Porom [ 4 ]  [8.89%]
Total Votes: 45
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 17th December 2010 09:39

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
holy bajeebus, Rosa!

cecil (see-sil, i refuse to pronounce his name seh-sil, its too lame sounding)

i got a thing for white mages, though.

robes on the floor... *drool* HAWTNESS!

--------------------
Come closer, FEEL my wrath.

"fear not what you do not know or understand, for only fear is but one aspect of what limits us"
- Me
Post #191240
Posted: 11th December 2011 22:21

Returner

Awards:
While it's very close, I had to take Rosa. When I first played IV for the SNES in the early 90s, I actually felt like I needed to save her. I felt the relationship between her and Cecil was that well done. However, Rydia is pretty cool herself. Her abilities are second to none, she suffers quite a plight throughout the game. My vote goes to Rosa, however, probably simply because of her status as the game's main heroine. Weak, but I guess that's my reasoning.

--------------------
-I'm not a thief, I'm a treasure hunter-

My Anime List - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MaidenVarius

My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/maidenvarius
Post #198436
Posted: 30th May 2012 13:54

Returner

Quote (Kjelfalconer @ 21st October 2010 17:54)
...Porom repeatedly hit Palom over the head when he was rude...
That has to give some points...

That is something to laugh about.

I'd pick... don't know, the problem is the three are mages and I do like my mages. happy.gif

--------------------
"Each hopes to learn who may be counted as friend, and who as foe. But such things are not so easily read. Easier rid yourself of those whose loyalty is uncertain, and install others to rule in their stead." - Wiegraf Folles
Post #200361
Posted: 31st May 2012 07:16

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Haha! Wow! This thread is kind of old.. I'm really surprised to find that I hadn't voted in it. So I thought for awhile and I had to give Rydia my vote. I just really love her character and her physical design. She was really earthy and made such an amazing vision of a summoner, to me. As a kid I imagined her really being in touch with the earth and drawing massive spiritual power from it.

Though I will say, in battle she could be frustrating to have, especially at first, having such low HP. I felt that Rosa was a more useful character for the most part. We all know you can't make it through the game without a good white mage.

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #200365
Posted: 4th June 2012 06:12

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Gonna be boring and go with Rydia, even though I do think she's a pretty overrated character.

I never liked Rosa, and Porom never really made an impression on me.
Post #200373
Posted: 10th June 2012 16:01

Onion Knight

Awards:
U voted for Rydia cause Rosa is like a stereotype girl always saying "Oh please save me" but Rydia is a strong girl (even if she has low hp) and Porom I don't know I just wouldn't pick her
Post #200432
Posted: 29th July 2013 12:38

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
This is a case in which I will say screw political correctness.

I chose Rydia because I always found her adult form sexually exciting. She doesn't do anything particularly overt, but Rosa always struck me as too much of a goody-two-shoes. Rydia is dangerous, mysterious, and above all, passionate and strong-willed.

She's hot stuff, and I don't care who hears me say it.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #204027
Posted: 29th July 2013 14:35

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I was never fond of Rosa when I was younger, but in later years and attempts to play, I found her to be an amazingly strong woman in her own right. one she gets past he r nigh on blind love for Cecil and comes to terms with it,, she develops an emotional strength not often seen in modern female leads. One also has to take into account that during her captivity there is a large chance that she had been raped at tortured, which yes, I know isn't something we want to think about, but in order to keep Cecil going, they must had to do something to her short of crucifying her, I love this lady!

Coming back from that ordeal shows as strength we have only since seen in Terra Branford who came back from hell with a lack of her memory and a hidden ferocity

Rydia always has been one of my favorite characters due to the changes that come over her throughout the story. Her forgiveness of Cecil in the end shows a kinder ha=art than many and a strength beyond most. Coming to terms with her mother's death y choice and not demand worked wonders for her in the later game. Although, I think we can all agree in her hair being freay as all get out in the DS version. *Shudder* I've seen some good cosplays of her though.

Prom will forever hold a special place in my heart as she was the perfect sister in my opinion, keeping her brother in line while remaining spiritual and not afraid to leave the temple and adventure the world. Heaven bless her little pixel soul.

This post has been edited by St Khael on 29th July 2013 14:37

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #204028
Posted: 29th July 2013 21:15

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
It is a hard choice for me. I like Rosa because I like her gentleness, but Rydia is more useful to me as a PC. And Porom... you gotta love Porom. I think of all of them, though, I would have to say Rydia is my favorite, even if she is a little overrated.
Edit
Hmm, you know, actually, in the course of the last few months, Rosa has grown on me. A lot. I think that now that I am a little older, I would put Rosa on top any day. She is so much stronger than Rydia; I mean, Rydia is strong too, but comparing her to Rosa is like comparing Eowyn to Arwen. Rydia is a great character in her own right, but she's got nothing on Rosa. Except possibly magic. She has better magic.

This post has been edited by RavenLalonde on 11th November 2014 03:18
Post #204038
Posted: 1st August 2013 14:09

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Solid necro work there, Spooniest.

This is a great question, because each of the three ladies here represent a distinctly different type of personality. Porom is entertaining, snarky, etc. Rosa, though not perhaps strong on the battlefield, strikes one as a strong and balanced individual, the kind one would expect in a long-term relationship, supportive yet not naive. Rydia is mysterious, powerful but uncertain: even once grown, you still feel she's young.

So, to be honest, I don't really have a favorite of the three; my prefered varies depending on what sort of mood I'm in.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #204078
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: