ment. As far as the dialog pop up window thing is concerned, it's probably there to add humanity to the game, i mean if you're friends and compaions turn themselves to stone, wouldnt you want to try and turn them back if you thought there was a way. Even if it is futile i think it's there to show character depth and level, while still having it stay an important part of the plot. Just an idea though.

--------------------
Don't fear the reaper!
Wonderful system this "Democracy" is no mechanism to break a tie -Dinobot-
It's spelled Raymond Luxray Yatch but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Sic Semper Tyrannis bush.
Post #155812
Posted: 16th November 2007 01:33

Onion Knight

Awards:
umm...no theres no reviving of Palom and Porom in NES

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
But in FFIV advance you revive them when you take down the Giant of Babil and travel to the moon.

Moderator Edit
Why resurrect the thread to cover what's already been said several times? And you probably mean SNES. smile.gif -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 16th November 2007 02:35

--------------------
"Damnation" -Kain
"Damnation" -Edge
"You spoony bard!" -Tellah
"aftah wee blo dis plase up, it aint gonna be nuthin buta hunka junk" -Barret (i give you credit for restating the obvious)
"Looks like golden shiny wire of hope to me." -Barret
"Sit your ass down in that chair and drink some goddamn tea" -Cid
"SHEEEERA!" -Cid
Post #159681
Posted: 26th September 2011 02:59
Returner

Goodness gravy. I'm understanding what Lockes meant. Some of the references you would not have gotten back when IX was first released. For example the Key Items from the Auction House, most of them referenced the original III but unless you were a kid in Japan during it's first release or you were able to obtain a fan-translation you wouldn't understand those either. Supersoft could very well have been an item that was intended for the original release of IV but was cut for some reason or other, like certain scenes or concepts are cut from movies or television shows.
Post #197544
Posted: 23rd October 2011 13:13

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Lockes AlterEgo @ 18th August 2007 16:29)
super soft

I remember hearing about FFIX's Super Soft being in FFIV somewhere. Damn. I can't remember.
Post #197889
Posted: 25th July 2013 00:10

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
It is to make you even more sad. It worked with me, as I am a bit of a fangirl.
Post #203981
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: