CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Discuss Gogo's Identity Here

Posted: 24th February 2012 05:43

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
New theory, in light of recent happenings in the world of videogames:

That Gogo's a Spy.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #199462
Posted: 24th February 2012 17:11

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 24th February 2012 01:43)
New theory, in light of recent happenings in the world of videogames:

That Gogo's a Spy.

That would actually be an awesome plotline, that Gogo was placed there to spy on the team for Kefka or something.

--------------------
Post #199478
Posted: 24th February 2012 19:36

SOLDIER

Awards:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?....

on a more serious note i believe it is probably the gogo from FF5 some how werewolf ended up in that world, so it's possible that gogo did too. It might be where they were spit out after there respective roles were done.

--------------------
Don't fear the reaper!
Wonderful system this "Democracy" is no mechanism to break a tie -Dinobot-
It's spelled Raymond Luxray Yatch but it's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Sic Semper Tyrannis bush.
Post #199486
Posted: 26th February 2012 15:56

Engineer

Awards:
It's General Leo

Expanding on that theory -
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
after the team put Leo in the ground
Leo gets swallowed up by a Zone Eater.
The monsters within this exclusive and unknown cave used Life 2 to revive Leo and nursed him back to health./SPOILER] However he was not as he was before. When [SPOILER]Kefka stabbed him
he infected Leo with his own particular kind of crazy and the only way Leo could retain his sanity was to undergo a special ritual that these mosters performed as a last resort.

Leo regained his sense but at the expense of his memory and his human form, he called himself Gogo because that was his name and he learned to survive in the cave by Mimicing the monsters. Over time this became all he knew. Then a wizard came along and transported him to an island, the wizard could sense Gogo's plight because he was a wizard. He felt sorry for him having never seen the sunlight or the trees or hearing birds tweeting. The feeling of a warm summer's breeze. The wizard did this and enhanced Gogo's mimic abilities so that he may do good, before flying off. (he could fly because he was a wizard)

Gogo didn't have much time to be grateful to the wizard because he was promptly swallowed up by a Zone Eater. Years later the team came along.
Post #199507
Posted: 26th February 2012 22:31

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
> Years later the team came along

But only about one year passed since Floating Continent catastrophe.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #199513
Posted: 27th February 2012 02:08

Black Waltz

Awards:
Who is Gogo? BATMAN.

I donno. When I first played the game I didn't think anything of it. There was a special character called Gogo and that was good enough for me. Gogo being a character we know of prior to meeting her/him just gives more questions than answers.

To me Gogo will always be the cool mime character.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #199516
Posted: 27th February 2012 06:24

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (mertinatron @ 26th February 2012 11:56)
[SPOILER]The monsters within this exclusive and unknown cave used Life 2 to revive Leo and nursed him back to health./SPOILER]

I just thought of something that no one states about Fenix Downs. Think about this: in FFVII
after Aeris's death scene, people always seem to say "just revive her."
They say the same thing about
Leo's death
. But actually, if you look in the menu bar, when someone's health goes to 0, it says "Wound" not "Death."

Only one item can "actually" revive people.
The Phoenix Esper revives Rachel after years of being comatose. But even then, she only stays alive (Bee Gees...sorry bout that, don't know what came over me...) for a moment.

This seems to imply that the revive items/spells does not bring people back from death, but it heals debilitating wounds.

--------------------
Post #199519
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: