CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
remake of ff5

Posted: 7th October 2010 18:10

Returner

i hope they remake this game because i never go a chance to play this game and decpite what people say from the look of vids on youtube it dosnt look like that bad of a game so i really hope that they remake ff5 on the ds happy.gif what do u think ??
Post #188275
Posted: 7th October 2010 18:18

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I imagine they probably will remake it for DS, since they've done it for III and IV, and SquareEnix does love remaking their games. And V is a lot of fun, if you liked the other games in the SNES trilogy, you'll probably like it as well. The story's not as developed as IV or VI but it's got an absolutely killer job system a la Final Fantasy Tactics that makes for a lot of variation in gameplay. Highly recommended.

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #188278
Posted: 7th October 2010 21:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Yeah, I hope they remake this and VI, which apparently, they've already begun working on but it's being delayed at the moment.

Honestly, if they remake those two games, I'll miss the classic 2D look of the games, but 3D remakes would be great.

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #188291
Posted: 8th October 2010 04:05

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
They could always include the classic version as an unlockable feature, the way Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles includes classic Rondo.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #188302
Posted: 8th October 2010 14:50

Dragoon

Awards:
I can see it as a DS remake, but in my case I am happy with the GBA version (as with IV).

Although I want PS3 remakes of FFVII-IX before anything.
Post #188307
Posted: 8th October 2010 15:21
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I personally wish they would import FF 3 (the real FF 3) and instead of putting it on a handheld, they would put it on the ps1! Then anyone who has a ps 1 2 or 3 could play it. And it would finish off the set.
Post #188308
Posted: 8th October 2010 20:54

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (trismegistus @ 7th October 2010 14:18)
And V is a lot of fun, if you liked the other games in the SNES trilogy, you'll probably like it as well. The story's not as developed as IV or VI but it's got an absolutely killer job system a la Final Fantasy Tactics that makes for a lot of variation in gameplay. Highly recommended.

Can't really disagree with any of that, but some of the jobs are a bit weak. Leveling a Red Mage to max is excruciating and unrewarding for example.

FF5 does offer a number of "optional" challenges which require the player to come up with thoughtful strategies rather than just selecting "Attack" repeatedly. My first encounter with Gilturtle was very frustrating, and don't forget Omega. The game has good replay value.

--------------------
FFO on PSX: Killed Chaos w/ 4 level 49 Black Wiz's
Post #188309
Posted: 8th October 2010 20:56
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I will certainly agree on the leveling the red mage part. Ugh it was horrible. At least it was nice when someone died in battle, you know you could revive them and heal them somewhat before the next attack killed them again.

Gilgame sucks, end of story. I had yet to beat him sad.gif

I never went back to try Omega or Shinryu. I may have to break the game out and try that.

This post has been edited by Aeris-Logan on 8th October 2010 20:57
Post #188310
Posted: 10th November 2010 22:20

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I'm trying to remember exactly how I beat Gilgame. I actually developed a strategy which I repeated to defeat him many times in order to build up money. It definitely involved summoning Golem a lot, and casting Protect/Shell on everyone (and Haste2). I'm pretty sure my main means of damage was with Ice3 Sword, with a few Ice3 spells and Lvl3 Flares thrown in whenever I didn't need to heal. I think you can Slow him, too.

This post has been edited by Reod Dai on 24th November 2010 00:34
Post #189274
Posted: 10th November 2010 23:17

Onion Knight

Awards:
i have not played the original cant ind a copy in english but i have played it on the gba (game boy advance) its awesome!!!!

--------------------
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]BLAMO

you have been ninjad
Post #189280
Posted: 11th November 2010 02:52

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
While I personally don't like FFV in the slightest (unsurprising, seeing as I'm someone who's all about the story), I would fully expect to see a remake of some kind sometime in the next few years. The FFIV DS remake was successful, so I can't see how squenix would not go for a remake of some sort: even if it was restricted to a handheld.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #189298
Posted: 11th November 2010 04:35

Cactuar

Awards:
Hopefully it will come out on the DS 3D pretty soon with FF 6.

This post has been edited by ZidaneTribal on 11th November 2010 04:38

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #189303
Posted: 11th November 2010 14:32

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (ZidaneTribal @ 11th November 2010 04:35)

I thought i heard something about ff6 being delayed for the next gen hand held console.

I can-t remember if it mentioned in this forum or if i was looking for something else and found it to link to another forum.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #189317
Posted: 11th November 2010 14:40

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 11th November 2010 14:32)
Quote (ZidaneTribal @ 11th November 2010 04:35)

I thought i heard something about ff6 being delayed for the next gen hand held console.

I can-t remember if it mentioned in this forum or if i was looking for something else and found it to link to another forum.

I think you're a little confused there. The 3DS IS the next-gen handheld people think will get any FF5/FF6 remakes. Something more than rumours and whispers would be lovely but considering that the majority of 3DS info in the first place is unconfirmed or subject to change, game info is thin on the ground.

I doubt Square-Enix have leaked that they plan to simultaneously launch FF5 and FF5 3DS at the same time, with options to change Terra's hair colour and Butz/Bartz's name to whichever pronunciation is the most hilarious, because AFAIK they've said pretty much nothing on the prospect of 3D remakes of 2D games recently.

This post has been edited by Del S on 11th November 2010 14:42

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #189318
Posted: 11th November 2010 15:53

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
All I've seen is that they're considering it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...-Remakes-On-3DS
Post #189319
Posted: 11th November 2010 16:37

Engineer

Awards:
Ug...curse you and your remakes, Squeenix...now I might need to buy a 3DS too? Stick with one handheld, guys!

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #189322
Posted: 29th November 2010 21:42
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I, for one, would not like to see more classic Final Fantasy games get butchered by this horrendous company. The GBA rerelease of Final Fantasy V was awful enough to make me crawl my ass back to emulating the Super Famicom original. No more, please.

This post has been edited by Allen Hunter on 29th November 2010 21:43
Post #190199
Posted: 30th November 2010 15:36

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Allen Hunter @ 29th November 2010 16:42)
I, for one, would not like to see more classic Final Fantasy games get butchered by this horrendous company. The GBA rerelease of Final Fantasy V was awful enough to make me crawl my ass back to emulating the Super Famicom original. No more, please.

You don't have to play them, you know...

--------------------
"Some fight for justice. Some fight for law . . .
. . .Cecil, what will you fight for?"

~KluYa
Post #190233
Posted: 5th December 2010 22:18

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Allen Hunter @ 29th November 2010 16:42)

I can't really imagine how it was awful, man. It was almost literally the exact same game with face portraits and new classes. What was so terrible about it?

--------------------
//www.rpgmaker.net/
We make games. Period.
Post #190591
Posted: 6th December 2010 02:48

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
The face portraits were awful. Same goes with FF4.

It would have been better had they stuck with the bright colors of the sprites and just left out face portraits, or if they had gone with a more animesque style, perhaps like that of FFTA.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #190599
Posted: 7th December 2010 20:30

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Ugh. I much rather appreciate Amano's work than anything anime, honestly. I mean I don't hate anime or anything, but I'm just sick of seeing it, man. If nothing else, Amano's artwork is refreshing to look at because it's so different.

--------------------
//www.rpgmaker.net/
We make games. Period.
Post #190695
Posted: 7th December 2010 22:07
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Tryscal The Great @ 7th December 2010 20:30)
Ugh. I much rather appreciate Amano's work than anything anime, honestly. I mean I don't hate anime or anything, but I'm just sick of seeing it, man. If nothing else, Amano's artwork is refreshing to look at because it's so different.

This. The portraits didn't look that bad, compared to the anime fan arts I've seen around the Internet of the characters in the game.

Anyway, I did not like the GameBoy Advance remake because the BGM sounded terrible, certain parts of the game would lag (such as that one burning forest scene, with all the fire charsets placed around the map), the field sprites looked vomit-worthy, and the new dungeon was laughable as it was no better than Final Fantasy IV's.

Also, I've seen the screenshots of the cavern maps for Final Fantasy VI's new dungeon and it looked like something a 12-year-old with Down's designed on RPG Maker 2000. Sorry, but I've already given SquareEnix two chances at hopefully "improving" the FF SNES classics for fans like myself. However, they did it all wrong and I no longer care about their drivel.

Screw you SquareEnix, I'm going home.
Post #190703
Posted: 8th December 2010 05:52

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (GamblingCat @ 8th October 2010 14:50)
I can see it as a DS remake, but in my case I am happy with the GBA version (as with IV).

Seconded. I have no real problem with the GBA version of FFV; even though I thought the Cloister of the Dead was pretty underwhelming, the Sealed Temple gave me some REAL challenges (Grand Aevis, Neo Shinryu, room o' Omegas...), and I liked it - even if the encounter rate DID seem high, which discouraged me from exploring somewhat.

I also liked how the new jobs were useful without becoming instant game breakers - even the almighty Finisher had a significant chance of failing or landing a Critical Hit instead of Elemental Attack. I only wish they had made the Oracle job more tolerable; that way, I would actually WANT to use it, instead of resorting to hours of grinding at the Castle of Bal to get the awesome ABP Up and Read Ahead abilities.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #190720
Posted: 10th December 2010 05:02

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Tryscal The Great @ 7th December 2010 15:30)

I guess your mileage may vary, then. I much prefer the sort of generic animesque style that Fire Emblem has, for character portraits.

That said, Allen Hunter, what do you think of FFIV DS? What if they made FFV DS?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #190856
Posted: 20th December 2010 04:43

Returner

Awards:
I need FFV remake. I don't care what console it's on, except 3DS. Dammit, 3D isn't even that cool anyway.

--------------------
ENUO > you. It's just a proven fact.

Why should the aged angel stretch its wings?
Post #191336
Posted: 22nd December 2010 07:19

Returner

Yes they really need to remake FFV and FFVI and stop rereleasing FFIV a million times.
Post #191396
Posted: 22nd December 2010 17:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (BlueStealth @ 22nd December 2010 08:19)
Yes they really need to remake FFV and FFVI and stop rereleasing FFIV a million times.

This. FFV has only been released once or twice in west, it needs more love!
Post #191420
Posted: 2nd January 2011 04:45

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
A FF5 remake would be great. It and 6 would be the best combo releases ever. wub.gif

Its too bad the port to the Wii is probably gonna be SE's "remake". cry.gif
All we get are ports for FF5, it needs some serious remakin'! FF5 is my second favorite game and I always wanted to know what Buntz/Bartz would look like on his Chocobo xD

--------------------
Post #191756
Posted: 2nd January 2011 12:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Oh right, it's coming to Virtual Console. I wonder if it will have the script of the GBA version? Because the original was Japan only.
Post #191775
Posted: 2nd January 2011 19:42

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
I think most people's gripe with the GBA release of FFV is the poor attempt at humor in the game's revamped dialogue. Other than that, I can't really see how anyone would complain or compare it to the original SNES version, it's virtually identical.

I will whine about one thing, though: for the final job, Necromancer is pretty underpowered. I'll take Gladiator/Mime combos any day of the week.
Post #191783
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: