CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
The Pink Tail

Posted: 10th January 2003 17:08

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Alright for those of you who have played through the game, there is a small sidequest where you're supposed to get a pink tail. You get this, I beleive, by fighting the pink puffs in one of the last dungeon. These enemies only show up randomly, IIRC, and randomly are supposed to drop the pink tail. I remember a friend and I, years ago, tried for weeks to get it and never did.

Has anyone ever seen the pink tail? Or obtained it even? I'd love to know if it's actually something you can do, or just a rumour.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #6827
Posted: 10th January 2003 17:27

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I actually did aquire it my last time playing through it on FFC, and the easiest way I got it (In my opinion) is to do the following:

Throughout the game (Only hardtype/FFC) you get items called Alert. SAVE THEM! When you get to the final dunegon, go down and save on Floor B7 or whatever it is and then work back up to the room with the chest. Stand on the farthest upper right spot and use the alerts to get a guarenteed fight with the 5 pink puffs. If you don't get the Tail after using the alerts, reset. I managed to have 4 Alerts (A few as battle prizes) and after a week I finally got the Pink Tail.

That's the best way IMO to get it
Post #6830
Posted: 12th January 2003 00:14
Returner

Awards:
If I remember correctly, there is a game genie code that allows you to get a lot of items after battles.  If anyone knows where to get the codes, you're sure to get the pink tail.  And what's more ,after you get the tail. you can take it to the town on the solitary island ( sorry the name evades me at the moment) and go to the cave with the ore in it. YOu'll get some kind of armor. (Adamant maybe?) anyway, best of luck with it

--------------------
"You see Timmy, you can't take every thing as a life and death situation, 'cause you'll die a lot of times" -Van Wilder
Post #6880
Posted: 12th January 2003 01:51

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Yeah, but the Gunslinger Code is a much more effective way of getting things you want. I had that mofo memorized back in the day.  :lol:  Anyways, after you get your Pink Tail, you take it to the Tail Collector on those islands for some Adamant. He'll also take your Rat Tail from the land of Summoned Monsters and give you Adamant to upgrade to the Excalibur.

Post #6888
Posted: 12th January 2003 06:00

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I fought Pink Puff just ONCE in my ten years owning the game. It was so special, I even had my VCR record the battle. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pink tail. The music was cool 'cause it was the chocobo song.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #6893
Posted: 16th January 2003 23:00
Returner

Awards:
if you need codes for this or any other great game, just go to gamefaqs.com they have codes and walkthroughs for every sistem. Tell them Bob sent you and they'll wonder what the hell your talking about. CALL NOW. ONLY 0.00 A MONTH!
Post #7098
Posted: 22nd January 2003 23:34

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
they only appear in the top right tile of a room with a chest before the floor with the save point in the last dungeon. sobering huh? just walk around on that tile and the one next to it. youll find a coupla pink puffs after about an hour and get a pink tail after a damn long time. i guess its worth it if you dont have a job and therefore have lots and lots of time on your hands to stay up at all hours of the night playing nintendo.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #7389
Posted: 23rd March 2003 05:43

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Sasquatch is right about the Alerts, but a more effective way is to steal them from mechanical eye-types (It's the best I could come up with, OKAY?!) that set off an alarm every time you attack it. You can have Edge continuously steal from them (but don't attack it) until you have several hundred. They are guarunteed to call the rarest monster in the room/area, I (99.99%) think. They are only in HT, and as far as I know, PSX-Version(s).

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #9924
Posted: 25th March 2003 19:57
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
For a challange keep fighting til u get the Pink Fluff's. Only have a 1:???? chance at getting 1.  :lol:

--------------------
Any and all who opose the Excalibur will be smited
Post #10166
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: