CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Good gaming deals

Posted: 11th July 2013 19:35

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Steam Summer Sale is here! July 11 - 22nd get 'em while they're hot.
Post #203851
Posted: 11th July 2013 19:42

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (TheEvilEye @ 11th July 2013 15:35)
Steam Summer Sale is here! July 11 - 22nd get 'em while they're hot.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is mine!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #203852
Posted: 13th July 2013 10:30

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
What kind of time was this to bury a Ys I & II Chronicles flash sale?!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810/

$5.09 for another less than seven hours or so. Basically, until 1 PM eastern U.S. time, today (Saturday 13 July 2013).

Same goes for Ys Origin: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/

and Ys: the Oath in Felghana: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207320/

That said, Ys Oath has gone down to $3.74 (-75%) before, and Ys Origin has gone down to $4.99 (-75% again) before too...so, your choice if you wanna wait on those. (I have observed how they never bring Elder Scrolls down to 50% "base discount" during sales anymore though.)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 13th July 2013 10:47

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #203867
Posted: 13th August 2013 21:02

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Pretty insane Groupee deal here: http://groupees.com/doujin. 14 doujin items, with a 15th and 16th added if they meet certain purchasing goals, which seem likely. Most of them are visual novels, but there are is a decent variety here, including a techno album and a fighting game (made by ex-SNK staff!). $1.50 minimum, which is basically nothing. I'd buy it for the fighter alone.

--------------------
Post #204175
Posted: 17th August 2013 00:50

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Oh yeah, I bought that early on. Sorry I haven't been around to pimp it! I've heard great things about Ether Vapor, and Croixleur (which I have) is a challenging hack-and-slash arena game. War of the Human Tanks (which I also have) is a strategy game with some real-time aspects -- I've heard someone describe it as a tactical game with a Final Fantasy ATB. Satazius is another shmup; Pester a bullet hell shmup. The rest are visual novels, so if you ever want to pick up several for cheap and try them out, this is a great time; in particular, I've heard good things about Dysfunctional Systems. (Also, Jisei/Kansei/Yousei is a series.)

There are six hours left on this if you haven't picked it up yet!

Also, you can get Mirror's Edge for a dollar from Humble Bundle, and Indie Gala is offering the eXceed series and Oniken (and some other games like Painkiller and Trainz Simulator) in a bundle.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #204242
Posted: 18th September 2013 02:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
La-Mulana on Steam is $3 until Sept. 23!

If you don't know what that is, I'll refer you to a comparison that I read randomly on the internet: "It's like a 2D Dark Scrolls". Now I haven't played Dark Souls, but going by what I've heard of it (and what I know of La-Mulana), the comparison seems reasonable.

Also, the current Indie Royale bundle includes 100% Orange Juice, a mascot card/board game featuring characters from other doujin games by Orange_Juice (such as sora, SUGURI, and Flying Red Barrel), as well as DIVO, a game that's heavily inspired by the old game Nebulus (a.k.a. Tower Toppler, a.k.a. Castelian).

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 18th September 2013 02:37

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #204489
Posted: 20th September 2013 03:24

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite as a $20 bundle (PC download)
BioShock and BioShock 2 in a $5 bundle (also PC)

This post has been edited by laszlow on 20th September 2013 03:25

--------------------
Post #204504
Posted: 20th September 2013 12:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (laszlow @ 19th September 2013 23:24)

If you have any love for story-driven FPS, you're nuts if you don't go for that $20 bundle. Well, nuts or you already have all three games.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #204509
Posted: 11th October 2013 18:46

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Capcom 30th Anniversary sale on Steam. Includes Devil May Cry, Street FIghter, Resident Evil, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet, Remember Me, and Dark Void games.

Also includes their indie-publishing entries -- Ether Vapor Remaster, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, and the eXceed series!

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205026
Posted: 29th November 2013 12:40

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Some of you may've already heard but if any of you U.S. shoppers are to brave hunting deals in the storefronts today, I thought it'd be worth noting that according to Nintendo's twitter, Target is going to have a day-after-thanksgiving sale on the 3DS XL. $50 off for all models, including the awesome looking [mostly] golden Link Between Worlds edition (which still costs $20 extra).

$170 seems like a good price and If that spiffy limited edition Pikachu Edition 3DS XL which Target once before offered a similar price drop on, serves as any indicator, I bet the Link Between Worlds edition will spike up in price once it's sold out. As such, even if you don't want one, it might be worth considering as an investment, albeit keeping in mind that from early unboxing videos the game included is a cupon code for a download, rather than a physical version of the game (which may matter for game collectors and possibly mean that it could eventually expire). If worse comes to worse, you could possibly undersell M.S.R.P. at a later date, while still making a personal profit.

Take care and good luck my fellow CoNmen.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 29th November 2013 12:52

--------------------
Post #205670
Posted: 1st December 2013 20:47

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Steam's Autumn/Spring sale is now going on. They've got this nifty thing where the bottom of the screen is inverted, as if it were the other hemisphere. For a time, you could click the wishlist there and get a random person's wishlist, though unfortunately said random person isn't necessarily from the other hemisphere.

Eryi's Action is now on Steam, for $4. It's a puzzle platformer in the form of a troll game. (Base price $5.) If you've played Syobon Action (a.k.a. "Cat Mario"), you'll recognize the style since the same lead dev worked on this game. (It's basically a unique-branded, spiritual remake of that game.)

Ether Vapor Remaster, a really cool cinematic shmup that's forgiving for newbies but challenging for score-challengers, is on sale at 75% off for just $2. Check it out here.

Also, there's an Indie Royale out with several new games, the Debut 7 Bundle.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 1st December 2013 20:49

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205691
Posted: 2nd December 2013 15:35

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
For people who think Target or Zelda sucks, those who might think the blinged out gold is a little gawdy or just missed the deal or are just looking for a second chance to get a discount on a 3DS 'cause they couldn't make it to the stores, you might wanna check out this deal Best Buy has going on for the Mario&Luigi 3DS.

Granted, those of you who are avid Kotaku readers may've already heard but it gets just a little better though. What you may not've noticed is if you order it online today, then it pick it up in the store within 8 days, you get $10 in gift codes for every $100 you spend on electronics up to $50 per order. I'm not sure if any exclusions apply but I suppose this means you'll automatically get $10 worth for picking up the 3DS XL and an additional $10 just for adding a game.

Speaking of games, Best Buy also has Rayman Legends for Wii U at half off, if for some reason you don't already have Rayman Legends for your Wii U.

Granted, the coupon thing's probably just a ploy to get you to buy more stuff at best buy after the sales are over or maybe even spend more than you otherwise would without spending the discount codes at all but if you shop there frequently, it's worth considering.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 2nd December 2013 16:07

--------------------
Post #205700
Posted: 20th December 2013 19:25

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
If you're looking for Squenix titles on iOS, look no further because most of them are on sale! http://toucharcade.com/2013/12/20/square-e...-and-much-more/

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #205866
Posted: 22nd December 2013 04:51

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Also, Final Fantasy VII is on sale for $4.03 (66% off base price of $11.99) on Steam.

Edit: Oh, it was already in the newspost. Oh well.

I'll probably post in this thread again when the Ys games go on big sale. I missed it for the Carpe Fulgur games; that happened on the first day of the Steam sales event.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 22nd December 2013 04:55

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205877
Posted: 22nd December 2013 18:31

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Okay I forgot some really interesting games that I'd like to post about but aren't Ys games. One of them surpasses the difficulty and intensity of an Ys game, though.

Among current flash sales are:

La-Mulana for $1.49
Duck Tales Remastered for $5.99

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205878
Posted: 27th December 2013 00:35

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
I guess this qualifies as a deal: the first episode in "A Wolf Among Us" series is free on XBL, for this week only I believe. Normally I'd scoff at episodic types of games, but after going through it this morning, I may have to change that opinion, 'cause it was awesome. It's taking characters from folklore and fables and setting them in this seedy reimagination of New York. Good point-and-clicky noir (with some QTEs even!) and the voice work is great.

Kinda short, but someone looking to kill a little time (or maybe fans of the comic it's based off) should have their appetite whetted. All episodes should be out by summer '14, so at least it's not being drawn out too much.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #205887
Posted: 31st December 2013 18:17

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Well, it's finally happening: all the Ys games on Steam are on flash sale, 75% off!

Ys Origin for $4.99
Ys: the Oath in Felghana for $3.74
Ys I & II Chronicles for $3.74

Let's end 2013 with a bang!

By the way, I've heard that it's the success of the Ys games that convinced Falcom to bring Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky's first and second chapters to the west.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #205901
Posted: 31st December 2013 18:32

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Shotgunnova @ 26th December 2013 20:35)
I guess this qualifies as a deal: the first episode in "A Wolf Among Us" series is free on XBL, for this week only I believe. Normally I'd scoff at episodic types of games, but after going through it this morning, I may have to change that opinion, 'cause it was awesome. It's taking characters from folklore and fables and setting them in this seedy reimagination of New York. Good point-and-clicky noir (with some QTEs even!) and the voice work is great.

Kinda short, but someone looking to kill a little time (or maybe fans of the comic it's based off) should have their appetite whetted. All episodes should be out by summer '14, so at least it's not being drawn out too much.

Thanks, I will have to check that out if it's still ongoing the next time I start up my Xbox!

--------------------

Post #205902
Posted: 18th February 2014 23:06

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
New Humble Indie Bundle is pretty strong:

Pay What You Want
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
The Swapper

Pay Above the Average ($4.18 at time of this posting)
Everything in that first list, plus...
Antichamber
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

The deal lasts for another two weeks, and all games come with soundtracks as well. Hell, I'd pay the $4.19 just for Dust and its soundtrack.

--------------------
Post #206165
Posted: 19th February 2014 15:44

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I bought that and the first thing I grabbed...was the Guacamelee soundtrack.

Priorities, man.

But yeah. That's a nice deal there.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 19th February 2014 15:49

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #206166
Posted: 1st June 2014 12:00

SOLDIER

Awards:
Although its reached the point where most of humblebundles bundles probably aren't worth mentioning, I still feel fairly certain that the Humble Weekly Bundle should have every opportunity to catch your attention, since I'm certain more than a few of you would want. Afterall you guys have spoken so much about R.P.G. maker in the past.

It includes R.P.G. maker XV Ace, some R.P.G games, extra resource packs at the base level and more of the same with more of the same, with R.P.G. Maker X.P. and at the $12 you get a couple of other items alongside, Character Creator Hub, which looks like a pixel editor with some R.P.G. maker specific features.

Overall it's a pretty nice looking package and there are four days and six hours left, as of this particular writing. I'll definitely be picking this one up, later guys.

P.S. Also, you may want to check out the associated contest they're holding this month in association with the Humble Bundlel for designing any indie game of any genre, within the rules of the contest. It should also be noteworthy that RPG Maker XV Ace Lite edition is free if you want to try something out before investing anything further or if you happen miss the bundle. (I haven't studied the differences yet, so I couldn't say what they are.)

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 1st June 2014 12:22

--------------------
Post #206989
Posted: 2nd June 2014 19:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I didn't discover until today that, at least in the US, Canada, and the UK, people who purchase Mariocrat 8 can get a free game through Club Nintendo. You can only choose one of four, but they're not a bad selection: New SMB Wii U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and Wii U Party.

Of course, anyone who had any intention of getting Mairo8 and actually has a Wii U has probably already purchased the game, but seems like if you were on the fence about getting a U this might be a great time to do it - if you buy the Mario8 bundle you still get the bonus game too.

--------------------

Post #207009
Posted: 2nd June 2014 23:22

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 2nd June 2014 20:28)
I didn't discover until today that, at least in the US, Canada, and the UK, people who purchase Mariocrat 8 can get a free game through Club Nintendo. You can only choose one of four, but they're not a bad selection: New SMB Wii U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and Wii U Party.

Of course, anyone who had any intention of getting Mairo8 and actually has a Wii U has probably already purchased the game, but seems like if you were on the fence about getting a U this might be a great time to do it - if you buy the Mario8 bundle you still get the bonus game too.

I would buy the game if Sweden had this deal sad.gif
Post #207014
Posted: 30th July 2014 20:03

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, the First Chapter
now available on PC, in English! Updated PC version contains widescreen support, PSP version features, retouched translation, and voicework (in battle only).

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LOHTS/the-leg...ails-in-the-sky (DRM-free) (maybe also Steam key? unconfirmed)

http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_hero...ails_in_the_sky (DRM-free plus bonus artwork)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150 (with Steam Cloud, chieves, and trading cards, but Steam wrapper DRM)

Base price $19.99; discounted -15% so it's $16.99 until August 5.

Voices are in English, but can be turned off. Fan patch has been made for Japanese voices (not officially available because of license issues): smeone got it to work here.

(Windows only; game reportedly works fine in Wine but this is unconfirmed.)

A couple features -- most notably, the monster book -- will be patched in soon.

The Trails in the Sky trilogy could be described as the War and Peace of JRPGs -- very lengthy script, but a very well-regarded game for its narrative and attention to detail. Talking to every NPC is strongly recommended. Has a battle system that's vaguely similar to Lunar's.

The Second Chapter will be coming late 2014 or early 2015, and is currently being worked on by XSEED and Carpe Fulgur (of Recettear/Chantelise/Fortune Summoners fame).

Sales of the first two Chapters (they're more like whole books, honestly) will determine whether the Third gets localized.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 30th July 2014 20:04

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #207300
Posted: 24th August 2014 05:45

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Steam is up to its usual crazy deals this weekend. The entire Darksiders series is 85% off, the family of Civilization V games and expansions are all 60% to 75% off, the Borderlands series is 75% off, the BioShock series is 75% off (except for the most recent DLC, which is 50% off)... the list goes on. Lots of big sales this weekend.

--------------------
Post #207392
Posted: 1st October 2014 20:52

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
If you're one of those actual iOS gamers who don't already have all these, here are the first six Final Fantasy games in a bundle plus The After Years for $70. Shame there's no Tactics in there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/fina...d918465901?mt=8

--------------------

Post #207508
Posted: 31st October 2014 02:20

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Valkyria Chronicles can be pre-purchased on Steam now.

Yes, it's on PC now. Or rather, it will be sometime in November.

There's a small release discount on it.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #207613
Posted: 22nd November 2014 13:24

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Amazon, at least in the US, dropped the cost of the limited edition of Theatrhythm: Curtain Call by ten bucks for Black Friday.

http://narshe.me/11nfcvV

It's now cheaper than the regular edition!

--------------------

Post #207770
Posted: 28th November 2014 22:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd November 2014 09:24)
Amazon, at least in the US, dropped the cost of the limited edition of Theatrhythm: Curtain Call by ten bucks for Black Friday.

http://narshe.me/11nfcvV

It's now cheaper than the regular edition!

And now Gamestop is doing the same thing for only $20 for Black Friday, solid. Thanks for reminding me, Gabe.

--------------------

Post #207784
Posted: 30th November 2014 20:43

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
As per my newspost, the Square Enix Online Store has put a sale on all sorts of goodies.

Though it looks like they've sold out of Theatrhythm!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #207794
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: