CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Invent-A-Class!

Posted: 26th June 2004 03:30

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
This is how I think Ramza would be or should be at the end of the game or after the game, but here it is...

Ramza- Black Knight

Weapons- Swords, Knight Swords, and Sheilds.
Head Gear- Helmets
Body Armor- Robes and Armor

Dark Sword- Night Sword, Dark Sword, Wish, Ultima
Black Magic
Auto-Potion
Magic Attack Up
Move HP-Up

What do you guys think? A perfect rival to Delita, I think.

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #49396
Posted: 28th June 2004 12:31

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
I'm not a big fan of Magic by any means, but I dig the setup. I think of Ramza as more of a champion of Light, though, so I always wanted to see him get the job of Heavenly Knight like his father.

I think it says alot for the greatness of the game, though, that his best class is still just the lonely Squire. He's a common man. Ramza can be brave, but he can be a coward at times. He can fail, just like any of us. I think it keeps him real and human in the game, keeping him from some super-class like Orlandu. He has to fight for everything he has... nothing is given to him. I like that tremendously. No game I've ever seen has presented a lead character in such a way as Tactics.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #49631
Posted: 1st July 2004 03:05
Returner

Sage
Requirements Lvl 5 Priest, Lvl 5 Wizard, Lvl 5 Oracle

Action Abilities
Drain- Range 4, Effect 1- Drain HP equal to damage inflicted. 250 JP

Blind- Range 3, Effect Area- Inflict Darkness on enemy(s). 180 JP

Water-Range 3, Effect Area- Deals Water damage to enemy(s). 200 JP

Aero- Range 3, Effect Area- Deals Wind damage to enemy(s). 200 JP

Raise +- Range 3, Effect Area- Revives ally(s) and heals half of their maximum HP. 700 JP

Giga Flare- Range 3, Effect Area- Deals massive amounts of non-elemental damage to enemy(s). 1000 JP

Bio- Range 3, Effect Area- Inflicts Poison on enemy(s) and deals non-elemental damage. 180 JP

Ultima Blow-Range 1, Effect 1- Deals massive amount of physical damage to an enemy. 1200 JP

Reaction Abilities
Reflex- Evades all regular physical attacks. 600 JP

Support Abilities
Attack UP- Raises Physical Attack Power. 400 JP

Equip Staff- Equip Staff regardless of job. 350 JP

Equip Shield- Equip Shield regardless of job. 200 JP

Move Abilities
Move +2- Adds 2 to your MOVE stat. 520 JP

Jump +2- Adds 2 to your JUMP stat. 480 JP
Post #50050
Posted: 1st July 2004 13:44

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Plague Bringer
----------------------------------

"A diseased madman kept alive by magic, he hates the living."

Madness
------------------

Infection
JP: 750
Range: 3
Deals normal damage, along with Poison and Death Sentence.

Black Spiral
Deals normal damage, along with Berserk and Confusion.

Strangle
Range: 1
Grabs and strangles the target, dealing double-damage with a 50% chance of instant death.

Contagion
Inflicts Invitation and Poison on target.

Blood Suck
Inflicts damage, along with Zombie status.

Reaction
------------------

Embrace
If attacked by a target within 3 panels, Plague Bringer inflicts Blood Suck on the target. The success rate uses the same formula as Blade Grasp.

Movement
--------------------

Vector Teleport
JP: 850
100% Success rate teleportation up to 8 panels, no matter the height. Success rate decreases by 15% for each panel over 8.

Traits
Plague Bringers are permanently inflicted with the Zombie and Innocent status. They can equip no weapons or armor or accessories. They are immune to Poison, Invite or Charm, Confusion, Death Sentence, and Dead. On the battlefield, any character who ends their turn 3 panels or closer suffers a -5 Brave penalty. The Plague Bringer's appearance is akin to what you saw in the first Resident Evil movie. Torn clothes, gaping wounds all over the body... perhaps a hanging eye from one socket. Oh, yeah, and the arms are constantly held straight out in front of them, with hands constantly opening and closing.

The Plague Bringer is not a class you attain, but a special character that joins you on Poeskas Lake on the way to Riovanes Castle.

This post has been edited by Hamedo on 1st July 2004 13:45

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #50088
Posted: 3rd July 2004 00:47

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Blood Knight

Requirements:
Level 8 Knight
Level 5 Oracle
level 3 Black Mage

Commands:
Learned by default: Blood Suck: Only Blood knights can equip this command, Drains HP (Inflicts Blood Suck on humans)

Abilities:
100JP Curse: Inflict undead on yourself (Speed = Now)
400JP Drain Sword: Drains 1/4 out of Enemy's Max HP (Speed = Now)
600JP Demi Sword: Halves enemy's HP (Speed = 30)
800JP Darkness Dance: Infilicts Poison, Darkness, Silence to every near target (Speed = Now)
100JP Night Sword: 100% hit, draining attack (Speed = Now)
350JP Bleeding Strike: Critical Hit Strike, Knockbacks, Take Out 20% HP of user (Speed = Now)
1200JP Unholy Darkness: Deals, greater and greater damage the more Undeads are in the targeted area, Darkness elemental, Effect 3,Targetself, can inflict Undead (Speed = 25)

Reaction Abilities:
600JP Mind Shift: In critical State, become charmed as if it was by an enemy and the attacker become charmed on your team.
700JP Undead Recall: After being killed, and waited for the 3 turns, 100% recover from death with the undead status (cannot be used if you are afflicted by the undead status)

Support Abilities:
300JP Darkness Absorb: Absorb Darnkess elemental Based attack as if you were undead
300JP Holy Resist: Enable Reraise and HP recovery by Regen/Cure spells and potions while undead

Movement Abilities:
3500JP Teleport 2: Instantly Teleport to destination, 100% success
200JP Float: Permanent Float Status

This post has been edited by Zodiac on 3rd July 2004 12:02

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #50314
Posted: 7th July 2004 13:25

Cetra

Awards:
Gladiator
---------------------------

Fighter's Edge
-------------------------

Battlefield Medicine
JP: 200
Same as the Squire's Heal skill, but also adds 70hp.

Armor Break
JP: 250
Shatters enemy armor

Blood Lust
JP: 300
Attack deald 150% damage and severs a vital artery, causing hp loss on targets turn for the rest of the battle.

Shield Break
Destroys an enemy's shield

Showoff
JP: 450
Range: 2
Gladiator performs acrobatic flips to get in close to the target, then deals a light blow to their head. Minimum hp damage, but has 50% chance of causing Sleep.

Weapon Break
Breaks an enemy's weapon

Shield Throw
JP: 350
Range: Equal to Gladiator's movement
Gladiator throws equipped shield at target. It is unequipped for the rest of the battle, but becomes equipped again once the battle is over. If the throw is successful, formula for damage is the shield's physical evade % plus magic evade % multiplied by 2.

Crowd Pleaser
JP: 550
Gladiator performs a massive downward strike to the solar plexus of the target, meant to disembowel. Attack deals 200% damage and has a 30% chance of causing instant death.

Reaction
------------------

Battle Master
JP: 500
If shield is equipped, and physically attacked, Gladiator parries the attack and counterstrikes the target.

Support
-----------------

Two Swords
Equip two swords.

Movement
--------------------

Snare
On panels that the Galdiator stops on, he sets a small snare. If any character walks over or stops on that panel, they are stopped on that panel and can take no action on the turn. The next turn allows no movement, as well.

Traits
---------------

Speed: 11 Movement: 5 Jump: 3

Inherent Two Swords

user posted image

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #50785
Posted: 8th July 2004 01:43

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Since my head feels like a big ole mush of nothing,I'll just make mine a bit easier.

RUNE BLADIST (...XD)

Description:Warriors who use runeblades,or swallowtails,for weapons and use special
Weapons:Swallowtail(They're like spears except with two blades,one at each end)

Armor:Just about anything you feel like giving them.They're strong enough,so you don't always have to give them Knite armor or anything like that.

Abilities:Job Comand:Attack,Rune Attack

Rune Attack Abilities:
Shooting Star(damages and lowers enemy's Physical Attack by attacking the with a tecnique using the swallowtail and a fallen star.)

Wish(Offer 1/4 of one's HP to the spirits,wishing to restore the target's HP by double that amount.)

Rejuvenation(Recover from All abnormal status.Sometimes fails.)

Elixer Blade(Recovers all HP and MP to one target.Sometimes fails.)

Tsuke Kage(Absorbs enemy's HP by using the powers of the shadows of the moon.)
Holy Explosive(Uses a magic bomb with holy magic from the swallowtail and explodes in attack.){It does NOT destroy the weaon!XD}

Solar Wind(Attacks the enemy using solar energy collected by the swallowtail.)

Reaction Abilities:Counter Explosive(counters with a holy bomb.)

Hamedo Star(Attacks the enemy before getting attacked by using the Shooting Star ability.)

Auto Reraise(uses reraise after being attacked.)

Support Abilities:Equip Swallowtail

Magic Eater(Makes magic damage to HP)

Move Ability:Ignore Condition(allows to walk on any ground,including water and lava.)

Mleh.Hopefully this is enough info?

--------------------
Crazy,crazy,crazy...red head i am!xD...MY FFT!*clings*
Post #50859
Posted: 8th July 2004 17:22

SOLDIER

Awards:
Lust Knight

Female Knights who have the power the the sirens.

Siren Song:

Banshie Sword: Powerful sonic slash that confuses and mutes the enemy.

Mercy Cry: A technique that is best after hp is low. Allows the user an extra attack by pleading for mercy. Effect :charm 20%

Sailors Nightmare: Make Bard Songs effects not work, also confuses the user.

Seduction Song: Charm all male charectors into being you body gaurds, works on monsters too. Add: Arm Break

Angel Cry Make all Female type warriors on the get a power bust through the tears of an angel. Add: Defense up, Attack Up

Equipment:

Save the Queen
Diamon Helment
Genji Armor
Crystle Sheild
Iron Bracer

Specal ablitys

Move Find Item

Hp Stroll

Walk on Water

Counter

Counter Tackle

Dead eye : Makes attack never miss

Music Score: Ups the effective ness of each siren song

Charector Profile:
Once reveard as the queens knights these women chose to take up the way of the siren to protect them selves form the preying men of there village. now the art of the siren is all but lost Trena is one of the last of the lust knights, although she may not look like it she is a powerful fighter. She Came Searching for the Dragonner Reis to learn the ways of the dragoner so she could hone her skills more.

What do you think i there needs to be more gender spacific classes and i never though the female knight looked right so i made a speacle on. I know this kind of class is surpiseing to come from a guy but what the hey i think it sound pretty good.

This post has been edited by Lockes AlterEgo on 8th July 2004 17:26

--------------------
Don't fear the reaper!
Wonderful system this "Democracy" is no mechanism to break a tie -Dinobot-
It's spelled Raymond Luxray Yatch but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Sic Semper Tyrannis bush.
Post #50934
Posted: 8th July 2004 19:47

Cetra

Awards:

Magitek Armor

M-Tek
---------------

Mech Fist
MP Needed: 30
Huge punch from the M-Tek armor. Massive HP damage.

M-Tek Cannon
Range: 9
MP Needed: 50
Magic and laser fusion beam that tears through target, inflicting HP and MP damage.

Missle Pod
JP: 800
Range: 9
MP Needed: 70
M-Tek armor carries a payload of 3 missles. Upon contact with target or panel, explosion damages 3 panels in all directions.

Backup Generator
JP: 400
MP Needed: None
Only for use once per battle, the M-Tek armor can repair 150 HP and 150 MP to itself or a target on an adjoining panel.

Esper Overload
JP: 1000
Range: 5 (all directions)
Self Destruction. Deals massive damage, along with status ailment of Oil to all survivors.

Dismount
JP: None
Magitek Soldier can dismount from the armor, similar to dismounting a chocobo. Once he has left the Armor, it can perform no actions or movements. It can still take damage, though reaction skills will still take effect. Magitek Soldier can re-mount the armor at any time.

Reaction
-------------------

Plasma Shield
If MP is reduced in an attack, Shell, Protect, and Wall are cast on Magitek Armor.

Support
-----------------

None

Movement
--------------------

Inherent Any Ground

Magitek Soldier

Magicite Infusion
----------------------------

Blaze
Range: 5
MP Needed: 15
Fire2 will emanate from M-Tek soldier's hand in a straight line for 5 panels.

Drain
MP Needed: 10
Drains 20% of maximum MP from target and replaces the M-Tek Soldier's with it.
Kefka's Orders (fanatic)
MP Needed: 20
Inflicts permanent Charm on target. Only cured by death and revitalization.

Reaction
------------------

Beacon
If attacked succesfully, the M-Tel Soldier activates a homing beacon. The Magitek Armor will move as close as it can to the M-Tek Soldier, then stop.

Support
-----------------

None

Movement
--------------------

None

Magitek Armor

This post has been edited by Hamedo on 8th July 2004 19:50

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #50945
Posted: 13th July 2004 13:51

Cetra

Awards:
------------------
Vampire Hunter
------------------

Skillset: Deadly Arts
-------------------------

Blessing
MP: 15, must have Holy Water in inventory
Similar to the Moogle summon, a rain of light from Heaven descends on the hunter and a 5 panel range around him. All allies have Cure2 cast on them, while all enemy units have Fire2 cast on them. Both spells are non-reflectable, and damage any undead units for double damage.

Curse
MP: 10, must have Holy Water in inventory
Inflicts Death Sentence on target.

Heart Pierce
JP: 600
Range: Weapon dependant
Hunter attacks the targets heart. Double damage, with 10% chance of instant death.

Holy Aura
MP: 30, must have Holy Water in inventory
Casts regen on Hunter. Any target ending their turn within 3 panels of the Hunter for the remainder of the battle while this is in effect gains HP as if regen were cast on them. Damages undead units.

Holy
MP: 80, must have Holy Water in inventory
Casts Holy on target.

Reaction Skills
-----------------

Cloak of Shadows
JP: 600
If HP damage is incurred, go into Transparent status.

Counter
JP: 150
Counter with equipped weapon.

Support Skills
----------------

Special Training
JP: 1500
When crossbow is equipped, +5 PA is added.

Garlic and Crosses
JP: 1300
Immune to Death Sentence, Bloodsuck, Zombie, Death, and 50% reduced damage from Black Magic.

Movement Skills
-------------------

Godspeed
Move +1, Speed +2

Purifier
JP: 850, must have Holy Water in inventory
Douses panel that the Hunter's turn ends on with Holy Water. No magic or special skill will affect this panel for the rest of the battle.

Traits
-------

The Vampire Hunter can equip crossbows, guns, knives, and swords. He can wear hats or caps, and can equip clothes and robes. On the battlefield, I see him looking like Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing if male, or Kate Beckinsdale in Underworld if female. To get this class, you must be Lvl. 8 Priest, Lvl. 8 Archer, Lvl. 8 Monk, and have NO black magic abilities learned.

As an aside, I almost added an ability called "The Holy Handgrenade"....... for all those who love Monte Python, y'all know what I'm talking about. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Hamedo on 13th July 2004 13:53

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #51761
Posted: 13th July 2004 20:36

Dragoon

Awards:
Roque Knight (ram.a)
GUtsII
Jump JP 300xbr>Glacier slash JP 600 glacierdfalls on enemies attacks all (ice elemental)
inferno cannon [P 600 launchers a stream of fire at a row of enemies (fire elemental)
Thunder stab JP 600 (stabs enemies in a row lightning btrikes them all)
Shadow tornadow JP 800 (whirls around causing a black tornado, damages all enemies
Holy crusafix JP 900 (slashesaenemiy in a cross formation, cross shows on the character and blows up enemy in a white flame, knocks them back five sqdares)

reaction:
two turns JP g00 Gets two turns in a row after being struck
Auto-potion JP5200

support:
Movement:
chocobo JP 200 move lik a chocobo
BlackuchocoboqJP 300 move like a black chocobo
Red chocobo JP 300 move like a red chocobo

5,100 JPato master

*you still get ultima the same way

This post has been edited by Cloud_Strife510 on 14th July 2004 19:20

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #51835
Posted: 14th July 2004 19:04
Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Hamedo @ 28th June 2004 07:31)
I'm not a big fan of Magic by any means, but I dig the setup. I think of Ramza as more of a champion of Light, though, so I always wanted to see him get the job of Heavenly Knight like his father.

I think it says alot for the greatness of the game, though, that his best class is still just the lonely Squire. He's a common man. Ramza can be brave, but he can be a coward at times. He can fail, just like any of us. I think it keeps him real and human in the game, keeping him from some super-class like Orlandu. He has to fight for everything he has... nothing is given to him. I like that tremendously. No game I've ever seen has presented a lead character in such a way as Tactics.

Ramza still has the best abilities. I mean just take a look at scream. And Ramza being scared? Where did you get that? Vormav kidnaps his sister so he follows him to a place he can't return from (supposedly) just so he can beat the hell out of Vormav.

When Zalmo says he's a heretic, what does Ramza do? He beats him up. When Wiegraf becomes Velius, does Ramza run and hide? No, he beats him up. And he does all of this because he can. Also note that there is no flee option in Final Fantasy Tactics because running is for wimps and Ramza is not a wimp.

--------------------
Now the story's played out like this. Just like a paperback novel. Let's rewrite an ending that fits.
Post #51998
Posted: 14th July 2004 20:19

Cetra

Awards:
Ramza says it himself after the battle at Fort Zeakden. "when it came down to it, I ran away". He couldn't deal. It doesn't make him a wuss or anything. It makes him human. No one can be brave all of the time. As the game progresses and he develops as a man, you see the childlike attitude and mannerisms disappear, to be replaced by confidence and grim determination... But in Chapter One, Ramza was scarcely more than a boy.

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #52006
Posted: 15th July 2004 07:39
Returner

Bard (because the normal Bard is horrible)

Items: Sword or Harp (Harp allows broader selection of abilities), clothing class, no robes, males can wear female accessories (call it glamrock..).

Any Gender, who says Women can't be Bards? that's just odd.

The Bard's "Music" act ability is not available to any job class as a secondary ability, nor are the Support Reaction and Movement abilities available to any job but Bard. The Bard's abilities are exclusive because it's awkward manipulation of ability types, the programmers said it was because the Bard's keep to their own, but we know the truth.

Action Abilities
200 JP Sing - Change Support Ability
This ability allows the Bard to change the song that they are singing, unlike the normal Bard available to male casters. they do not sing as their action - they sing as their subliminal activity, making them useful instead of lame.

350JP Dazzle - Stop singing until next AT to stun target.
This ability is a funny sort of trick, the Bard will grab ahold of the attention of their target until either the bard or your target is struck. It has a 100% chance to succeed and lasts until broken manually or by force.

500JP Rude Inturruption - Stop singing until next AT to insult target
This ability works much like the mediator's ability to lower the brave and faith of their target, all in one. This has a 60% + ( faith / 3) chance of succeeding and will lower their Brave and Faith by 30 + MA, 3 of that removed amount is permanent.

1000JP Charm - Stop singing until next AT to charm target.
This ability is like the assassin's charm ability, which will invoke an enemy unit to fight on your side until struck, it has a 100% chance to succeed. This will work on anyone, not just the opposite gender.

Reaction Abilities
600JP Strut to the Beat - The Bard will dance about with his song unwittingly making it difficult for him to be struck.
This ability is a goofy version of blade grasp, instead of preventing being hit by a sword or arrow or bullet (not sure how that works but it does in FFT), it will lower the chance of an enemy to hit by 30% due to the difficulty involved with trying to lead his/her movements.

Support Abilities (songs that you can change about mid battle)
300JP Concerto - The Bard's Allies become more focused
This song provides himself and his compatriots with an added 10% to all abilities, as they are able to focus better than normally as the Concerto serves as an ambient filler, or white noise.

300JP Crescendo - The Bard's Allies attacks become more acute
This song riles the Bard's Allies into striking with his music, filled with crescendos from piano to fortissimo, which strengthens their attacks by 10%, (ie. a 50 damage strike will now do 55 damage).

300JP Memoir - The Bard's Allies become filled with Bravery and Faith
This song adds 4 Brave or Faith with a 25% + MA * (Faith / 10) chance of each by reminding the party of those that have fallen on their path.

300JP Fanfare - The Bard's Allies are filled with Vigor (PA)
This song adds 1 PA to his allies whilst his song is being sung.

300JP Discordant Twang - The Bard pisses off the neighbors
This song makes the Bard's enemies become annoyed by the horrible twanging of the Bard tuning his instrument, The Bard must be equipping a harp to perform this song. This song lowers enemy damage by 10% (ie. 50 damage becomes 45 damage).

500JP Lovesong - Everyone's favoite.
This song adds the Regen status to all allies as long as it is played. The bard must wear a harp to perform this song.

800JP Unique Bombardment of Sound - The bard's only remotely offensive maneuver that doesn't involve thresholds
This song is particularly unique sound and makes the bard's harp simple attack cover all spaces around him/ her. The bard must wear a harp to perform this song.

Movement Abilities
1200JP Turntail - Frightened harp players know how to hide
This ability allows the Bard to run in a frightened panic and hide, this doubles the Bard's movement allowance but if the Bard moves into a square outside of his/ her regular allowance, they stop playing their song and are stripped of their Support Abiliy until the next AT. This abiliy also adds: Invisible.
Post #52078
Posted: 15th July 2004 10:13
Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Hamedo @ 14th July 2004 15:19)
Ramza says it himself after the battle at Fort Zeakden. "when it came down to it, I ran away". He couldn't deal. It doesn't make him a wuss or anything. It makes him human. No one can be brave all of the time. As the game progresses and he develops as a man, you see the childlike attitude and mannerisms disappear, to be replaced by confidence and grim determination... But in Chapter One, Ramza was scarcely more than a boy.

I think its perfectly legitimate and valid to run from exploding forts.

--------------------
Now the story's played out like this. Just like a paperback novel. Let's rewrite an ending that fits.
Post #52080
Posted: 15th July 2004 13:29

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
sorry to correct you but Celia's and Lede's charm ability is not a guaranteed 100%.

In one of my games my Ramza had Bad compatility with either Celia or Lede and it had 88% chance of charming me, well i'm not really correcting you because everytime they tried it on me they charmed my Ramza... arg i hate you Celia and Lede but i'll pardon you because you are so sexy wub.gif .

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #52091
Posted: 15th July 2004 21:05
Returner

zodiac would change the effectiveness of any of those, of course -- didn't really go in depth into the battle mechanics far enough for that though.
Post #52159
Posted: 15th July 2004 23:59

Returner

Arsidius Cain
Fallen Angel

bio: angel monk who has turned his back on his god from shame of hidden conspiracy blah blah blah. i decided to make a character to go with the class.

can wear any judo, tai chi, kung fu, karate, kendo, jujitsu or ninjitsu uniform and uses elemental gauntlets as weapons.

skillset: Punch Art (punch arts have no charge except Fury Of All):

Shadow Punch: focuses all power into fist for super powerful attack on all surrounding enemies. range 1 in all directions.

Molotov Cocktail: Cain unleashes some molotov cocktail and chucks it at enemy and it covers the enemy in liquor obviously. causes confusion and slight damage.

(insert cool title) Cain flies out of the battlefield and divebombs the enemy. charge time of 25 i guess.

Bruce Lee Tragedy: (imagine at the cost of one's life FF7's Omnislash with fists that obliterates all enemies on screen. too powerful you say? here's the catch: does not work on bosses or in the final battle of any chapter. i dunno if that ruins the fun out it or what and there is one more drawback cause this skill would enable you to beat the game in a matter of hours. skill can only be used Once Every 4 Game Hours. so if you want to leave your playstation on and come back every four hours to do this easily then so be it. and each hit deals 25 % of character's max HP so the show won't be too too long.)

Power of One: can for one turn and at the cost of 50% of max HP borrow other's attack points and add to character's total for one turn/attack.

Support abilities:
Ask The Lonely: upon death of party member (who is selected when this skill is equipped), Cain teleports to comrade's murderer and hangs him a Holy Hand Grenade and the grenade freezes enemy in place for 4 turns. Reaction skill.

ok this guy is turning out crappy i'll fix him later.

--------------------
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wings can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world-- Chaos Theory
Post #52179
Posted: 21st July 2004 04:52

Returner

Been working on this idea for a while....

Dark Battlemage
Dark wanderer who utilizes both combat skills and magic. Dark Battlemage magic is deadly and powerful, yet they have mastered many weapons classes and can wear armor. They make excellent mercenaries.

Impure Magic

Firestorm 250JP
Conjures a orb of fire that creates a fire ripple when dropped. Does damage to surrounding units
(Range 3v4 around caster)

Dark Path 500JP
Suffocates target in a blanket of darkness. Adds Blind and Death Sentence
(range 3v2)

Split Energy 600JP
Target is struck by an energy bolt
(range like holy explosion or earth slash)

Soultap 300JP
Soul energy is stolen from target and is returned to the caster. Damages enemies and heals caster with taken HP.
(Range single square)

Ahnilation Beam 1300JP
Obliterates everything in its 2 by 10 square path..umm DESTRUCTION

Reaction

Retribution 400JP
Lets say that an enemy does 200 damage to you. Lets say that there are 5 enemies on the field. Then each enemy will be dealt 40 hp damage, evenly

Equipment

Bringer of Pain double-ended Halberd
Spear Class
It's a Halberd (Half axe, half spear) with blades on both ends of the stick...light weight and endowed with magical attributes

--------------------
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."
- Umberto Eco
Post #52794
Posted: 22nd July 2004 15:34

Awards:
Shadow Knight
Knight Created from darkness who uses unholy energy to destroy his opponents.

Speed Medium, MA Medium, PA High, HP medium, MP Medium - High

Can Equip:
Knight Swords, Swords, Ninja Swords, Katanas, Spears, Knifes, Axes, Flails, Sheilds, Helmets, Armors, Robes, Accessories.

Dark Skills

Dark Holy - 600 JP - 56 MP -
Cast Unholy Magic on Target.
Range 5, Effect 1, Speed 20
(MA x [Your faith/100 + Target's faith/100] x 36

Shock Strike - 200 JP - 16 MP -
Normal attack dealing higher damage when HP is low.
(Max HP - Current HP + PA x WP = Damage)
Can only be used with melee Weapons

Knockback - 200 JP -
Strike target away to avoid being counterattacked.
(Damage varies from 25% to 175%)
Can only be used with melee weapons
Range Varies with equipped weapon

Switch - 400 JP - 20 MP -
Exchange your Current HP/MP with your opponent's.
Range 1, Vertical 3, Effect 1

Magical Strike - 500 JP - 10 MP -
Use magical power to inflict damage.
Range 3, Vertical 3, Effect 1
(MA x WP = Damage)
Can only be used with melee weapons

Reaction Abilities

PA Save - 600 JP -
Increase PA when physically damaged.
(+1 PA)

Revenge - 500 JP -
When Entering Critical State, HP and MP of the attacker drops to it's minimum.
(1 HP/MP)

Support Abilities

Drain Strike - 750 JP -
Drain HP with skills using a melee weapon or with a normal attack.
(Pray that you wont fight against undead enemies tongue.gif)

Move Abilities

Move Brave UP - 250 JP -
Increase Brave as you move
(2 Brave gained after you stop moving)

Trap Reverse - 300 JP -
Use the negative power of Traps at your will.
( -1/4 Hp --> +1/4 HP, Poison --> Regen, Sleep --> Quick (Will cast after Turn), Death sentence --> Reraise)

This post has been edited by Zodiac on 22nd July 2004 15:39

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #52946
Posted: 29th July 2004 19:52

Cetra

Awards:
------------------------
Elvish Ranger
------------------------

"An elven warrior who is a defender of the forrest and it's inhabitants."

Skillset: Ranger Lore
---------------------------------

Flame Arrow
Surrounds arrow with fire aura. Normal arrow damage plus Fire 2.

Glacial Arrow
Imbues arrow with ice elemental. Normal arrow damage plus Ice 2.

Shock Arrow
Charges arrow with electricity. Normal arrow damage plus Bolt 2.

Hail of Arrows
JP: 2 arrows 350, 3 arrows 450, 4 arrows 550 5 arrows 650
Allows X-amount of regular attacks, depending on how many arrows you are upgraded to. All attacks can go to any panel within bow's reach.

Knee Shot
Prevents target from moving for three turns.

Shoulder Shot
Prevents target from performing actions for three turns.

Dead Aim
Double damage from bow, along with a 10% chance of Death, Confusion, or Sleep.

Herbal Lore
Ranger uses herbal lore to heal himself. Casts Cure 2 and Heal.

Animal Friendship
50% chance of charming any monster that is not undead.

Reaction Abilities

Forrest's Revenge
When a target succesfully attacks the Ranger. Hell Ivy is cast on the target, regardless of the result of the attack on the Ranger.

Call of the Wild
JP: 650
When attacked, Ranger summons a monster to his aid. The monster is random, and appears rondomly on the battlefield. Only happens once per battle.

Support Abilities

Equip Bow
Allows character to equip a bow.

Hawk Eyes
Never miss on a regular attack.

Movement Abilities
------------------------------

Fluid Motion
Move +1, Speed +1

Rabbit Snare
On any square immediatly next to the one the Ranger ends his turn on, he sets a snare. Instead of an immobilizing snare, though, it releases a mixture of plants and herbs that stun an opponent. Causes Sleep status.

Traits
---------------

The Ranger can equip all bows and knives, along with any shield, caps and hats, clothes and robes.

On the battlefield, the Ranger has long flowing blonde/silver hair, and wears a forrest-green cloak about him.

The Ranger has a naturally high Speed rating, with mid-level HP, PA, and MA growth.

This post has been edited by Hamedo on 30th July 2004 12:52

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #53973
Posted: 30th July 2004 23:25

Awards:
Zodiac Knight

Equipment
Knight Swords, Sheilds, Armor, Helmet, Robes, Accessories.

The Zodiac Knight must handle A knight Sowrd to be able to perform any of his skills.

Skills

Teleport II: Concentrate on next teleportation. 400JP
100% guaranteed to move at location chosen at next teleportation.
Cancels if atained by sleep, dead, petrify.
Speed NOW, 25 MP

Light Beam: Launches a blue light beam. 600JP
((PA + MA) x WP)/3
Range:8 Type:Line Explosion
Can't be Evaded/Blocked

Evanesence: Restores HP and raise Faith to self. 300JP
MA x WP x 2 x Faith/100
+3 Faith
Holy Elemental (Can be strenghtened)
Effect 1, TargetSelf

Runic Blade: Absorbs the Next magic that will be casted from a unit. 250 JP
The amount of MP took the caster to cast the speel will be given to that unit
The Spell will have no effect
Cannot Absorb Calculated Spells
Speed 30, Range 5, Effect 1

Speed Ruin: Lowers SP. 500JP
50% + MA = %
-3 speed
Speed 34, 20 MP, effect 2, range 4

Magic Ruin: Lowers MP. 500JP
PA x MA = MP damage
50% + MA = %

Power Ruin: Lowers PA. 500JP
50% + MA = %
-3 PA

Mind Ruin: Lowers MA. 500JP
50% + MA = %
-3 MA

Health Ruin: Lowers HP. 500JP
PA x MA = damage
50% + MA = %

Critical: Cause a critical Hit
25% of breaking weapon
25% chance of a knockback
200%-300% normal dammage
Range 1, Effect 1, Speed NOW, 20 MP

Reaction Abilities

Evade & Counter: If a physical attack is blocked, evaded, stopped (golem), will counter with a critical hit

Support Abilities:

Equip Knight Sword: Equip A knight sword regardlesss of job. 750 JP

Movement:

Teleport: enables teleportation 700JP

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #54172
Posted: 10th August 2004 23:45

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Mage

Equips: Rods, Staves, Books
Clothes, Robes, Hats

Skill Set: Arcane

Faren's Fireball:
A ball of fire streaks in a straight line from caster

Maru's Freezing Wind:
An icy wind hits targets with a chance to freeze them (Add: Freeze)

Kenji's Shock
A bolt of lightning strikes targets

Gaia's Grasp
An earthen hand reaches up and grabs target hold him tightly(Add: Stop)]

Sleep 2 (cool name?)
Puts targets to sleep (Add: Sleep)

Death Cloud
Instantly kills targets (Add: Death)

Reaction

Spell Burst-Uses a small amount of mp to send a burst of magical energy at the attacker

Support

Chain Spell-Cast two spells in one turn

Movement

Move Mp-up (nothing new here, couldn't think of anything)
Post #55573
Posted: 11th August 2004 00:06

Cetra

Awards:
-----------------
Samurai
-----------------

"The perfect warrior."

Bushido
-----------------

With katana equipped:

Air Blade
The Samurai cuts through the air, sending a razor sharp wind towards the target. Must have bladed weapon equipped.

Tiger Strike
Using quick movements, the Samurai makes several cuts on the opponent's body.

Sword Dance
Going into a mode of total defense with his sword and giving no thought to attack, the Samurai is impervious to physical harm and only susceptible to 50% damage from magic until his next turn.

Dragon Coil
JP: 650
Using the techniques of the dragon, the Samurai executes an immediate jump attack. Normal weapon damage, with no bonus from the jump. Eliminates counterstrike from target.

Lightning Blade
The Samurai lashes out with the speed of lightning, shattering an opponents weapon and sending shards of it slicing across them. Breaks weapon and does 1/4 damage of the Samurai's equipped weapon.

With bow equipped:

Spirit Arrow
Range: Dependant on bow type.
Arrow fired by the Samurai is guided by spirits to the most vulnerable place on the targets body. Double damage if succesful.

Spine Sever
Range: Dependant on bow type
Paralyzes opponent for remainder of battle.

General Abilities:

Mantra
Using chi and pressure points in the body, the Samurai restores his HP and alleviates status effects.

Ancestoral Rite
Samurai becomes posessed by angry spirits of dead ancestors. Causes rage status.

Reaction Abilities

Counter
Samurai counters an attack with one of his own.

Riposte
Deflects physical attack and counterattacks.

Blade Grasp
Using the highest level of skill, the Samurai stops an attack with his bare hands.

Support Abilities

Attack Up
Increases physical attack damage

Two Hands
Hold weapon with two hands. Increases physical evade % and attack damage.

Movement
--------------------

Art of the Mantis
Ignore Height.

Art of the Panther
JP: 2000
Move +4, Speed +2

Honor
JP: 1850
At the beginning of a battle, all enemy units go first, but all allied units, including the Samurai, gain +1 speed for the battle.

Traits
--------------

Inherent Seppuku- The Samurai does not enter critical status until his HP reaches 10 or below. Once he does go critical, though, seeing defeat is near he will fall on his own blade on his next turn if not healed.

Equipment- The Samurai can equip all armor, robes and clothes... all hats, caps, and helmets... and katanas.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Hamedo on 11th August 2004 18:28

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #55577
Posted: 11th August 2004 16:48

Returner

Awards:
If it were me, I'd make a Gambler class. Why? Because gamblers are ultimate wild cards. Here goes:

Gambler Action ability (appears as Roulette when set): Cause various status effects on a random person.

Weapons: Cards, of course!
Armor: Just clothes.
More later!

-------------------------------------------
A two-headed coin! How ingenious!
-Setzer Gabbiani

--------------------
AAAAAA! AA A AAAA A AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAAA!
Now that that's out of my system, I'm going to bed.
Post #55641
Posted: 12th August 2004 13:27

Cetra

Awards:
-----------------
Gambler
-----------------

"Life and death balance themselves on the fate of a coin for this traveling rogue"

Chance
-----------------

Coin Toss
JP: 800
The Gambler throws all gold on hand at the target, up to a max of 999gp. The amount of damage is 2/3 the amount of gold thrown.

Snake Eyes
Rolling his dice, the Gambler has a 1 in 12 chance of reducing all enemy units hp to 1.

Steal GP
Years of training have allowed the Gambler to master the art of "liberating" funds from his enemies.

Roullette
One character on the battlefield instantly dies. Completely random, and chooses from ally as well as enemy units.

Chance
JP:500
Swap hp with target.

Blackjack
JP: 2000
A slot machine appears, and if three Chocobos line up, Chococure and Esuna are cast on all allies.
If three Ahrimans line up, all enemy units lose 20 brave.
If three Ghouls line up, all units on the battlefield are randomly transported to a different location on the field.
If three Vampires line up, one ally and one enemy unit will be turned to stone or undead with bloodsuck.
If three Dragons line up, 500 hp damage and 300mp damage to all units on the field.
If three Zodiac stones line up, Raise, Esuna, and Cure4 are cast on all allies.
If no three way match is made, Gambler takes damage equal to 1/3 of his current hp.

Support Abilities

Luck
All regular attacks have a 50% chance of being critical.

Reaction Abilities

Fair Share
All damage recieved is halved. The other half is given to the attacking character.

Movement
--------------------

Move/GP Up
Gambler gains GP as he moves.

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #55701
Posted: 13th August 2004 12:38

Returner

Awards:
Thanks, Hamedo! I'm going to integrate that into my FFT pen&paper RPG. Also, I think the requirements should be:

Lvl. 2 Thief, Lvl. 2 Oracle

-----------------------------------------------
"A two-headed coin? How ingenious!"
-Setzer Gabbiani

--------------------
AAAAAA! AA A AAAA A AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAAA!
Now that that's out of my system, I'm going to bed.
Post #55781
Posted: 13th August 2004 12:42

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Fair Share
All damage recieved is halved. The other half is given to the attacking character.

So does that work like Damage Split or is all damage reduced by 50% and then the attacke recieves damage equal to half of that?

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #55783
Posted: 13th August 2004 12:58

Cetra

Awards:
My thinking was that if you are attacked for 500 points of damage, you only recieve 250 of it, and the attacker recieves the other 250.

--------------------

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #55785
Posted: 14th August 2004 02:01

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Here's some classes of mine.

"Dark Paladin" (I did NOT steal the name!!! tongue.gif )

"Knights mastered in the way of chivalry and darkness. Enshrouded by an aura of both light and dark, their powers are beyond normal. They have created their own mixed style of both the Holy and Dark Sword."

Job Requirements: Level 8 Knight, Level 8 Geomacer, Level 8 Squire, Level 5 Lancer

Can Equip: Knightswords, Swords, Shields, Armor, Helmets, Hats, Any Accessory Except Ribbon (Male and Female)

If I could equip them...

Equipment

Excalibur (2-Handed)
-
Thief Hat
Crystal Mail
Feather Cloak (Or was it Mantle?)

Abilities

Master Swordskill

Act Abilities:

Un-Holy Explosion (800 JP) MP Cost: 0
Attacks all enemies in a line. Deals Dark damage and sometimes causes Death or Death Sentence.

Hell's Gateway (999 JP) MP Cost: 0
Hits all enemies with Dark damage. Sometimes causes Stop, Death Sentence, Poison, Berserk, Death, Petrification, or Crystalization.

Stasis Sword (200 JP) MP Cost: 0
Sometimes causes Stop on target. Holy damage.

Light Stream (850 JP) MP Cost: 0
Attacks all enemies in a line. Holy damage, sometimes cause Stop or the effects of a Holy Water.

Asper Sword (750 JP) MP Cost: 0
Drains the target's MP by 999. If not all is drained, Silence is casted on the target.

Ultimate Evil (999 JP) MP Cost: 0
Attacks all enemies with Dark damage, and casts Stop on tagets that are not killed.

Light Of Heaven (999 JP) MP Cost: 0
Attacks all enemies with Holy damage. Those it doesn't enter Poision status.

Reaction Abilities:

Aura Strikeback (500 JP)
Uses an Aura to lessen damage by 3 quarters, and half damage is recieved for Magic. Strikes back with the same attack doing the amount of damage it would have normally done to the character.

Deathmatch (550 JP)
Both attackers charge at each other. They both attack at the same time, and the one who deals more damage instantly crystalizes the other. Be cautious when using this.

Support Abilities:

Two-Handed (300 JP)
Equip weapon with two hands fro double damage.

Switcharoo (450 JP)
If weapon is broken, take another weapon from inventory, equip it, and attack four times with it.

Move Abilities:

Warp (500 JP)
Move anywhere on battlefield.

If I could set the abilities for the character...

Master Swordskill
All Swordskill
Aura Strikeback
Two-Handed
Warp

"Runeseeker"

"Masters of old lore and magic. Powerful swordsmen with the strength of a thousand knights and mages."

Job Requirements: Level 8 Knight, Level 8 Squire, Level 8 Lancer, Level 8 Wizard, Level 8 Summoner, Level 8 Time Mage, Level 8 Geomancer

Can Equip: Swords, Staffs, Spears, Knightswords, Hats, Clothes, Robes, Any Accessory Except Ribbon If Not Female

If I could equip them...

Ragnarok
-
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Feather Cloak (Or was it Mantle?)

Abilities:

"Rune Swordskill"

Act Abilities:

Illusion Cyclone (300 JP) MP Cost: 30
Attack all enemies with Dark damage. Causes almost all bad satus aliments possible.

Meteo Lightning (800 JP) MP Cost: 55
A storm of Meteors fall from the sky. Randomly hits all units on the field except the user.

Crimson Bloodbath (850 JP) MP Cost: 65
Drain all enemies' HP and MP.

Tetra Flare (865 JP) MP Cost: 70
Attacks all enemies with Ultima damge.

Giga Flare (885 JP) MP Cost: 80
A mix of Ultima and Flare. Hits all enemies.

Oblivion (850 JP) MP Cost: ???
Sacrifices as much MP as an eigth of his/her HP to damage all enemies by how much damage has been done to all units on the field, including dead ones and crystalized or treasurized ones.

Terra Flare (999 JP) MP Cost: 150
Obliterates all enemies with Holy and Dark damage. It either crystalizes, majorly damages, or kills all enemies.

Zero Reality (999 JP) MP Cost: All
Kills all allies except user to kill all enemies except the weakest one or bosses.

Reaction Abilities:

Bonecrusher (450 JP)
Attacks enemy before attacked for four times damage.

Spellcaster's Oath (500 JP)
When attacked, uses a Rune Swordskill attack without any costs. Random attack.

Support Abilities:

Offering (999 JP)
Halves max MP to make attack 8 times stronger.

Tomb Keeper (500 JP)
Halves the cost of spells.

Immortal One (999 JP)
Cuts MP consuming attacks' MP costs to 1.

O' Mighty One (9999 JP)
Adds the effects of Offering and Immortal One together. Quadruples max MP.

Move Abilities:

Move +15 (800 JP)
You get it.

If I could choose what abilities to use...

Rune Swordskill
Master Swordskill
Bonecrusher
O' Mighty One
Move +15

--------------------
Let's see you figure out the truth of this quote...dun dun dun.

"The following sentence is true. The preceding sentence is a lie."

Yeah, that was lame. <_<
Post #55902
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: