CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Time to vote, my fellow Americans!

Posted: 7th November 2016 23:56

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
If you haven't voted early, or if your state doesn't offer early voting, today (November 8, 2016) is Election Day in the United States.

For election-day voting, you will need to vote at your polling place. Find out its location and hours here: http://www.vote411.org/

(If your state does mail-in ballots you should try to drop them in ballot boxes rather than mailing them. Check the deadlines to be sure.)

You can also see what races will be on the ballot and see the candidates' profiles on that site, as well as on https://ballotpedia.org/ .

If you are still undecided on who to vote for for the presidency, here are a couple entertaining videos from John Oliver on the subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lfd1aB9YI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3O01EfM5fU

Of course, there are many other races other than the presidency to vote on. My ballot had US Senate, US House, state senate, state house, county officials, state constitutional amendments, local initiatives, and statewide and district judges. Don't forget to place your vote in them; Ballotpedia and Vote411 can help you get information on them.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 8th November 2016 05:51

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #211622
Posted: 9th November 2016 05:06

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Well this is looking pretty bad, right?
Post #211626
Posted: 9th November 2016 14:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I voted early knowing I would be traveling during election day. I knew my vote wouldn't go all that far in my state, but I sure didn't know it wasn't going to go all that far for the nation. I hope that "fellow Americans" is still a phrase that we can use in four years' time, but I have legitimate doubts today.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211628
Posted: 9th November 2016 17:54
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
user posted image

--------------------
Post #211629
Posted: 10th November 2016 15:21

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 9th November 2016 09:28)

I hope that "fellow Americans" is still a phrase that we can use in four years' time, but I have legitimate doubts today.

Considering an all too significant portion of one side has been labeling everyone else who didn't vote their way everything from ignorant to fascist nazis, cuz #AmeriKKKa, I have my doubts, too.

--------------------
Post #211634
Posted: 10th November 2016 17:15

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
At least we could rely on you guys to outdo us on Brexit. :/
Post #211636
Posted: 11th November 2016 15:22

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Galsic @ 10th November 2016 09:21)
Considering an all too significant portion of one side has been labeling everyone else who didn't vote their way everything from ignorant to fascist nazis, cuz #AmeriKKKa, I have my doubts, too.

There are significant portions of both sides that need to calm down on the name calling. Nobody is fully innocent here. I want to believe that people I know who voted for Trump have good intentions at heart, but for that to be true I feel that they do need to actively disavow the policy ideas and rhetoric that the actual KKK are supporting with this new President-elect right now. It shouldn't just be the President-elect himself.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #211637
Posted: 18th November 2016 07:11

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I think the best approach at this point is: if he does the right things, help him; if he does the wrong things, oppose him.

That said, from a broader perspective I think that this anti-establishment sentiment has been building for years now and is sort of the result of long-standing problem of political disengagement. We the people sorta turned over the business of governing to a "political class" or "political elite" or "politicians" or whatever you wanna call them, and then we trusted them to do a good job, and then we started taking their work for granted and now we just complain bitterly when things don't go right -- even when it's not even their fault.

While our leaders should conduct their business with more transparency, those of us outside the policymaking/governing sector should also gain a better understanding of how our society and institutions are managed, so that we don't ask our public servants to be some combination of minor deity and perfect servant. Increasing understanding would lead to more informed opinions -- so that people don't just feel that "everyone is sooo corrupt and nothing's ever gonna change sad.gif", and would likely also lead to more participation in the form of voter turnout and otherwise.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211657
Posted: 18th November 2016 16:11

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Your posting here again reminded me, GMH: you will be pleased to know given your interest in downballot races that I have set up a Facebook event for my friends to go vote in the Louisiana Senate runoff on December 10. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #211660
Posted: 18th November 2016 19:40

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 18th November 2016 11:11)
Your posting here again reminded me, GMH: you will be pleased to know given your interest in downballot races that I have set up a Facebook event for my friends to go vote in the Louisiana Senate runoff on December 10. smile.gif

That's great!

And there are also a couple Congressional runoffs -- in the 3rd and 4th districts, respectively. The 4th district has a race between a Dem and a Repub, but the 3rd has a race between two Repubs.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211663
Posted: 18th November 2016 20:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 18th November 2016 13:40)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 18th November 2016 11:11)

That's great!

And there are also a couple Congressional runoffs -- in the 3rd and 4th districts, respectively. The 4th district has a race between a Dem and a Repub, but the 3rd has a race between two Repubs.

I'm in neither of those districts. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #211664
Posted: 28th November 2016 03:44

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I'm glad that things are starting to calm down with the political stances. Parts of the country get ridiculously violent over the turn out.
How are things in your areas?
Mine was pretty mellow and nothing happened involving political opinion.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #211681
Posted: 4th December 2016 15:25

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
The community I live in prohibits political lawn signs.

Some people may like this but I think it's a mixed blessing. Maybe that's just the elections geek in me talking.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211708
Posted: 12th December 2016 17:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
It seems like my small subdivision also prohibits such signs - I didn't even really notice until someone told me. Fine by me!

Also, my parish went 80/20 to the Republican in Saturday's vote. My precinct went the same. All the people I rounded up to vote combined made up about 13% of the democratic candidate's votes for my precinct.

--------------------

Post #211736
Posted: 13th December 2016 06:52

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Was worth a shot.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211739
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: