CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Does ff8 make anyone here mad?

Posted: 24th April 2012 07:46

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Yeah, you were ridiculously overpowered.

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #200149
Posted: 23rd June 2012 23:36

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 

Not really. I enjoy Final Fantasy VIII for feeling refreshing without steeping away from the usual Final Fantasy formula.

Though to be honest the whole game just feels a like a experiment and a gamble. It feels like if this idea and system worked they would of had a strong mind of confidence to follow it for more Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy VIII has it's flaws and highs like the other Final Fantasy games. The only flaw that annoys me about it is the lack of character development and leaving the characters just feel like stereotypes.

Squall- The misunderstood loner

Rinoa- The Princess/ Damsel

Selphie- The Cute/ Hyperactive Girl

Zell- The one with the bad temper

Seifer- Jerk with a heart

And so on.

Compared to Final Fantasy VII which had heavily complexed developed characters like Cloud and Tifa. This is quite disappointing.

--------------------
Top Three fave Final Fantasies Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V [ GBA ]
Post #200519
Posted: 24th June 2012 22:10

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
No, it doesn't make me mad. It was my first Final Fantasy I had played. It's not my all time favorite in the series, but it is a fun one to play and knowing all of the ins and outs makes my characters (i.e. Zell) absolute gamebreakers
Post #200520
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: