CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Happy birthday CoNChat!

Posted: 13th January 2012 16:17

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
It's a decade old this week, according to the CoN calendar.

... that's crazy.

http://bit.ly/CoNchat

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #199001
Posted: 13th January 2012 16:52

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Happy birthday to my very first IRC channel.

I still remember when I wandered onto other networks and wondered why there was no ChanServ sitting around at the top...lol.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #199002
Posted: 13th January 2012 17:05

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Here's to a wasted decade of my life!

I kid, I kid.

It's actually so commonplace for me to be in there that it is actually very very strange if I'm on vacation for a week and don't spend any time in the chat. It's a great group of folks and we've become close over the years. I estimate there are only a handful of people that have been active throughout the entirety of chat (Myself, Josh, Tiddles, ZH), but there are dozens who have been active for years at a time, whether back when we started or now. If you haven't joined us yet, give it a shot. We can be assholes but we mean well!

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #199003
Posted: 13th January 2012 20:05

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
And it's now that I realize how long it has been since I used it. Man. Either way, lots of good times on there, and it still the only IRC channel I ever really used tongue.gif

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #199005
Posted: 14th January 2012 04:24
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Certainly not my first IRC experience (even if I had joined a decade ago as opposed to almost five years ago), but congrats.

The ops used to be more kick-crazy back in the day, I remember that.
Post #199008
Posted: 14th January 2012 13:54

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
A decade? Really? Happy birthday then, chat!
Post #199011
Posted: 14th January 2012 14:12

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Gosh, it's been that long. I've only been around for the past year and a half or so, but it's certainly been a main part of my internet life during that time.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #199012
Posted: 14th January 2012 14:32

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Congrats! It was my first IRC experience too.
Post #199014
Posted: 14th January 2012 16:36

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Happy birthday CoNChat! It was my first IRC experience as well. I should really idle there more....

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #199015
Posted: 14th January 2012 20:15

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
Oh, CoNchat. I haven't always been loyal to you, I wasn't always around when you needed me, but I just can't quit you, girl. Happy birthday, chat. Bing bing choi smile.gif.

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #199016
Posted: 14th January 2012 22:17

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Finally a birthday worth celebrating. Can't believe I've been idling in it for a decade now.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #199017
Posted: 15th January 2012 10:37

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Heh, I guess it has been that long. Nice to know that I idled a good chunk of my time away in #narshe. The thing I need to do now is to get back in there more of late. I used to be quite the regular and I'm sure everyone misses me XD

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #199022
Posted: 16th January 2012 04:53

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Woo! I've been around there for about 5 years now? smile.gif Happy birthday, CoNchat!

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #199035
Posted: 16th January 2012 12:41

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Oh goodness. I haven't been in there for a long time... god knows there's some very old logs of me saying some very silly things. Hell, I'm STILL the #7 chatter of all time, according to the history. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I'll be back!

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #199037
Posted: 20th January 2012 00:18

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
In hindsight it's strange to think it was almost ten years ago I stepped into CoN chat not knowing what to expect. Weirder still to think I was still in high school at the time, mocking Josh for being 24-25 while I'm even older than that now.

Oh well, at least I know you're even older yet!

Cheers, CoN Chat!
Post #199078
Posted: 20th January 2012 06:57

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Yeah, it really helps to just think about Josh if you ever feel old.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #199081
Posted: 20th January 2012 23:58

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Ten years, huh? And to think some of you might have actually created some substantial memories in a chat application during that time.

I recall some of my times there, though, some of which weren't exactly my prouder moments tongue.gif .

--------------------
Post #199083
Posted: 22nd January 2012 10:33

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Galsic @ 20th January 2012 19:58)
Ten years, huh? And to think some of you might have actually created some substantial memories in a chat application during that time.

This is absolutely true. I have extremely fond memories from when I was back in highschool and would come home each day, plant myself in front of the computer, then sit til far after my bedtime. It was especially during those 0-6 hours where I recall having the best time. It's strange to think sometimes that the omnipresent threat of a kickban/zinger from R51 or Neal might be one of the biggest reasons I learned social tact and manners (not to mention at least par-level grammar).

I also used to have chatlogs saved of some of ZH and MG's excellent-adventure-RPG-Funtime; episodes of which usually involved Zero eating at least one NPC's corpse, and me attempting to lie my way out of every situation. What seems like a REALLY long time ago, we even had a single session with Figaro that involved rape, thievery, arson, assault, and indecent exposure.

Oh, nostalgia... wub.gif

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #199094
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: