CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Terraria

Posted: 15th October 2013 12:42

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Last week, I heard that v1.2 came out (I had seen a preview video of it back in May) so I started playing Terraria again. I thought I'd see who on CoN plays it and how. I'm just gonna throw out some thoughts to start off.

I first started playing this game at my friend's behest in late 2012. I stopped before reaching hard mode but really enjoyed the "lego" feel of building your own structures. Back in the spring of this year I started playing again and decided to try hard mode. I basically went all-out trying to make all the end-game weapons and armor. All that time, I only played solo and used every type of weapon (melee, ranged, and magic).

Now that 1.2 is out and giving me a new reason to play, I can actually make use of that end-game gear I made and then stored away. I've decided to try and limit myself to mostly ranged. The flamethrower is fantastic for crowd control and the Megashark is great for bosses so those are my two primary weapons now.

I think my favorite part of the new patch is the Clentaminator. If you don't know it's like a flamethrower that can change the properties of terrain. It's so much faster at cleaning up the Corruption than my old method of digging tunnels every 10 squares and rappelling down throwing purification powder.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #205093
Posted: 15th October 2013 13:28

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Oh they have turbo purification now? Much, much better.

I played extensively around version 1.1 and 1.12. I have my own world from version 1.1 (or was it 1.0?), which I purposely avoided turning hardmode, but I would routinely play on the TV Tropes forum's unofficial server, which was in hardmode.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #205095
Posted: 15th October 2013 13:41

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 15th October 2013 09:28)
Oh they have turbo purification now?  Much, much better.

It is! The Corruption is depressing, so I'm glad I can blast it away now.

Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 15th October 2013 09:28)
I would routinely play on the TV Tropes forum's unofficial server, which was in hardmode.

I have hangups about playing with strangers, so that's keeping me from playing on public servers. When you played on the TVTropes server did you keep a storage box on that server or just keep taking stuff back to your world?

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #205096
Posted: 15th October 2013 14:05

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I think I made a small base for myself, consisting of a room. I also kept a trash can there I think, and I regularly used the provided safe.

The other people there built elaborate bases. One of them built a tower with one story of every known material and every color. Another two people each built a floating airship base. Someone else built an extensive security system for incinerating zombies and goblins at the flick of a switch.

Last I heard, each individual player is still getting used to v1.2 and they haven't set up a new world yet.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 15th October 2013 14:08

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205097
Posted: 15th October 2013 14:54

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
The Clentaminator sounds like it might help bring me back to the game! I have been currently working on cleaning the pre-hardmore corruption first on my single player world (which for some reason made the biggest world possible...whyyyy!) so that it can't spread along with the major corruption once you hit hardmode. With this blaster though, there should be no worries. I had been cleaning block by block with the purification powder before, so this is a godsend. I can finally move on smile.gif
Post #205098
Posted: 17th October 2013 12:01

Black Mage

Awards:
I beat Plantera (new Jungle Hardmode boss) after a few unsuccessful attempts and got a grenade launcher. That's a thing now too.

EvilEye, the Clentaminator can be a bit costly but so worth it.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #205113
Posted: 6th March 2014 13:28

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I put about 80 hours in 1.1.

Loved the game. I had basically everything I wanted pre hard mode and ended up starting hard mode, talk about a difficulty spike. Well, I had a good bit of the stuff I wanted in that version, but not everything. For whatever reason I ended up slacking off and quit playing it... fired it up recently since they patched it and it's overwhelming how much new stuff there is. Multiple times the amount of stuff they had when I was playing.

I've entertained the idea of getting back into it, but haven't... maybe if I had some people to play with.
Post #206269
Posted: 7th March 2014 02:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting back into the game with a fresh new file to explore all the new features.

What's your Steam name, Billdofski? Mine is QuintSakugarne.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #206290
Posted: 7th March 2014 08:59

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Same as on here.

I'll add you.
Post #206294
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: