CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Who did your cloud go out with?

Who did Cloud go out with on your 1st file on VII?
Aeris [ 61 ]  [47.66%]
Tifa [ 50 ]  [39.06%]
Yuffie [ 7 ]  [5.47%]
Barret [ 10 ]  [7.81%]
Total Votes: 128
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 23rd February 2012 03:39

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd February 2012 19:09)
Quote (BlitzSage @ 22nd February 2012 17:22)
I think the game leans towards Aeris, because it's the better path storywise

It does, as we describe in the first line of our Aeris guide on the Gold Saucer Date page: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/dating.php

I got Aeris on my first time through, as I didn't know anything else was even possible at the time.

Hmm, I knew I read that somewhere, lol. I think it's a much better choice for storytelling reasons, which is why they make it the favorable option.

--------------------
Post #199429
Posted: 20th April 2012 06:50

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I think it's important to have seen the tifa AND Aeris dates if you want to know more about the story on VII. They both drop big hints towards whats about to happen and reveal for the first time in the story that something is off
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
about cloud
The other 2 dates are just screw around dates that are there just for fun and humor.

This does mean 2 playthroughs though.......... wait. is that a bad thing? lol tongue.gif

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #200103
Posted: 18th June 2012 17:01
Returner

Quote (BlitzSage @ 23rd February 2012 01:39)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd February 2012 19:09)
Quote (BlitzSage @ 22nd February 2012 17:22)
I think the game leans towards Aeris, because it's the better path storywise

It does, as we describe in the first line of our Aeris guide on the Gold Saucer Date page: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/dating.php

I got Aeris on my first time through, as I didn't know anything else was even possible at the time.

Hmm, I knew I read that somewhere, lol. I think it's a much better choice for storytelling reasons, which is why they make it the favorable option.

I don't think that means it's the favorable option.

You meet Tifa way before Aerith. With all the dialogue between Cloud and Tifa before he meets Aerith, you can end up with over 50 affinity points for Tifa (who started with 30) by the time you meet Aerith who starts with an affinity of 50.
If Tifa started with 50 affinity points, you could've had 70 or more affinity points for Tifa by the time you meet Aerith. That wouldn't have been a smart idea on Squares part, if fans who wanted to romance Aerith were simply being friendly to Tifa. By having Tifa start with 30 points and Aerith with 50 points, things were made even.

I easily got the date with Tifa my first time by being nice to both girls and having Cloud, Tifa and Aerith as my main party on disc one.

It also makes sense for Aerith to be the default date if there is a tie between Aerith and Tifa, since Tifa only needs a total of 50 to get the high affection highwind scene between her and Cloud. This is excellent for people who believe Cloud loves both girls as it allows one romance scene for both Aerith and Tifa. Date with Aerith and HAHW with Tifa.

I'm sorry for the ramble. It's upsetting when someone implies that one girl is favoured over the other girl since that risks leading to the annoying love-triangle debate.
Post #200466
Posted: 19th June 2012 00:00

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Aeris. I always assumed (until obtaining a players guide) Aeris was the only one.
Post #200470
Posted: 13th September 2012 09:56
Returner

First play through, i got aeris because thats default.

Since then i've always got tifa. Because he has to go out with tifa anyway.

Would be pretty cool to get barret, but as i understand you just have to be constantly mean to aeris and tifa to get a date with barret. Just not cool ^^
Post #200998
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: