CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 19th June 2012 03:31

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Narratorway @ 10th June 2012 13:35)
I was getting neck deep back into Skyrim but then some bug ended up dropping my weapon stats and I'm kinda taking a hiatus as a result...

Just got back into Skyrim as well. The first time I played through I just did the two main quests. Sorry bout the bug. Hope you can get that fixed. Hey, if you can't, they'll probably come out with a GotY edition soon, knowing Bethesda.

--------------------
Post #200472
Posted: 20th June 2012 17:45

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Skyrim (PS3)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)
Final Fantasy 3 (DS)

Thinking about getting Final Fantasy 6 Advance eventually. Would love to play the extras.
Post #200496
Posted: 20th June 2012 18:09

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (Gigantuar @ 18th May 2012 10:22)
I'm playing several games, but I don't have that much time to spend on gaming with school. Holidays are in a few weeks though smile.gif

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Mass Effect (Planning on going through all 3)
- Super Robot Taisen Z

Now that I'm (temporarily) free from school I've managed to beat Deus Ex: HR and the DLC and it was really good. I've put off Mass Effect temporarily and I'm currently focusing on SRW Z.
Post #200497
Posted: 21st June 2012 03:39

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
I just started on Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar for the NES after I found it in a used stuff store. It's not looking too good :/
I remember winning Ultima III back in the day. I felt so accomplished because we got it used with no booklet or any other resources, and that was before the internet was big, so there was no clues on what you were supposed to do to complete it, and my other brothers gave up on it as un-figure-out-able. Go run-on sentences!
Post #200498
Posted: 21st June 2012 21:11

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm 90% sure I'm near the end of Persona 3 FES (a few days after Christmas), so I'm starting to think about what to play next. Working through my backlog sounds like a good plan, so I'm thinking about tackling one of the RPGs I own, but have never played. Atelier Iris 2, Final Fantasy XII, and Valkyria Chronicles are the leading candidates.

But wait a second, I already know what I'm going to play next. My favorite indie studio, Zeboyd Games, is putting out their next title on 25 June. On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3. That's in four days, and it costs $5. I suppose I'll play that next.

--------------------
Post #200499
Posted: 22nd June 2012 00:30

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Dragon's Dogma
OUTLAND
Call of Duty Classic
Modern Warfare 3 on PS3 (new maps are out)

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #200505
Posted: 3rd July 2012 21:11

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Rain-Slick 3 was awesome. DINOSORCERER.

Persona 3's endgame is taking me a long time, but I think I'm finally there. Just a few days before the finale, and I have several Personae with levels in the 90s. I'll want to do a second run of this game one day down the line.

Next up I'm pretty sure is going to be Atelier Iris 2 or Final Fantasy XII. Gonna start the lucky game probably the end of the week.

--------------------
Post #200588
Posted: 4th July 2012 07:08

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
well runescape lost its luster for me again. most of my new friends on there quit because of the new combat update comming out soon.... so basically people are soooo sure an update not even out yet is going to ruin the game so tons of people are quiting. well whatever.

Im back to CoD Modern Warfare 3. trying to get as close to 20th prestige before another game pulls me in again.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #200589
Posted: 4th July 2012 15:32

Cactuar

Awards:
The Orange Box.

Half-Life has made me BELIEVE.
Post #200596
Posted: 5th July 2012 08:50

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
lol i played the orange box for the first time a couple months ago. Portal was a very legit game. Helped me prove to a friend how much smarter than him i was. I beat the game pretty fast. He didn't even beat it. tongue.gif

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #200605
Posted: 5th July 2012 13:57

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 5th July 2012 09:50)
lol i played the orange box for the first time a couple months ago. Portal was a very legit game. Helped me prove to a friend how much smarter than him i was. I beat the game pretty fast. He didn't even beat it. tongue.gif

PORTAL is one of the few games that I'll play when I need to kill an hour of time: it's so replayable yet always fresh and entertaining...
Post #200608
Posted: 5th July 2012 19:09

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Just finished playing Tales of the Abyss. I enjoyed the game for the most part, especially the battle system, though I felt like it got to a point where they were coming up with plot twists for the sake of plot twists.

Now I'm playing Suikoden 3. I've finished only Hugo and Geddoe's first chapters, so I'm not terribly far in. There are several aspects about the game (weapons, skills, battle system in general) that took a bit of time for me to get used to (since I'm new to the series), but it seems interesting enough.

I'm also kinda playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. I started it while I was waiting for Suikoden 3 to arrive, so it's been sidelined for now.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #200609
Posted: 5th July 2012 20:33

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Well, in part this is a pimping of my game.

I really HAVE been playing the game I made a lot trying to see what I missed/left out/catch bugs. I started an RPG project about two years ago and only really put work into it the month of June for NaGaDeMo (National Game Development Month). While I knew it wasn't feasible to complete the entire game I made a goal of producing a working demo.

If anyone is interested, it's found here, http://rpgmaker.net/games/4209/

I'd really LOVE some feedback on it. So far I haven't gotten any of my friends to play and tell me what they think sad.gif

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #200612
Posted: 6th July 2012 14:49

Cactuar

Awards:
OK, now I've been addicted to this iOS game called Dragonvale.

If anyone else plays it, PM me your Game Center ID!

[/pityparty]
Post #200618
Posted: 8th July 2012 19:57

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Played a bit more TF2 now that the Pyro update has come out. Got Pyrovision. It's the coolest thing ever in that game. (Short of some of the hilarious spoken lines.)

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #200632
Posted: 12th July 2012 04:02

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I'm slightly embarrassed that I've owned FF XII for nearly six years and just started it last night. So far I'm mostly impressed, but I know this is a game that many love and many hate; I'll reserve judgment.

--------------------
Post #200646
Posted: 12th July 2012 05:45

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
I'm in a house without internet or a tv now so I'm getting my vidgame fix from emulation mostly. In the past month I played through the first two banjo games and now I'm onto FF VI advance, which is only the second time I'll have played through this game. Just beat Vargas and I know it picks up after here so I'm getting excited.

Lasz, FFXII is a great game! don't be afraid to make a snap judgment on it. If I had my PS2 around right now I'd easily be playing through that game again

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #200647
Posted: 12th July 2012 22:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
For a moment there I was wondering whether there was a "Banjo Hero" or similar game. Then I realized you were talking about Kazooie.

Anyway, I picked up EDGE and Blocks That Matter recently. Seem kinda interesting.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200658
Posted: 13th July 2012 01:55

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
Thanks to Neal prompting me, I picked of Saints Row The Third on Steam, as part of their summer sale. Grabbed the Walking Dead games too, both episode 1 and 2 at the request of another friend who swears the games are truer to Kirkman's version than the tv series could hope to be. Picked up Endless Space, too, because I'm a sucker for anything space-themed and love me a good Civilization clone.

Going to be playing the shit out of these over the next few weeks.

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #200662
Posted: 27th July 2012 00:53

Returner

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
I'm dividing my time between Skyrim, Civ 2 ( the PSone version) and FFV. It may not surprise many here but I'm actually getting more out of FFV atm. The job system is a brilliant innovation (I hope it makes an apperance in FFs 4 and 6) and really adds a whole layer of complexity that many modern games seem to lack.

I must say Skyrim is one of my favourites ever though. The graphics are just breathtaking and the freedom to adopt your own playing style really pulls me in - in a way it's the complete oppisite of how FFV works I suppose.

--------------------
I've got nothing more to say...
Post #200771
Posted: 27th July 2012 14:14

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Outside of TF2, I finally got around to playing the New Vegas DLC. Dead Money was pretty mediocre (heard as much), but Honest Hearts was awesome. Old World Blues probably ended up being the best of the lot, but only a shade better than Lonesome Road, which finished things in style.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #200777
Posted: 27th July 2012 18:26

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) and Crash Team Racing (PS1, but I got it from the PSN and am playing it on PS3).
They're both fun games, I wish I hadn't waited so long to try them.

This post has been edited by ILoveMoombas! on 27th July 2012 18:26

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #200780
Posted: 27th July 2012 22:46

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
^ It seems that some of the Valkyria Chronicles soundtrack, by Hitoshi Sakimoto, is being featured in the current "Humble Music Bundle", so you may want to check that out.

(I'm still a little bit bitter that Humble Bundle is overshadowing Game Music Bundle, but whatever.)

Anyway...

Started playing Ys: the Oath in Felghana (for Windows/PC).

This game is difficult. But in a good way. It actually feels like I've accomplished something when I finish a dungeon or beat a boss. It also makes me play with a reasonable degree of caution--dungeons aren't just about finding treasure chests and the next save point or boss. I have to play carefully enough to survive that journey, which involves both learning when and how to avoid enemy attacks and to get them back.

The game doesn't seem to be particularly novel or distinctive--it's just an action JRPG with metaphorical broken bridges enforcing sequence--but it seems very well-polished. I would recommend y'all buy this and check it out.

Furthermore, it is accompanied by a pretty awesome soundtrack.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 27th July 2012 22:48

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200781
Posted: 29th July 2012 21:21

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I'm currently using the "Negalmuur trick" to level up my FF XII characters for some high-level Hunts. I'm reading a book and checking Web sites, taking a break every hour or so to make sure my game is playing itself correctly.

Yes, I know that joke/situation was already played out five years ago. Experiencing it now, I feel a mixture of amusement and shame.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 29th July 2012 21:22

--------------------
Post #200787
Posted: 30th July 2012 04:55

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
^ automatic FFXII lol

Gotta love it when games are reworked into being zero-player, by accident. Heh.

Anyway, just put down Ys Oath. Nothing wrong with the game, just that (1) meatspace busy-ness and (2) I've played half of it fan-translated and I'm wondering whether I should replay that half on the Steam version.

The Steam version--the official localization--doesn't have as pretty a font as the fan-translated version.

But why do I always stop playing a game shortly after telling people I'm playing it, via this thread or Backloggery or elsewhere?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 30th July 2012 04:55

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200790
Posted: 3rd August 2012 02:19

Behemoth

Awards:
I was trying to get my friend into Mass Effect yesterday (he's very picky about video games, but he was impressed). Just playing a few hours made me realize how much I missed in my first playthrough. So, I'm playing through that to see the extended ending. Me and my friend are also gonna do a video game marathon, starting with Earthbound.

--------------------
Post #200828
Posted: 3rd August 2012 11:11

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I beat Final Fantasy XII, so I'm looking for something to play next. I'm thinking either Valkyria Chronicles or Rogue Galaxy.

--------------------
Post #200829
Posted: 5th August 2012 00:24

Behemoth

Awards:
This may not be the right place to ask, but does anyone know where to get Skies of Arcadia at a good price? I've really been wanting to play that, but I haven't been able to get it cheaply.

This post has been edited by BlitzSage on 5th August 2012 00:25

--------------------
Post #200843
Posted: 6th August 2012 01:37
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Finally got bored of Skyrim. Launched up Doom3 for a quick FPS rub 'n tug and I've also been going through my emulator library trying to get some old school fix. Started up on the first Shining Force, but that quickly petered out. Tried Shadowrun and that too didn't last long. Currently working through Terranigma and it's looking far more promising. Can't go wrong with Quintet...well, cept for Soul Blazer...

--------------------
Post #200847
Posted: 8th August 2012 22:39

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
FF XII is wrapped up, so now I'm doublefisting Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Rogue Galaxy.

--------------------
Post #200863
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: