CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
OMG!! chocobo needs a nerf

Posted: 13th September 2011 17:49

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JY1ZzMZrd4&feature=related

Just how much hp do chocobos have in ff7?

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #197368
Posted: 14th September 2011 03:02

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Chocobos don't have all that much HP really, they simply don't have a death animation as far as I know.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #197373
Posted: 14th September 2011 17:12

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
So basically a monster whose HP is never depleted.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197390
Posted: 15th September 2011 09:33

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
But that chocobo has about as much hp or more than a boss in ff7.

It did like:100k dmg in 1 round and it survived,and that is just amazing haha.

Darn i want a chocobo from ff7 for a pet,then even nobody would dare face me.Cept maybe sephiroth,but thats cause he can't die.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #197404
Posted: 15th September 2011 16:56

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 15th September 2011 10:33)
But that chocobo has about as much hp or more than a boss in ff7.

It did like:100k dmg in 1 round and it survived,and that is just amazing haha.

... I think you're missing the point.

The chocobo doesn't have anywhere near the HP necessary to survive the damage that KotR delivered - there just isn't any game script for a 'dead' chocobo.

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #197415
Posted: 15th September 2011 17:15

Crusader

Awards:
Safer sephiroth has 80k hp and a chocobo survives a 100k round,meaning that it is very very strong.

It didn't die so its still the strongest enemy in the game technically,cause you can't kill it and all it does is run away.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #197416
Posted: 15th September 2011 17:34

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
No, no monster actually "has" any HP.

The way normal monsters work is that if you deal enough damage to them to meet or exceed their basic HP level, they are programmed to "die" in classic disappearing fashion.

The chocobo apparently is not programmed to "die", but instead just stick around, then on its turn, attack everything that hit it and run. I believe this is what chocobos do no matter how much or little damage you do to them.

If you want to know how much HP they technically "have" (as in "is assigned to them), you can look at the various types of chocobo creatures in our FFVII bestiary here: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/enemies.p...Lim=25;UpLim=25. However, these numbers obviously don't mean anything because of their special scripting (nor do things like AP, Gil, and Exp).

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 15th September 2011 17:38

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197417
Posted: 15th September 2011 18:59

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 15th September 2011 17:34)
No, no monster actually "has" any HP.

The way normal monsters work is that if you deal enough damage to them to meet or exceed their basic HP level, they are programmed to "die" in classic disappearing fashion.

That is not technically true with all monsters,because you deal damage.

Even like:action games have a damage meter that may be invisible and when you do enough damage with that weapon,it dies.

Sephiroth for an example when you face him with cloud which signifies that cloud has broken free of sephiroth's grasp of his strong will,he is attacking and i think that scene is based on a certain amount of hits.

In rpgs,there are elements of having to hit an enemy a certain set of times or programmed in certain ways,but other times,you do a set amount of damage and the cumulative damage has to reach a certain total like:1 million hp for an example in damage,or 80.000 dmg which if you do 9999,would be 10 hits.

The only thing is:I don't know how the entire process for calculating the total damage in ff7,i know some processes but not all.

I think its very similar or exact to ff6 process and ff4 isn't it?

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 15th September 2011 19:01

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #197418
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: