CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Discuss Gogo's Identity Here

Posted: 28th March 2004 21:44

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
No offense Rangers51, you being the site mod and all, but I don't think a person can "sleep" or "rest" in a tomb at all without the body actually being there. They would put "In loving memory of..." or something along the lines of that if a person had died and they had no body to bury afterwards...

While it isn't the best proof in the world, it's still valid I would think...

But then again, it could be a mistranslation, which opens up a world of possibilities..

Again, I mean no disrespect.
Post #34438
Posted: 28th March 2004 23:42

Black Mage

Awards:
I found an FF5 FAQ recently, and it has all of the classes in Japanese, then translated in English. The Mimic class is called "Monomaneshi - Gogo," which translates to "Mimic - Gogo." Gogo appears to be the actual name of the class, which would explain Gogo being a Mimic in FF5 and FF6. It is not his/her name, but rather just what you call him/her because that is what he/she is.

Also, if you look at the name "Gogo", you could figure it is two "go's", as in, take your turn. That way, it would mean that someone "goes," then he/she "goes," thus resulting in two turns taken, or two "go's," or "Gogo." I think that's always how I've thought of it.

So, along with Daryl being dead and in her tomb (I just checked the Japanese translated script and it also says "DARYL SLEEPS HERE"), Gestahl falling 1000's of feet to his doom, and Elvis actually being dead, I believe it is safe to say that Gogo is just Gogo, a character with the class of Mimic.

This post has been edited by sbq92 on 28th March 2004 23:42

--------------------
--sbq92 <><
Post #34444
Posted: 4th April 2004 18:19

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Gogo is actually Lord Voldemort hiding from Harry Potter
Post #35699
Posted: 4th April 2004 22:45

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I think Gogo is kinda part of the SquareSoft Legacy. Square seems to like to keep certain characters around, and just put them randomly in games, such as Gilgamesh or the legendary swordsman, whose name has slipped my mind at the moment, who you fight in the phantom train in ff6, or any of the esper/epilons/summoned beasts. These creatures just seem to sort of constants in the final fantasy world. You fight Gogo in ff5 to get the mimic job, and he claims himself to be a legendary mimic. I personally like the war of magi idea, but I figure he is just some sort of eternal creature that wanders the world.

--------------------
"...Chivalry is nothing more than the wilingness to treat a woman well."

LingaringBell
Post #35726
Posted: 5th April 2004 00:08

Onion Knight

Awards:
gogo means mimic.

--------------------
Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello/Hello
Post #35750
Posted: 6th April 2004 22:14

Dragoon

Awards:
Quote (Snoopyboy @ 28th February 2004 12:49)

There could be several Gogo's. Plus Final Fantasy 5 took place hundreds of years ago then Final Fantasy 6. Plus there is a Gogo in Final Fantasy 9.
besides Leo was buried in Thamasa.

Gogo in FFIX, that sounds a bit unusal, and if he is in it, where was he? and you said that gogo was buried in Thamasa, it was Leo, you made an error, and shouldn't most of the stuff you say be in spoiler tags?
Post #36125
Posted: 6th April 2004 22:37

Engineer

Awards:
srry gamblingcat but YOU made an error... according to ur "quote", u read wrong Snoopyboy didn't say gogo was buried in thamasia... and as we all know gogo didn't die within the confines of this game

--------------------
~ A Hero Is Someone Who Stands When Their Legs Are Gone~
Post #36136
Posted: 8th April 2004 05:54

Returner

Awards:
theres a cinema if you get all espers/lores/etc? wow ill hafta run thru the game again and get ragnarock esper...

Gesthal theory is completely whiped out.
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
He was struck with bolt3 by the statues (looked like bolt3...may actually be the "light of judgement") and THEN thrown off the island...tumbling down millions of miles....even if he DID land on the future location of the triangle island...he woulda been crushed.

Gogo as kefka...no that cant be...gogo as kefkas brother maybe? hrmm....similiar clothing design...yea possibly.

Gogo as darill...I dont think so. I mean...darill sleeps here isnt something you write without having a body...

gogo as gogo...nahhhhhhhhh thats not fun at all biggrin.gif

user posted image

--------------------
----------------------------------------
| THE INSANE ONE HAS SPOKEN |
----------------------------------------

http://www.anzwers.org/free/vengeance/
Post #36416
Posted: 8th April 2004 14:25

Returner

Awards:
gogo most likely is a character you dont see often, like rachael or gestahl.
Post #36456
Posted: 9th April 2004 23:32

Returner

I am Gogo
Post #36733
Posted: 10th April 2004 20:07

Returner

Awards:
Now, I'm all for saying that Gogo is just Gogo. Sure, the theories presented are intrigueing, but are at best grasping at strings.

However, as I'm reading over the topic, an idea came to me. There's not a whole lot of basis to it, I admit, but its something thats stuck in my head.

Now, Kefka and Celes were altered by experimentation. They are known as successes, for the most part (Kefka being, well...TOO successful, you might say). They can use magic without having Magicite, nor being a half-esper like Terra.

Well, we don't see any other's besides those two...but who's to say they were the only one?

What if Gogo was a failed experiment, and somehow escaped?

Just an idea.

--------------------
Think about this concept for a second, and you tell me that you would not think twice before purchasing it: ghetto breast milk
Post #36880
Posted: 10th April 2004 20:29

Cactuar

Awards:
we all know he truth of who he really is....... ME! PH34r the master mimic, Bwahahahahahahahaha
seriously though he is either just Gogo, aN imperial experiment, Daryl, or Gestahl

--------------------
THE LIZARDSSS SHALL EATSSS YOU
Post #36888
Posted: 10th April 2004 21:52

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Gogo is guy named Estragon who hangs around all day near a tree with a guy named Vladimir, and gets beaten every night.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #36908
Posted: 10th April 2004 21:58

Engineer

Awards:
i now agree with phalanx... i mean in FF7 Red VIII is an experiment who changes sides... i mean why shouldn't gogo be like the same thing... frankly i think we can safely eliminate the gogo is gestahl theory because well... NOBODY... and i do mean nobody could survive a drop like that... and if he did odds are he would have been swallowed when the earth changed

--------------------
Post #36910
Posted: 10th April 2004 22:15

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Zechs @ 10th April 2004 17:58)
i now agree with phalanx... i mean in FF7 Red VIII is an experiment who changes sides...

If you mean XIII, no he wasn't. Red was a study specimen who escaped.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #36913
Posted: 10th April 2004 23:07
Returner

Awards:
Gogo could be Gilgamesh because Gilgamesh just never gives up in battles. Gilgamesh fights you like 6 times in Final Fantasy 5. And in the end he said he'd like to be on the hero's side, so maybe Gilgamesh became Gogo.
Post #36921
Posted: 12th April 2004 22:02

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 10th April 2004 16:52)
Gogo is guy named Estragon who hangs around all day near a tree with a guy named Vladimir, and gets beaten every night.

Waiting For Godot...good show...

They should have named Umaro Didi lol
Post #37293
Posted: 12th April 2004 23:27

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I know, Gogo is my cat! Since we all know that there is no proof in-game that Gogo is somebody else than himself, this topic seemed to morph into a joke topic. Then, I think that we can make rumours (cough cough lies cough) on Gogo's identity.

Gogo is impresario because he came back from the deads to fight Kefka because he destroyed his train.

Gogo is Maria because she is cute but she is a diva and she thinks that the universe turns around her. So, she decided to do her crise because her tea was too cold and became a simulacrum.

Gogo is the guy in the Blackjack that asked you to unequip your party. Don't ask me why.

Gogo is Odo from Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Changeling, Mimicry, it's all the same.

Gogo is Data from Star Trek: TNG in is quest for humanity.

Gogo is an Orog who mispelled his name.

And finally, Gogo is Smiling Bob who hides from millions of frustated men who wants to erase his damned smile.

This post has been edited by Goonies on 12th April 2004 23:40

--------------------
«À l'aventure compagnons, je suis parti vers l'horizon! J'aurais mieux fait de rester au lit, ce donjon, il est pourri!» - Pen of Chaos
Post #37319
Posted: 12th April 2004 23:35

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I've got only got two good choices for Gogo's Identity, its either Daryl, or a pile of really used and old gym clothes that came to life. Yeah....

--------------------
www.allinthepackage.com
Post #37320
Posted: 13th April 2004 00:08

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I've got only got two good choices for Gogo's Identity, its either Daryl, or a pile of really used and old gym clothes that came to life. Yeah....

Then explain me something: How/When/Where did she learn how to mimic perfectly others action?

Maybe she had her powers since she was born (even if Setzer doesn't mention that) I suppose that if she doesn't recognized Setzer, it's because she lost her memory. If she lost her memory, how can she remember her skills?

And, Setzer would have recognized the island where the Falcon wrecked, it's the same island. Triangle island didn't change at all (except for the apparition of Zone Eaters).

Or he would have recognized her voice. Gogo had a voice that can't be classify in any sex "standard" voices.

And NO, THERE IS NO GOGO + SETZER SUPER DUPER MEGA GIGA TERA HIDDEN SCENE. Then, I believe that Gogo is Jean Charest who hides from Infoman.

--------------------
«À l'aventure compagnons, je suis parti vers l'horizon! J'aurais mieux fait de rester au lit, ce donjon, il est pourri!» - Pen of Chaos
Post #37321
Posted: 13th April 2004 00:42

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Goonies @ 12th April 2004 19:08)
Then, I believe that Gogo is Jean Charest who hides from Infoman.

Infoman?? Vous voulez dire le Bloc Quebecois.

--------------------
''The modern dictators are reviving a very ancient and encrusted way of life.''
[WHAT I THINK, Adlai Stevenson]
Post #37324
Posted: 13th April 2004 01:36
Returner

Awards:
Gogo, is really one of those little green men in the caves of Zone Eater. He was the leader of them, so he dresses differently. That's my theory.
Post #37339
Posted: 13th April 2004 23:57
Returner

Gogo is just Gogo, the mime who apears in final V and gives you the mime job.
I don't think it's Daryl because of what was engraved on her tomb.
P.D:Shadow survived when the floating continent fell why couldn't have gestahl done the same?(not that I thhink he is Gogo)
Post #37455
Posted: 14th April 2004 00:03

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Knight of Doma @ 13th April 2004 18:57)
Gogo is just Gogo, the mime who apears in final V and gives you the mime job.
I don't think it's Daryl because of what was engraved on her tomb.
P.D:Shadow survived when the floating continent fell why couldn't have gestahl done the same?(not that I thhink he is Gogo)

??? srry but that doesn't make sense...
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
because he never fell directly from the floating continent... he jumped onto the airship... that is if you save him... if you don't save him, he isn't alive in the world of ruin

i am confused???

--------------------
Post #37458
Posted: 14th April 2004 00:09

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (West Side Tony @ 12th April 2004 18:02)
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 10th April 2004 16:52)

Waiting For Godot...good show...

They should have named Umaro Didi lol

Or Umaro Gogo and Mog Didi. Their relationships seem to reflect in that manner.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #37460
Posted: 15th April 2004 02:23

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (WebGraphics_ @ 12th April 2004 20:42)
Quote (Goonies @ 12th April 2004 19:08)
Then, I believe that Gogo is Jean Charest who hides from Infoman.

Infoman?? Vous voulez dire le Bloc Quebecois.

[OFF-TOPIC]Charest, salaud, le peuple aura ta peau.[\OFF-TOPIC]

Gogo is a gogoboy.

Gogo is the little boy in Vector that cure 1 HP to you.

Gogo is the black materia keeper

Gogo is Darth Veder's father

Gogo is Ben Laden hiding from Georgy Boy because they have the same clothes, but different palette swaps. That's remind me a certain Banon is Duncan theory... tongue.gif

I challenge you to find more incredible Gogo is... theories.

--------------------
Post #37660
Posted: 15th April 2004 14:09

Black Mage

Awards:
I got to thinking, and I found some arguably incredible proof that Gogo is not Daryl or Gestahl (or anyone else people might think he/she is besides just being Gogo). When you find him/her, he/she says something like "I've been here a long time." Now, I don't know what you all think a long time is, but I highly doubt that it just means a couple of years. The context implies something along the lines of 50~100 years, or, if you'd like to stretch it, 500~1000 years. In this case, Gogo can't be Daryl, and most certainly can't be Gestahl.

Also, another interesting point. In the Japanese version, the gender isn't even addressed at all ("Is it a man? A woman? Should we ask?"). Hmm...

--------------------
--sbq92 <><
Post #37700
Posted: 15th April 2004 17:04

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
In the English version, the gender isn't addressed either. That line that you quoted is in her/his introduction in FFIIIus as well.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #37724
Posted: 16th April 2004 08:22

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Gogo is really Big O.

--------------------
look into my eyes
tell me what you see
someone real?
this is real!
what you wish to be!

...O P E N Y O U R E Y E S........
...open your eyes, open your eyes....
Post #37844
Posted: 17th April 2004 15:40

Black Mage

Awards:
I know who Gogo is! He is obviously Mega Man!

Mega Man - Copies the abilities of the bosses he fights
Gogo - Copies the abilities of his teammates

Mega Man - Blue, Cyan
Gogo - Red, Yellow, Green (Obviously he had to disguise himself, so he used opposite colors of his real color)

Mega Man X - Way in the future, Idle too long
Gogo - Final Fantasy is in no distinct time period. Therefore, Mega Man X was around for a long time, meaning he stayed through past the end of the Mega Man X series, and even through Mega Man Zero.

Well, this can all only mean one thing: Final Fantasy is the future world of Mega Man, thousands of years later.

Therefore, Gogo is Mega Man X, and since Mega Man X is the future version of Mega Man, it can be concluded that Gogo is Mega Man.

--------------------
--sbq92 <><
Post #38035
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: