CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Do you have a playlist?

Posted: 24th August 2017 02:41

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I have one on spotify, of songs that were big on the radio when I was a teenager picking up guitar for the first time, and other songs I happen to like, but nothing older than 1975 or so. I've got too into hippie music over the years, and 50's rock is kind of grandfatherly at this point.

There are 92 Songs on my playlist, totalling 6.5 hours of music.

Right now it's Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Next up is...

Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty
Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
Sunny Came Home - Shawn Colvin
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
Beautiful Day - U2

Stuff like that. So how bout yourselves?

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 24th August 2017 02:42

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213296
Posted: 24th August 2017 04:03

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I'm boring in that I pretty much only listen to Final Fantasy music these days. Mostly I listen to the OSTs but I do have two playlists.

The first I call my "calming playlist". It came about during a high stress time at work. I was listening to the FFVIII OST and Breezy came on, and I could feel myself relaxing. So I built this playlist. Some of the tracks might seem odd choices but they work for me:

1. "Breezy", Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack Disc 1, Nobuo Uematsu
2. "Find Your Way", Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack Disc 1, Nobuo Uematsu
3. "Compression of Time", Final Fantasy, Vol. 8 Disc 4, Nobuo Uematsu
4. "Hollow Bastion", Kingdom Hearts Disc 2, Yoko Shimomura
5. "Run!!", Final Fantasy X [2002], Nobuo Uematsu
6. "Matoya's Cave",Black Mages, Vol. 2- The Skies Above, Black Mages
7. "Brothers [vocal version]", Full Metal Alchemist OST, Michiru Ōshima
8. "Eyes on Me", Final Fantasy, Vol. 8 Disc 3, Nobuo Uematsu

I also made a CD of Final Fantasy songs with lyrics in them:

1. The Prelude. I don't know the lyrics to this one, but I wanted something to represent FF1 & 2, and this fits! Plus, it's pretty.
2. The Breeze, from Final Fantasy III.
3. Tsuki no Akari, from Final Fantasy IV DS.
4. Home, Sweet Home from Final Fantasy V
5. Maria & Draco from Final Fantasy VI. I would love to know who decided there should be an opera in the middle of the game. It works pretty darn well with the plot, plus it's so epic, even in its digitized voices. This version is from the Distant Worlds CD.
6. Why, from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I could have chosen One-Winged Angel instead, but (a) I'm rather sick of that song, and (cool.gif "Why" fits in better with the rest of the tracks.
7. Eyes on Me, from Final Fantasy VIII. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this one, too, but it's still a lovely song, and deserved a place on the list.
8. Melodies of Life, from Final Fantasy IX. It was a no-brainer to choose the English version of the song, because I love it.
9. Suteki da Ne, from Final Fantasy X. I was torn between the English and Japanese versions. If I had room on the disc, I'd have both. But I only had room for one. Although I don't like some of the phrasing on the English version, I eventually went with it because I know the lyrics better than the Japanese version.
10. Memoria de la Stono/Distant Worlds from Final Fantasy XI
11. Kiss Me Goodbye, from Final Fantasy XII. I love this song. I hadn't heard it in a while, and got chills when listening to it. I don't know why; it's certainly not profound or anything. It's a simple song. But it's SO GOOD.
12. Kimi ga Irukara, from Final Fantasy XIII. I don't like "My Hands" (the ending song in the English game) very much, so I went with the ending song from the Japanese game instead.
13. Answers, from Final Fantasy XIV. It's such a powerful song.

This post has been edited by AltheaValara on 24th August 2017 04:06

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #213297
Posted: 24th August 2017 15:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I'm way too lazy to actually create my own playlists on Spotify, for the most part. I have one for the Distant Worlds albums that are up on there, that I did create, but that's only a couple albums. I use the Spotify-created ones from time to time, particularly the "Discover Weekly" and "Women of Indie" ones, but typically when I feel like listening to music I already know exactly what I want to listen to or try out, so I go straight for that.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213299
Posted: 27th August 2017 05:32

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I think I just set foobar2000 to detect all MP3, OGG, M4A, and WAV files in my Music folder.

I generally don't actually use the playlist, though. Usually I have some music in my head that I want to listen to, then I turn that on.

When I just want some music, I can choose a certain genre by finding an internet radio for it, or just go for general and use this.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 27th August 2017 05:33

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213310
Posted: 1st September 2017 02:43

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I've got a playlist of contemporary folk and acoustic sets, but it has like 200 songs on it, so I'm not going to reproduce it here.

Still, here's a bunch of great songs (if you're into that sort of music, of course):

Lisa Hannigan, “Passenger”
Peggy Sue, “How Heavy the Quiet”
Bon Iver, “Skinny Love”
Gregory Alan Isakov, “Time Will Tell”
Damien Jurado, "Denton, TX"
Sayde Price, "Grayson, Grayson"
Regina Spektor, “Summer in the City”
Water Liars, “Let It Breathe”
Friends of Stella, “I Will Know I Am Feeling”
Emily Brown, “Summer Song”
Johnny Flynn feat Lillie Flynn, “Amazon Love”
Laura Marling, “Alas I Cannot Swim”
Ingrid Michaelson, “You and I”
Avett Brothers, "Find My Love"
Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam, “The Bride’s Dad”
Grace Read, “Girl from the North Country”
alt-J, “Warm Foothills”
Keston Cobblers' Club, “For, Words”
Sigur Rós, “Starálfur”
Heather Maloney, “Night Stand Drawer”
Port O'Brien, "The Whiskey Song"
First Aid Kit, “Our Own Pretty Ways”
The Bones of J.R. Jones, “The Dark”
Timber Timbre & Feist, "Homage"
The Oh Hellos, "In Memoriam"
Jaymay, “Is This Love?”
Printer Clips, “Apparatchik”
Joe Purdy, “Paris in the Morning”
Thomas Denver Jonsson (w/ Rosie Thomas & Damien Jurado), First in Line
Odessa Rose, “Hummed Low”
The Weepies, “Nobody Knows Me At All”
Robbie Basho, “Orphan’s Lament”
Dry the River, “Bible Belt”
Feist, “Brandy Alexander”
Beirut, “Nantes”
Carla Morrison, “Compartir”
Josh Ritter, “Temptation of Adam”
My Brightest Diamond, “I Have Never Loved Someone”
Bombay Bicycle Club, “Swansea”
Sharon Van Etten, “One Day”
Perfume Genius, “Sister Song”
Rilo Kiley, “A Better Son/Daughter”
Native Korean Rock, “OOO”
낭만이다, “넌 내게 가을”
Post #213343
Posted: 9th September 2017 19:20

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I shared my DW playlist publicly on Spotify, as I've been listening to it since I posted in this thread the other day (and the other one I mentioned it in). So, here's a one-click way for Spotify users to get all four studio albums: https://open.spotify.com/user/1259868866/pl...ICQWhRVnW3SNRXk

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 9th September 2017 19:21

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213398
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: