Ultimecia (FFVIII) [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
Kuja (FFIX) [ 1 ]  [3.45%]
Sin (FFX) [ 1 ]  [3.45%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 22nd April 2012 19:04

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
The options were tough to choose for a few, but I mostly chose the ones that were playable in Dissidia or ones that were most evident throughout their respective games.

Now, my opinion? Kefka Palazzo, all the way. Someone said this before: "Sephiroth tried to destroy the world. Kefka did. Sephiroth tried to become a god. Kefka did." That, and Kefka actually was a pretty good villain anyways. That, and he didn't look like a stripper. shifty.gif
Post #200118
Posted: 22nd April 2012 20:46

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Chell172 @ 22nd April 2012 19:04)
The options were tough to choose for a few, but I mostly chose the ones that were playable in Dissidia or ones that were most evident throughout their respective games.

Now, my opinion? Kefka Palazzo, all the way. Someone said this before: "Sephiroth tried to destroy the world. Kefka did. Sephiroth tried to become a god. Kefka did." That, and Kefka actually was a pretty good villain anyways. That, and he didn't look like a stripper. shifty.gif

It isn't that reason that he's the best,it is because he was constantly threatening us,and giving us a reason to hate him.

Sephiroth was always hidden from view,and in such:we don't get as much from him.

We hear from him a lot,but he never shows up.

The destroying the world really isn't as important,because the world reverts to the world of light.I'm not even sure if the people come back to life because it undoes itself.If i go into a time machine and kill ted bundy,would i not prevent the rape and death of women?

If kefka dies,then perhaps its as if he never existed,and so everything touched by him ceases to exist?

The espers disappear because kefka dies.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200125
Posted: 24th April 2012 19:34

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 22nd April 2012 21:46)
Quote (Chell172 @ 22nd April 2012 19:04)

It isn't that reason that he's the best,it is because he was constantly threatening us,and giving us a reason to hate him.

Sephiroth was always hidden from view,and in such:we don't get as much from him.

We hear from him a lot,but he never shows up.

The destroying the world really isn't as important,because the world reverts to the world of light.I'm not even sure if the people come back to life because it undoes itself.If i go into a time machine and kill ted bundy,would i not prevent the rape and death of women?

If kefka dies,then perhaps its as if he never existed,and so everything touched by him ceases to exist?

The espers disappear because kefka dies.

Kefka had a great personality and was not your typical villain, and he really sticks. Sephiroth was just overshadowed by JENOVA and Shinra throughout much of the game, in my opinion, and even then Sephiroth was a rip off of Kefka's final form.
Post #200152
Posted: 24th April 2012 19:58

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
That and hojo.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200153
Posted: 24th April 2012 20:15

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 24th April 2012 20:58)
That and hojo.

Hojo was like Dr. Lugae up until Disc 2: you see him once or twice...
Post #200154
Posted: 24th April 2012 20:22

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I said Garland just because he came out of nowhere to be the boss of the first game. How many expect their first boss fight to be the same guy as their last boss fight? Kefka was a close second, but I knew too many people would choose him.

--------------------
That was my sin. And this... this... is my punishment.
Post #200156
Posted: 25th April 2012 13:47

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Chell172 @ 24th April 2012 20:15)
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 24th April 2012 20:58)
That and hojo.

Hojo was like Dr. Lugae up until Disc 2: you see him once or twice...

Hojo actually appeared a few times.

He was also creepy,and it becomes so also in the second game.
I personally think that hojo is worse than lugae.Lugae was bad no doubt,but he was worse because of the story,and far worse than sephiroth.

Personally,i think that the real villain in ff7,was hojo.He had more backstory than lugae.

Golbez was great too,even if he wasn't the main villain.I liked his musical piece,and his presence.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200160
Posted: 25th April 2012 16:25

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Don't care for any villains.
I'm voting for Ultimecia because I like the battle themes associated with her, especially Premonition.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #200161
Posted: 25th April 2012 17:37

Crusader

Awards:
You mean that laughable ultimecia text after killing the president of galbadia?

Would you be offended if i was slightly attracted to ultimecia?
I actually sort of understood and liked the real edea,not the one possessed by ultimecia.Then again,she does have a bit of a revealing outfit.The fabled battle between squall and seifer was fun to watch,but also meaningles.

I still think that kefka was a better villain than edea and sephiroth.
I liked hojo as a character too,because he was obviously a nut.
I liked golbez,but i also admit that he wasn't really a villain.
I don't like kuja that much,but oh wow that music is good.I find that dark messenger is easily one of my favorite pieces of music right now in final fantasy boss themes.Every single time i seem to listen to it,it just wows me.
I did feel betrayed when gafgarion turned out to be bad in ff tactics,and ff tactics story effected me in a way that suikoden 2 story did.I have to replay it some day,since my computer is new and don't own the actual game.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200162
Posted: 25th April 2012 18:45

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 25th April 2012 12:37)

No I'm pretty sure he's talking about the actual battle theme songs associated with her, ie "I like the battle themes associated with her, especially Premonition."

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #200165
Posted: 25th April 2012 20:57

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Sherick @ 25th April 2012 18:45)

No I'm pretty sure he's talking about the actual battle theme songs associated with her, ie "I like the battle themes associated with her, especially Premonition."

I vaguely remember the theme for the final battle.

I did find the castle theme for ultimecia castle,incredibly catchy.It had that very dracula ish type music,and i am fine with that.

I found seymour's piece more memorable personally,even if he was fairly obvious of a villain.He was deeply mistaken in what he was doing,and had a warped view.Even when you killed him,he refused to die,because of his views.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200168
Posted: 26th April 2012 01:24

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Sherick @ 25th April 2012 18:45)

Yes this is what I meant, I love the battle music associated with her.

Quote (Magitek_slayer)
Would you be offended if i was slightly attracted to ultimecia?

Not at all, your tastes are your own.

I like Seymour's battle music a lot, too.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #200170
Posted: 26th April 2012 07:55

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (ILoveMoombas! @ 26th April 2012 01:24)
[QUOTE=Sherick,25th April 2012 18:45[QUOTE=Magitek_slayer,25th April 2012 12:37]

[QUOTE=Magitek_slayer]Would you be offended if i was slightly attracted to ultimecia?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, your tastes are your own.

I like Seymour's battle music a lot, too.

You know what i call ultimecia?

Big tits mctalks toomuch.

The music i mean,is seymour guado's actual house.I don't find him that memorable personally though.

I did feel betrayed by gafgarion in ff tactics as i said earlier.I thought he was good,and it turned out that he sold out.

Dycedarg,i could imagine him a villain from the start.His intentions are a little more misterious till later on,and we hear more from mr wiegraf.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #200172
Posted: 26th May 2012 14:39

Returner

Quote (Chell172 @ 22nd April 2012 16:04)

I think that considering the main series, I'd say Kefka was well. I mean, he's so awesomely despicable that I think he somewhat overshadows all vilains that came before him.

Although I have to admit, Sepiroth did have a catching theme song.

I said Garland just because he came out of nowhere to be the boss of the first game. How many expect their first boss fight to be the same guy as their last boss fight? Kefka was a close second, but I knew too many people would choose him.

Being the boss of the first game... yeah, man, and even though some may disagree, I think he left quite an impression. Being the first and the last boss is not for everyone.

Golbez was great too,even if he wasn't the main villain. I liked his musical piece,and his presence.

Yeah, he was a good one. I remember that when I heard his theme, I was wowed every single time. He may not be that evil, but he did know how to make an entrance.

I did feel betrayed by gafgarion in ff tactics as i said earlier.I thought he was good,and it turned out that he sold out.

Not me, after I saw him talking like that in the Orbonne Battle I just thought to myself "yeah, that guy is a bastard"... and so he was.

This post has been edited by G. R. Martins on 26th May 2012 19:23

--------------------
"Each hopes to learn who may be counted as friend, and who as foe. But such things are not so easily read. Easier rid yourself of those whose loyalty is uncertain, and install others to rule in their stead." - Wiegraf Folles
Post #200340
Posted: 4th June 2012 02:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I'll vote for golbez just because he was the first FF last boss I defeated and I liked his music . The snes time was great
Post #200369
Posted: 4th June 2012 23:52

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I voted for Kefka because of one simple fact: he's one of the very few villains who actually succeeded in destroying the world while everyone else aspired to do it.

A buddy of mine named Cyan from another fan community has a favorite saying, "Coconuts every year kill more people than Sephiroth actually killed in Final Fantasy VII".

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #200388
Posted: 12th June 2012 20:15

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Kuja. There was just something about him. I always hated that he seemed one step ahead, and the way he manipulated an entire nation by puppeting its queen? Great!
Fabricated a soulless army of black mages? Also amazing, and vile since they were as toys for him.
He was a twisted sunuvagun who had a plethora of issues that ended up becoming his undoing, but he stuck with me in similar ways to Sephiroth, but in the end, I just like him better.

My one wish is that they didn't design him so damned effeminately!

Come on!

Also,
Quote (Chell172 @ 22nd April 2012 16:04)
The options

Being the boss of the first game... yeah, man, and even though some may disagree, I think he left quite an impression. Being the first and the last boss is not for everyone.

I completely agree. That does put him in good for the running.

This post has been edited by Perigryn on 12th June 2012 20:22

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #200450
Posted: 18th June 2012 13:04

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Damn-frickin' Kefka.

There's a black hat for you. "To break this information down succinctly..."

Garland: Sort of a no-show, wouldn't you say? He doesn't really get involved in real villainy until very late in the game, and even then it's dodgy if what he's doing is really all that bad, since it involves a stable timey-wimey ball of time BLUGH my head asplode.

Paramecium: (or whatever) Yeeeeeah. Doesn't even stand up to Gestahl on the villainy scale, mostly because of FF2's atrocious script.

Dark Cloud: Loses almost all villainy points possible to lose for having the stupidest name I have ever heard.

Golbez: Nobody gets to be the top villain of a top villains list if they didn't mean to do their villainy. You have to mean it. And Zemus was the bad guy in Final Fantasy IV, yet he never shows up till the end, and has something like two lines.

Exdeath: Second only to the CLOUD OF DARKNESS on the stupidest villain names list.

Kefka: See below.

Sephiroth: Scores points for being scary. Clearly they learnt their lesson from 6.

Ultimecia: "I'm sorry, could you repeat that XTREME KOOL LETTERZ speech? I was staring at your rack."

Kuja: I'm sorry, Square, but transgender people don't scare me as much as they clearly scare you.

Sin: I have to be honest: I fell asleep playing this game before I figured out what the heck "Sin" was and why it was supposed to be scary, other than possibly provoking an uncomfortable religious discussion on a forum.

But KEF freakin KA!

This is the scary thing about Kefka: he was born just a man, just like you or me. It was through a series of science experiments that he became the way we see him in the game; it wasn't strictly magical. A lab poked him with needles and he lost his freakin mind and started killing stuff cuz he thought it was funny. The implication here?

THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.

Happy Nightmares! blink.gif

Kefka wins.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 18th June 2012 13:19

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #200464
Posted: 18th June 2012 20:29

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Since when does a villain have to scare you?

This post has been edited by Sherick on 18th June 2012 20:29

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #200467
Posted: 18th June 2012 23:53

Dragoon

Awards:
Has to be the psycho clown that is Kefka. He just is memorable and the fact that he is the Joker of gaming helps too.
Post #200469
Posted: 19th June 2012 03:37

Behemoth

Awards:
Before reading the article posted in this forum, I had not put much thought into the fact that Kefka is on screen almost as much as any main character. According to the article, he has the 4th most dialogue of any character in the game, and he barely appears in the second half. When you think about it, he plays a much bigger role than most of the other villains on this list. That, and he's got a much more memorable personality than most.

--------------------
Post #200473
Posted: 19th June 2012 21:04

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I would have to place Kefka as my favorite as well. Whereas most villains merely show the desire to destroy and/or rule the world, Kefka actually succeeds. This made the second half of the game feel so much more dire than most games can accomplish. Looking at the devastation, even though it is depicted in SNES graphics, tears at the heartstrings. His accomplishment, gruesome as it is, set him aside from the rest of the Final Fantasy villains in that he gave the player something to fight for, rather than only something to fight against. As wicked and cruel as he is, I adore him.

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #200480
Posted: 20th June 2012 02:45

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (St Khael @ 19th June 2012 17:04)
I would have to place Kefka as my favorite as well. Whereas most villains merely show the desire to destroy and/or rule the world, Kefka actually succeeds. This made the second half of the game feel so much more dire than most games can accomplish. Looking at the devastation, even though it is depicted in SNES graphics, tears at the heartstrings. His accomplishment, gruesome as it is, set him aside from the rest of the Final Fantasy villains in that he gave the player something to fight for, rather than only something to fight against. As wicked and cruel as he is, I adore him.

I agree, but what's so amazing is that they don't portray him the way that VII does Sephiroth: as some super-powerful being. Instead, Vi gives us this conniving while physically pathetic fiend, and he succeeds not because of power, not even because of intelligence; he achieves his goal because he's insane enough to do it. And that's why it's so powerful, despite graphical limits. When we are expecting even the slightest sign of compassion or remorse, unlike most villains, he doesn't reciprocate. I think that is what makes him so great.

--------------------
Post #200485
Posted: 20th June 2012 08:16

Black Mage

Awards:
Ultimecia! I just loved her flamboyancy and classiness, and her castle was one of the best final dungeons in an RPG for me.

This post has been edited by Auragaea on 20th June 2012 08:17

--------------------
And don't drive your car off a cliff like I did. Girl, no man is worth 10 points on your license.
Post #200490
Posted: 21st June 2012 22:05

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Quote (BlitzSage @ 19th June 2012 21:45)
Quote (St Khael @ 19th June 2012 17:04)

I agree, but what's so amazing is that they don't portray him the way that VII does Sephiroth: as some super-powerful being. Instead, Vi gives us this conniving while physically pathetic fiend, and he succeeds not because of power, not even because of intelligence; he achieves his goal because he's insane enough to do it. And that's why it's so powerful, despite graphical limits. When we are expecting even the slightest sign of compassion or remorse, unlike most villains, he doesn't reciprocate. I think that is what makes him so great.

I feel like that could still apply to Sephiroth too. In a lot of ways, he is very similar to Kefka.

Both poked with needles and had their lives toyed with. Their powers were both fabricated.

They both lost their minds.

They both, more or less, succeeded in their plots but, of course, were thwarted. Kefka's did seem more extreme because we saw the aftermath for a while whereas with Sephiroth, we saw that ominous doomsday device just looming in the sky reminding us we were running out of time. They were both crazy enough to try to/actually destroy the world.

Finally, Sephiroth also had no heart or sympathy. He toyed with Cloud's head and emotions completely, used him as the puppet he was for the most part. Plus, Aeris' death? No hesitation and RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

For the most part, I find Squaresoft usually made pretty heartless and villainous villains, just some weren't nearly as well written as the foes that started with Kefka and the series titles thereafter.

Anyways, just some thoughts to stir the pot happy.gif

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #200500
Posted: 23rd June 2012 23:23

Onion Knight

Awards:

Hello first post here so I hope that this is up to quality standards but I truly do believe that Kefka is the best villain within the chosen FF titles on the poll.

He's completely unpredictable, ruthless, crazy, cold, calculating and manipulative. He's everything a good and well created and designed villain should be.

Not to mention he effects the main characters in a negative outcome that provokes sorrow and pain throughout their life's but also causes them to find a reason; a small glimmer of hope to defeat him before the final showdown between him arises.

The earlier Final Fantasy villains would have setbacks due to a lack of character development caused by the limitations of the NES and sadly has affected their chances of showing players how good a villain they could possibly be. Though I don't blame Square or the NES for this. It's just the way things were.

The later characters after Kefka don't really stand up to his standard of villary.
Sephiroth is rather dull and feels like a cardboard sprite in my eyes. Ultimecia
is just really a female version of Golbez and feels uncreative.

Seymour is just a messed up pedophile/ stalker and instead of creating a feel of evil; he rather creates a tone of silliness and non threat. He clearly just wants Yuna in his bed, but he's too messed up mentally to create that mission possible and ends up looking like a weirdo and a goon.

Kuja however does come pretty close with Kefka. Kuja while at the beginning feels like a cliche pretty boy type manga villain; in the end his character becomes well developed and quite deep. Kuja is the only villain in the series that feels human. Quite ironic considering his true form; but who doesn't feel misunderstood or have a slight case of sibling rivalry ?

Vayne just like Sephiroth feels incredibly dry and bland to me and I had no idea who the main villain was in FF XIII; that left me feeling rather confused and Caius is quite a decent bad-guy; though no way near as the beautiful standards of Kefka's craziness and pure evil hate.

--------------------
Top Three fave Final Fantasies Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V [ GBA ]
Post #200518
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: