CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Ex- Death

Posted: 27th April 2010 10:48

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
The villain Ex- Death is a pretty interesting villain. He seems different from the long- haired and somewhat less attractive compared to villains like Sephiroth Yaag and Seymour.
So what do you think of his character and his villainous plans/ plots. ?

Do you think that he fails as a badguy ?
Does he send shivers down your spine ?
Or do you believe that he kinda stinks and Square could of done better ?

Opinion time ! flag-blue.gif

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #185256
Posted: 28th April 2010 21:52

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
He's one of my favorite villains. His motives are never really explained, all we know is that he likes "The Void" and wants to return everything to "The Void". That's a step back from Golbez, who didn't like "The Void" as much as Exdeath likes "The Void".

But Exdeath is a nice villain. He can control "The Void" to a certain extent, sending people and places to "The Void" where they stay for good. That's pretty scary... he does that with ease (being that sending you to "The Void"), from afar. He looks intimidating, too, despite his armor colors being yellow and light blue.

Pretty scary so far, huh? Well, despite being able to control "The Void", he loses to a turtle, a dying old man, his granddaughter, and four old geezers. Okay, lemme put this straight. This guy can control "The Void" and casts Meteor, Flare, and all that crap, and he's taken down with Fire? I can buy the "whatever you do, he goes down but doesn't stay down" crap, but those parts only happened because the plot required that. Exdeath's freaking strong, and if it wasn't for that, he'd be a pretty frightening villain. He's also got better one-liners than anyone else, including Kefka.

"Time for your viscera to see the light of day! By the way, Void! Void Void Void Void Void! Voideddy Void Void! Void, I say! Voideddy Void! Wonderful Void!"

He's the deadliest scariest tree ever, and I wuv him so. And just watch him go Neo. He scares the feces out of me.

This post has been edited by Toransu Kuja on 28th April 2010 21:53

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #185282
Posted: 6th May 2010 19:59

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
He's also one of my favorite villains, just because he's so pure evil and such a gigantic jackass that it's extremely satisfying to hate him.

That gratifying-ness is worth a lot in my book. Sure, you get a lot of conflicted anti-villains, and you also get a lot of "definitely evil" villains who are subtly played for laughs, but how often do you get a despicable s.o.b. who really makes it worth it to bring a good epic battle against him in classic story tradition?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #185431
Posted: 17th May 2010 23:55

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
The reason I like ExDeath is not just because of his evilness and coolness, but he's a tree for gods sake! That's just... Respect. The tree that controls the void.
Post #185699
Posted: 18th June 2010 15:33

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Gigantuar @ 17th May 2010 23:55)
The reason I like ExDeath is not just because of his evilness and coolness, but he's a tree for gods sake! That's just... Respect. The tree that controls the void.

The best definition of Exdeath I ever read was.

"Exdeath is a tree that controls the dreadful power of nothing"

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #186196
Posted: 20th July 2010 13:56

Returner

if only the game had wood axes as weapons.

Exdeath:
Breathe your last, Warriors of Da-
Faris:
chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop victory.
Post #186787
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: