CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Dissidia

Posted: 11th December 2008 01:58

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Asylum Outpatient @ 10th December 2008 22:46)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7K0RPG5xU...5162&feature=iv

More trailer goodness with X-Death, Chaos, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Cecil, Golbez, Cosmos and...Chupon. blink.gif

We all know how misleading game and movie trailers can be, but try to contain the fanboy/girl inside you after watching this. My personal squee level has reached record highs.

okay, im excited.

im not sure about the way they will portray Kefka, but i do like Chaos being the main villain.

--------------------
Post #173784
Posted: 11th December 2008 19:31

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
FF4, Cecil:

user posted image

Can transform between both Dark Knight and Paladin at will
His Ex-Mode involves equiping the Lightbringer or Deathbringer
His ex-burst, Double Phase, seems to combine his two forms - as a Dark Knight, Cecil conjures a barrage of dark energy orbs to strike opponents, then changes into a Paladin to strike the enemy with his sword while they are reeling

FF4, Golbez:

user posted image

Golbez's spells attack in sets of two, when he uses a close range spell a long range version activates as well, depending what range hits the combos are differant
His EX Mode allows him to conjure and fuse with the Shadow Dragon
EX Burst, "Double Moons", the player must input commands for both to perform. Golbez unleashes a double Meteo attack like in FFIV during Double Moons.

FF5, Bartz:

user posted image

Bartz is adorable!.... I mean.... Bartz is a mime, he uses allies weapons and abilities, he's been seen double wielding the Buster Sword and Gunblade for example
In his EX Mode, three yellow stars, a sign of Job Mastery in Final Fantasy V, appear above his head, and he also gains the red cape from the Mime job class in said game
In his EX Burst, "Rapid Fire Dual-Wield Spell Blades", he does 8 attacks with 8 differant weapons, he combines all nine weapons of his allies into one for a powerful attack.

FFV, Ex-Death:

user posted image

Ex-Death is basically a tank type character, designed to counter attack
His EX Mode is based on his tree form
His EX Burst is "Dischord of the Galactical Laws!", where as Exdeath imprisons his opponent in a gravity field like barrier, shrinks them, and crushes them in his hands

FFVI, Terra:

user posted image

Terra is a "magic master" and uses magic in her fighting. She has been seen using an unspecified fire-type attack and a lightning-type attack, as well as a spell that appears to be Tornado
Her EX Mode is to transform into her Esper
She uses her Riot Blade Desperation Attack as her EX Burst, flinging out crescent-shaped waves of energy.
She has green hair and no tights as an alternate costume

FFVI, Kefka:

user posted image

Kefka's fighting style is that of a "trick star" (a pun on "trickster"), and attacks using magic, including a variation of Ultima called "Missing Zero"
His spells reply on misdirection and other underhanded tricks.
His Ex-Mode involves him transforming into his god form, all six wings included
The name of his EX Burst "Warring Triad" requires the memorization and input of button commands and is named after the Warring Triad Kefka usurped as a god. Though the name of the attack is different, Kefka's EX Burst is based on his ultimate attack as the God of Magic, "Forsaken"
Post #173808
Posted: 11th December 2008 19:32

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:

FFVII, Cloud:

user posted image

Cloud's fighting style is described as "Smash and Blow", slashing his enemies with one powerful blow at a time and thus can easily perform Brave Breaks
His EX Mode is to transform the Buster Sword into the Ultima Weapon
His EX Burst is Omnislash, where the player rapidly taps to power up the attack
He also has an alternate costume based off of his Advent Children appearance, including the sword, he uses the base sword of the First Tsurugi as his weapon, and in ex-mode the blade becomes the complete First Tsurugi

FF7, Sephiroth:

user posted image

Described as a "blade master", he constantly barrages his enemies with his swift long sword swings and combos. One of his attacks, "Prison Gate", is an aerial downward stab similar in appearance to the attack he used to kill Aerith. Another shows off a dashing slash attack that deals consecutive hits upon passing the opponent, an attack only seen in Kingdom Hearts II and another where he summons orbs of darkness, also seen in the Kingdom Hearts series
His EX Mode is "Reunion", where he gets a single black wing on the right side of his back
His EX Burst is Super Nova, interestingly the western version, where the player repeatedly taps the circle button for Sephiroth to make the attack stronger, however the attack nolonger has planets being destroyed, only floating rocks

FF8, Squall:

user posted image

In battle, Squall is described as a "combo master", and if his first attack hits he can swiftly eneter a long chain of combos afterwards
His EX Mode is to transform his gunblade into the Lionheart.
His EX Burst, End of Heart (Lionheart's japanese name), is the Renzokuken with the finishing blow of Lion Heart.

FF8, Ultimecia:

user posted image

Ultimecia has been described as a "magic shooter" character. In battle, Ultimecia uses her magic to attack rapidly from long range and execute multi-hit combos.
Her EX Mode is a variation of her hybrid form with Griever (I've got mah Griever hat on =D)
EX Burst, End of Memories, works with the same mechanics as Squall's Renzokuken, requiring the player to press a button in time with icons on a power meter to land hits.

FF9, Zidane:

user posted image

Described as an Air Master, Zidane uses low-to-mid powered aerial attacks and can apparently throw his Mage Mashers enchanted with magical energy, allowing ranged attacks, he can also use Dyne abilities untranced
His EX Mode is his Trance form, to which he can jump up to 10 times without landing
his EX Burst is Reverse Gaia, a variant of his ultimate Dyne ability, Grand Lethal. The name "Reverse Gaia" references his heritage as a Terran Angel of Death
He, like Firion, can change his weapon, from Mage Mashers to The Ogre

FF9, Kuja:

user posted image

In battle, Kuja combines speed and magic together and is constantly casting spells, including his notorious Ultima spell as well as Flare Star, his other trademark spell
He, like Zidane, seems at ease in the air
His EX Mode is his Neo Trance Form, and also cloaks him in flames to allow him to damage opponen just by jumping
EX Burst is Last Requiem, and seems to incorporate both Ultima and Holy

FF10, Tidus:

user posted image

Having a fighting style as "Dodge and Attack", Tidus is very agile and performs a variety of aerial combos and attacks, leveling up faster than any other character and is best as evading opponents. He can also throw a Blitzball.
He's also been made younger than his original game.
His EX Mode grants Tidus the Hastega spell and exchanges his Brotherhood for the Caladbolg, both of which increases his movement speed as well as HP and attack power, respectively
His EX Burst, Blitz Ace, is to slash his opponents rapidly before kicking a Blitzball at them, the damage done increasing as the player stops a moving cursor closer to the center of a power meter, identical to it's FF10 appearance

FF10, Jecht:

user posted image

In battle, Jecht is described as "the ultimate in-fighter" and attacks with slow, powerful combos with his sword. He seems to possesses no ranged attacks, however, apparantly correct timing can remove lag between his sword attacks
His EX Mode is his Final Aeon form
For his EX Burst, King of the Blitz, he flings his enemies with a kick, slashes them with his sword then kicks a boulder at them. The attack has the same timer Tidus has, and the O button has to be pressed when the cursor reaches the center. If succeeded the first time, the second bar appears to power the attack up further via JEEEECHTOOO-FIIIIIIIINGAAAAA! (No... Seriously! He does!)

FF11, Shantotto:

user posted image

She fights by using magic, and her fighting style is called "Leveled-Up Magic"; the more Brave Points she has, the stronger her spells become. To be more precise, when gaining more brave points, her spells evolve. Example: Fire will evolve to Fira, then to Firaga over time. It's said that when she’s gained enough BP, she will even begin to cast "Ancient Magic", which are the strongest spells in Final Fantasy XI. Since she has a physical weapon, a staff, she may have some melee attacks.
Her EX Mode is "Black Mage Relic Armor", a very rare and powerful set of armor from Final Fantasy XI
Her EX Burst is called Magic Burst (a spell cast at the end of a Skillchain, in FFXI) and some screenshots show her performing her iconic laugh after it's performed

Stages:

Chaos Shrine - FF1 - The location of the summoning ritual for the Dark God Chaos far in the past
Pandaemonium - FF2 - The castle of Hell, literally
World of Darkness - FF3 - The world you enter to free the Dark Warriors and defeat Cloud of Darkness
Red Moon Surface - FF4 - Home of the Lunarians and were Zemus is sealed
Dimension Castle - FF5 - Containing the entrance to the void itself, Ex-Death's last defence
Magitek Research Facility - FF6 - The lab in Vector Kefka gained his powers and Terra's father was imprisoned
Planet's Core - FF7 - Deep inside northern crater where Sephiroth attempted to steal the Lifestream
Ultimecia Castle - FF8 - In the Clock Tower not far from Ultimecia's personal chamber far in the future
Crystal World - FF9 - Through a world of memories, where the crystal of life is sealed
Dream's End - FF10 - Deep in Sin, a world Jecht created to remember the days before he became his fiendish self
Ice Wasteland - Dissidia original - Nothing much is known about this place

Sorry to double post, image count wore out on me
Post #173809
Posted: 13th December 2008 00:32

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Asylum Outpatient @ 10th December 2008 22:46)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7K0RPG5xU...5162&feature=iv

More trailer goodness with X-Death, Chaos, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Cecil, Golbez, Cosmos and...Chupon. blink.gif

Chupon rocked just by showing up. I was pretty shocked to see him there, but then there was nothing to do but laugh. All in all, that trailer was pretty cool.

The only thing that really bothered me was the statement about an epic battle that only a few people survived. Am I supposed to believe that its only a coincidence that only two fighters from every universe survived? Especially when people like Celes, Kain, Seifer, and Cyan would never go down without a tough battle.

A situation like the one stated in the trailer would give a lot of plot holes. Aren't the survivors bound to mourn those lost? Or is this just a translation error?

(At least the stages seem like good choices.)

--------------------
Post #173846
Posted: 13th December 2008 02:18

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Harlequin @ 13th December 2008 00:32)
The only thing that really bothered me was the statement about an epic battle that only a few people survived. Am I supposed to believe that its only a coincidence that only two fighters from every universe survived? Especially when people like Celes, Kain, Seifer, and Cyan would never go down without a tough battle.

A situation like the one stated in the trailer would give a lot of plot holes. Aren't the survivors bound to mourn those lost? Or is this just a translation error?

(At least the stages seem like good choices.)

That depends on whether Dissidia will be canon or not. Because if it is, they must come up with reasons why and how each of the villains survived (they would also have to explain to me why Kefka is not a demi-god, and has been reduced to the role of Chaos's minion).

Perhaps they will do some kind of portal thing, where the people have been transported to it. IDK....

--------------------
Post #173852
Posted: 13th December 2008 21:10

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
It's confirmed that Dissidia has it's own seperate canon, thats as far as we know

Also!

Videos:

Battle videos:

Onion Knight vs Cloud of Darkness (A must watch)
Tidus vs Jecht
Garland vs Warrior of Light
Cloud vs Sephiroth
Jecht vs Tidus (A must watch)

System videos:

Map System
Dynamic Replay System (Cloud vs Sephiroth) (A must watch)

Latest trailer:
Tokyo Game Show Trailer
Post #173861
Posted: 14th December 2008 00:36

Crusader

Awards:
has it been released when/if its coming to north america?

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #173864
Posted: 14th December 2008 04:23

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin Danny @ 13th December 2008 21:10)
System videos:

Dynamic Replay System (Cloud vs Sephiroth) (A must watch)

That's really cool. This game is looking better and better.

--------------------
Post #173870
Posted: 15th December 2008 18:43

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
No UK or US release date yet.... But we do have a new trailer...
And a new character!

user posted image

Gabranth from FF12, I'll post the video link when it's on youtube
You'll love it -_^
Post #173884
Posted: 15th December 2008 19:09

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin Danny @ 15th December 2008 18:43)
No UK or US release date yet.... But we do have a new trailer...
And a new character!

Gabranth from FF12, I'll post the video link when it's on youtube
You'll love it -_^

Nice. The question, however, would be if Gabranth is the hero or the villain. I see he's talking with Cosmos, so perhaps Vayne is the villain?

FF12 is one of the most under-rated games in the series - right on up there with 9 and 5 - I'm glad they're including at least someone from that game. We just need Ramza and Weigraf to finish the picture.

--------------------
You don't scare me, you talking blobs of oozing slop! I am impervious to pain!
Post #173885
Posted: 15th December 2008 20:02

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Sorry buddy, Gabranth is the LAST character, it was confirmed to be 22

EDIT: TRAAAAAILER!
http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/30376.html

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 15th December 2008 20:18
Post #173887
Posted: 16th December 2008 03:12

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin Danny @ 15th December 2008 15:02)
Sorry buddy, Gabranth is the LAST character, it was confirmed to be 22

EDIT: TRAAAAAILER!
http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/30376.html

that gave me shivers, I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD!

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #173901
Posted: 16th December 2008 09:27

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Also!

If you do Cecil's exburst command he finishes it off as a Paladin! Fail and he uses Darkness as a Dark Knight

Succeed as Exdeath you get Neo Almagest, fail and you get Grandcross

For Kefka if you succeed you do Light of Frikkin Judgement! YEAH!
Fail and you STILL get the awesome EPICNESS that is Forsaken! =D

EDIT: More Gabranth!

user posted image

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 16th December 2008 09:44
Post #173912
Posted: 17th December 2008 04:10

Behemoth

Awards:
Release Date?

--------------------
Post #173924
Posted: 17th December 2008 19:40

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Post #173945
Posted: 17th December 2008 20:55

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Sorry to make a double post but I thought it would be neater to seperate this:

Alternate costumes

Bartz, zebra styled, link for size
http://www.dissidia-france.com/img/temp/bartz_another.jpg

Tidus (Yes.... he goes LIGHTER <_>, original 10 appearance):
user posted image

Garland (Recoloured red):

user posted image

Cecil (Original Amano colours, browns):

user posted image
user posted image

Zidane (Original Amano design, exact, and epic trance):

user posted image
user posted image

Warrior of Light (Fighter colours):

user posted image
Post #173946
Posted: 18th December 2008 03:07

Behemoth

Awards:
Wow, I didn't know. My birthday's on the 21st, there may still be time to get it.

--------------------
Post #173955
Posted: 18th December 2008 09:11

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Only in Japan at the moment though

Exdeath vs Bartz
And dear god, Exdeath really IS slow

Kefka vs Kefka

AT LAST!

>>
<<

*Poit poit poit* *BOING*

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 18th December 2008 09:38
Post #173960
Posted: 18th December 2008 17:37

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Breaking news: the United States gets this game "mid-year 2009"

http://kotaku.com/5113108/final-fantasy-di...ide-this-summer

--------------------
Post #173962
Posted: 18th December 2008 18:05

Black Mage

Awards:
That 'eh-heh' noise Kefka makes is really annoying. I hope they change that for the English releases.

--------------------
You don't scare me, you talking blobs of oozing slop! I am impervious to pain!
Post #173965
Posted: 18th December 2008 20:31

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
The one we've all been waiting for! KEFKA VS SEPHIROTH!

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 18th December 2008 20:31
Post #173967
Posted: 18th December 2008 21:39

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I must say, that vid was somewhat disappointing. Disregarding the fact that he's Sephiroth, Sephiroth seemed impotent. For that matter, so have most of the opponents in the videos. I really hope that they were just super easy AI used for the purposes of demonstration, otherwise I'll be really disappointed, come the time of release.

Similarly, the "run and snipe" style of gameplay exhibited in the Kefka vs Sephiroth battle doesn't really interest me. The battle seemed to grind on for an awfully long time, considering how little was actually occurring in it.
Post #173974
Posted: 18th December 2008 23:11

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Quote (Suunok @ 18th December 2008 21:39)
I must say, that vid was somewhat disappointing. Disregarding the fact that he's Sephiroth, Sephiroth seemed impotent. For that matter, so have most of the opponents in the videos. I really hope that they were just super easy AI used for the purposes of demonstration, otherwise I'll be really disappointed, come the time of release.

Similarly, the "run and snipe" style of gameplay exhibited in the Kefka vs Sephiroth battle doesn't really interest me. The battle seemed to grind on for an awfully long time, considering how little was actually occurring in it.

You're talking about enemies set to level 1

Look at their health, it's the default 1000

EDIT: Squall vs Golbez These guys are at much higher levels that the other videos, as a result they have much more HP. far more speed and a larger range of attacks

So..... Do these guys look less impotent and less dissapointing?

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin Danny on 19th December 2008 10:37
Post #173983
Posted: 19th December 2008 11:52

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin Danny @ 18th December 2008 23:11)

I had noticed that, and I wasn't sure if that would be adjustable. I know a few games where it simply isn't.

Yes, that battle was a bit more enjoyable to watch. Nevertheless, I think I won't get full enjoyment out of it until I'm able to experience it for myself. For now, I shall have to content myself with what's available here. biggrin.gif
Post #173992
Posted: 19th December 2008 18:23

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Suunok @ 19th December 2008 11:52)
Quote (Dark Paladin Danny @ 18th December 2008 23:11)

I had noticed that, and I wasn't sure if that would be adjustable. I know a few games where it simply isn't.

Yes, that battle was a bit more enjoyable to watch. Nevertheless, I think I won't get full enjoyment out of it until I'm able to experience it for myself. For now, I shall have to content myself with what's available here. biggrin.gif

it looks like its going to be a long wait. its pretty much the only game i'm anticipating this summer.

--------------------
Post #174001
Posted: 20th December 2008 13:38

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Any one been wanting some

Gabranth?

Or some Shantotto?
Post #174050
Posted: 28th March 2009 22:42

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
So few characters sad.gif
and Kefka is so odd...

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #176363
Posted: 3rd April 2009 13:43

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I want this game... Are there any more news on a release date?
Post #176654
Posted: 3rd April 2009 14:00

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Wikipedia is saying nothing more than Summer '09 for the States, but is more specific for the EU, saying September '09. Appears that EU data is coming from Gamespot UK.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #176657
Posted: 3rd April 2009 14:27

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Ah, I see.. Oh well, I shouldn't expect to see it any time soon then. Maybe I should import it?

Hm, nah.
Post #176667
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: