CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
This game is thirty years old today.

Posted: 18th December 2017 19:54

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Released in Japan on December 18, 1987. That seems almost entirely unbelievable to me. Did you play it thirty years ago?

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214239
Posted: 18th December 2017 20:32

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
30 years, dang. That would have put me at 2 years old, but I watched my dad at probably 4-5 and one of my earliest memories is of him crawling his way through the Sky Castle to get to Tiamat. I don't think I played it until I was 6 or 7, and remember spending what seemed like an eternity buying potions one at a time and my Black Belt just doing horrible damage as the game went on.

Happy Birthday FF1!
Post #214240
Posted: 19th December 2017 04:59

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Happy B-Day FFI! Three days and two years and we would have the same birthday. I will leave it to posterity to see which of us has had the bigger impact on humanity!

Not to sell myself short, but Final Fantasy has had an influence on video games that is only paralleled by Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. The Final Fantasy influence is arguably greater, because the series helped usher in RPGs into mainstream gaming, and the series also propelled video games into the digital era with the PSOne. That's not bad for a company that almost went bankrupt and relied on this game as a hail mary to rescue them.

Thirty years older, the Warriors of Light are still adventuring!

This post has been edited by BlitzSage on 19th December 2017 05:24

--------------------
Post #214250
Posted: 1st January 2018 04:32

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
Not at all. I was 3 years old at that point. I think I got my NES (and first console ever) at age 5 and sadly knew nothing about the RPG genre until I was 10 or 11. That's when I was exposed to SoM and Final Fantasy II and III. Thems was good times.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #214346
Posted: 6th February 2018 00:37

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I played it shortly after the US launch in 90, or 91 at the latest... it was a long time ago.

Been into the series ever since.
Post #214497
Posted: 23rd March 2018 17:41

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
My earliest memory of this game was seeing the cartridge at my cousins house. Apparently my older brother gave it to them to play for awhile. I remember being really in love with the art on the regular nintendo cartridge. If I only knew my passion for the series would grow to what it is, i would have stolen it right back from my greedy dumb cousins.
Post #214643
Posted: 27th March 2018 19:44

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Wow! Time flies. I remember renting it from the video store but not getting very far (not much farther than Garland). I wasn't sure what to do next. I didn't really progress till I read the FFI guide from Nintendo Power.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #214654
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: