CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
The Soonest You Had Every Characters Limit Breaks

Posted: 11th December 2011 22:32

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I was wondering the soonest point in the game in which you have earned every character's limit breaks (excluding Level 4). For me, the soonest I received every character's limit breaks would be when I received them. I went and grinded for awhile. When I first reached Mt. Corel, every character you can get up to that point had all level 3 limit breaks. What about you?

--------------------
-I'm not a thief, I'm a treasure hunter-

My Anime List - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MaidenVarius

My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/maidenvarius
Post #198438
Posted: 11th December 2011 23:50

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Don't think I've ever had them all before disk 3.
I like to wait until the end to do all of my grinding.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #198442
Posted: 12th December 2011 05:51

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'm the mad type that grinds soon to get as powerful as possible as soon as possible (event-wise, anyway), so in FFV I'd master all the available job classes right after getting them; in VII I'd get all the current character's Limit Breaks currently within my ability to get, as well as getting at least to the 3rd level of all current materia in my possession; in VIII I'd master my GFs' abilities before doing anything else....

I could go on. This is what happens when you have O-C tendencies and grew up with a franchise whose slogan was "Gotta catch 'em all!"

Yeah, Pokemon made me thorough, but otherwise didn't really do me any favors.

--------------------
HSUP B TCELES
Post #198445
Posted: 12th December 2011 08:04

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I've been there on that grind, getting them all as soon as possible. My friend and I used to share game saves and we had a particularly horrible save where we got Cloud's Level 3 at the first save point in the game. It's possible to watch TV and play the PSX at the same time, listening out for the noises the disc makes in the console when the battle starts and when it's over. 99:99 hours and who knows how much on top of that.

Punishing time consumption aside, the easiest and quickest way I've got them all was in a forest near Rocket Town after beating the Materia Keeper after Nibelheim. There are regularly 6 enemies (mushrooms) per battle and either Magic+All or a Summon can kill them pretty quickly. So that would be disc 1, and I wouldn't mind doing that again, it's fairly quick.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #198449
Posted: 22nd February 2012 15:24

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Cloud's limit is the first you can get right? Anyone get the 32,000 battle points for that in disc 1? I didn't bother until disc 3 even though it was double the price. happy.gif Then I purposefully got Aerith's limit break pretty easily because I kept her in my party at all times. biggrin.gif I was actually waiting to get Vincent's limit too because of the whole having to wait for the submarine/chocobo part. Tifa also had her 3rd set learned quickly as did Cloud but I waited until the end for them. (Dunno why blink.gif ) Cait Sith and the rest I had to actually go and put them in my party to get theirs. I didn't play with them much clearly....XD

So for me: (Second play through, can't remember my first)

1. Aerith - Disc 1
2. Vincent - Disc 3
3. Tifa - Disc 3
4. Cloud - Disc 3
5. Cait Sith - Disc 3
6. Cid - Disc 3 (I still haven't gotten these last 3 character's limits)
7. Red XII - Disc 3
8. Yuffie - Disc 3

--------------------
"Please don't give me all my luck now. Make it all stretch. I don't mind waiting. Make it stretch for 70 years. "
Robert Pattinson

"You just don't get it do you? There's not a thing I don't cherish!"
Cloud Strife, FFVII: AC

Games Complete: FFVII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, FFVIII, FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2
Post #199411
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: