CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 17th August 2016 06:36

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
ahh. so you're heading to the fire seal tongue.gif Or do you mean you're at the point where you have 2 parties both doing different objectives. If you mean that then the Luin human ranch. BTW. Is the steam release a complete release like ToS on the ps3 or is it a cut version like ToS on the GC? I'm about to do another play through of it to try and get Kratos or Zelos to meet with you in Flanoir.

Re No Man's Sky - what is that game, anyway? I just hear it's being hyped quite a bit, and it has a AAA price tag, and it apparently sucks horribly?

It's a massively huge space exploration game. A bunch of youtubers and streamers are playing it now if you're interested. It doesn't have a story and every players experience will be different so you can't really spoil the game. If you don't have the time though. You pretty much are exploring the solar system you start in to gather resources to get you to the next solar system in the galaxy to ultimately get you to the center. I haven't heard anyone say it sucks personally but I have played it enough to have a few nitpicks. So it isn't perfect. I do recommend giving it a shot.

Update: Just saw a youtuber report on this game. The PS4 version is working as intended but the PC version is looking to be very reminiscent of Arkam Knight. Which blows for PC play. So probably stay away from it for a bit if you're buying it on steam. Hopefully they fix it though. :/

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 17th August 2016 07:05

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #211231
Posted: 19th August 2016 16:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 17th August 2016 01:36)
ahh. so you're heading to the fire seal tongue.gif Or do you mean you're at the point where you have 2 parties both doing different objectives. If you mean that then the Luin human ranch. BTW. Is the steam release a complete release like ToS on the ps3 or is it a cut version like ToS on the GC? I'm about to do another play through of it to try and get Kratos or Zelos to meet with you in Flanoir.

Re No Man's Sky - what is that game, anyway? I just hear it's being hyped quite a bit, and it has a AAA price tag, and it apparently sucks horribly?

It's a massively huge space exploration game. A bunch of youtubers and streamers are playing it now if you're interested. It doesn't have a story and every players experience will be different so you can't really spoil the game. If you don't have the time though. You pretty much are exploring the solar system you start in to gather resources to get you to the next solar system in the galaxy to ultimately get you to the center. I haven't heard anyone say it sucks personally but I have played it enough to have a few nitpicks. So it isn't perfect. I do recommend giving it a shot.

Update: Just saw a youtuber report on this game. The PS4 version is working as intended but the PC version is looking to be very reminiscent of Arkam Knight. Which blows for PC play. So probably stay away from it for a bit if you're buying it on steam. Hopefully they fix it though. :/

Ah, now the name "No Man's Sky" makes sense.

(Now I'm curious, can you play as a woman? Just for an extra pun on the name.)

I'm supposed to be heading to the fire seal. I just finished the segment where Kratos's party rejoins Lloyd's party in the Desian base (or whoever those people were).

So we're stopped at the inn in the desert.

I did step into the fire seal dungeon but I got wtfpwned by a mimic chest.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #211240
Posted: 20th August 2016 22:06

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Well, Bleach's Manga finally ended and (Being a Rukia + Ichigo fan) didn't get to see the ending I wanted. So I started my third run on Tales of Symphonia for the BS plat in response (you have to beat the game at least 5 times on the ps3 version for the plat). This being worse for me because I missed something my first run so I won't plat unless I do a 6th playthrough. Oh well. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! No Man's Sky doesn't seem to have a whole lot of substance past the first 30 or 40 hours. But that may be just me. Idk, it just doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything anymore.

(Now I'm curious, can you play as a woman? Just for an extra pun on the name.)

There isn't any character customization and the Galaxy is so huge that it's extremely unlikely to meet another player that is on the same server as you. I don't know if anyone even know's what the player character looks like since the game is in first person.

The mimics on ToS are probably the strongest version of a mimic i've seen in a video game to date. That early in the game. The best way to kill them is bring LLoyd, Genis, Kratos, and Raine. Have Genis and Kratos cast spells and have Raine heal. Use any colored quartz on Lloyd so he can do damage. (If you have Fierce Demon Fang, use a yellow quartz to temporarily turn it into grave blade, that chews through his health). If you wait until after the seal, you can switch one of your spell casters (most likely Genis since he doesn't have healing spells like Kratos) with Collett since she'll get a new attack that can hurt the mimic and her Item Thief (If you have it) nets you a coveted All-Divide. Note: Item Thief won't steal from the mimic unless you use a quartz on Collett before using it since Item Thief needs to deal unblocked damage to steal an item.

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 20th August 2016 22:10

--------------------
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #211250
Posted: 20th August 2016 23:00

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I haven't figured out quartzes work...

Meanwhile I've started playing Momodora IV, a.k.a. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211251
Posted: 20th August 2016 23:05

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 20th August 2016 17:06)
There isn't any character customization and the Galaxy is so huge that it's extremely unlikely to meet another player that is on the same server as you. I don't know if anyone even know's what the player character looks like since the game is in first person.

About this. Apparently some players who got the game early access actually ended up in the same star system, which was already like a 1/1,000,000++ chance. So they decided to get in contact and try to meet up on a planet together.

Well. They got online and both traveled to the planet at the same "time" and neither could find the other. In fact, one was experiencing daylight while the other was experiencing night.

I guess the creators came out and said you literally are exploring the galaxy alone, this is NOT a multi-player game and that you literally will never encounter another player.

And when you think about it, this makes sense due to the actual theory of Time Dilation.

A quick science lesson: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

Which is actually kind of cool but it remains to be seen if they will add a patch later on that allows you to meet up with other players.

And about the FF8 save file yep. I play through the game about once a year. Last play-through I did a low-level run and am currently doing a NO level-up run. Which isn't that hard once you learn Card and get Break Magic and Demi. Scan the hell out of enemies and break or card them. Boss battles don't yield EXP. So it's tedious, but with Enc-None actually less of a chore than actually running through the game destroying everything.

--------------------
Post #211252
Posted: 22nd August 2016 04:07

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I listened to a video earlier where a guy was saying that only about 200 people are on a server and you can only see people who are on the same server as you. Seeing as no mans sky isn't runescape and you don't get to pick which server you're on. Or look for that matter. It's pretty impossible to meet up with someone on purpose. This not being something that can be proven though. It is also likely that you are right and you can't see other players period. I'd guess if thats the case then your character doesn't even have a design. why would it? no ones ever going to see it. oh well. I've finally run into a new alien race and my game keeps crashing. So i'm giving it a break and going full on with my third playthrough of Tales of Symphonia.

--------------------
Post #211267
Posted: 22nd August 2016 15:22

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Why are there servers if the game is single-player?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211272
Posted: 23rd August 2016 05:33

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Everything you discover you get to name. Planet's, systems, plants, rocks unique to that planet, locations on planets. Once you do, that thing is stuck with that name. Even when another player finds it. That part doesn't matter what server you're on. Theres supposedly and extremely slim chance you can run into other players. But that is either completely untrue or requires that person is on the same server as you. One cool aspect of the naming gimmick is the opening for the game. The game zooms in from the edge of the galaxy towards the system you're currently in. As it does, if any of the stars you see as it zooms in have been named, you can see what people named them. It's an interesting game.

--------------------
Post #211274
Posted: 25th August 2016 13:50

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 23rd August 2016 00:33)
Everything you discover you get to name. Planet's, systems, plants, rocks unique to that planet, locations on planets. Once you do, that thing is stuck with that name. Even when another player finds it. That part doesn't matter what server you're on. Theres supposedly and extremely slim chance you can run into other players. But that is either completely untrue or requires that person is on the same server as you. One cool aspect of the naming gimmick is the opening for the game. The game zooms in from the edge of the galaxy towards the system you're currently in. As it does, if any of the stars you see as it zooms in have been named, you can see what people named them. It's an interesting game.

Oh, that reminds me of a Nethack server -- where people could run into each others' "bones files". Basically, it's a single-player game, but the game has a feature where it occasionally saves the level where someone died, and then shoves that level as it was onto someone else. You can run into this feature if you play on your own, but you'll only see your own bones files; the server, on the other hand, lets different people run into each others' bones files.

It also saves high scores, announces player deaths (and ascensions), and allows sending mail to other players (another quasi-multiplayer feature).

Anyway, I just beat Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.

This game is much darker fantasy than I expected, despite having played the first three games. Also more difficult than any of them except the first -- but difficult in a far more polished way.

There's a New Game Plus feature but I'm not sure if I'll do it just yet.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211293
Posted: 25th August 2016 16:48

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
btw, is this you're first time playing through Tales of Symphonia?

--------------------
Post #211294
Posted: 25th August 2016 19:37

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 25th August 2016 11:48)

Yes it is; I tend to play things once through, unless they're shorter.

Why do you ask?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211295
Posted: 26th August 2016 02:43

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 25th August 2016 14:37)
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 25th August 2016 11:48)

Yes it is; I tend to play things once through, unless they're shorter.

Why do you ask?

He's probably going to ask about character points. Lloyd gets a special scene in the second half of the game with the character he's shown the most affection and/or favorability towards thoughout the game's dialog choices. Depending on who it is it can determine the makeup of your final party.

And I like Tales of Symphonia, but it's really pretty average for a Tales Of game. I think Abyss, Vesperia, and Phantasia are all better games. I thought Symphonia was fine, but I'm not interested in ever replaying it.

--------------------
Post #211296
Posted: 26th August 2016 15:45
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Played and finished Resident Evil HD Remastered DIrector's Special Blu Ray Ultimate Enhanced Cut Edition.

Well...Jill's run at any rate. S'fun game. I liked it. The early game grated on me a little, what with the placing of Zimbo's deliberately right out of frame or just made the hallways they were in too narrow to avoid them without a fight. The rest of the game, the puzzles, the exploration and such were engrossing and fine work.

8/10 Would play again.

--------------------
Post #211297
Posted: 26th August 2016 21:16

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (Narratorway @ 26th August 2016 10:45)
Resident Evil HD Remastered DIrector's Special Blu Ray Ultimate Enhanced Cut Edition.

haha this is amazing if the actual title of the game.

I played the remake on Gamecube several years ago. As Jill. Screw Chris and his 6 slot inventory, dork.

It was very good. But the crimson Zombies were pieces of crap.

--------------------
Post #211298
Posted: 27th August 2016 05:21

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
@Glenn: Laszlow was partially right but I was more wondering so i knew how knowledgeable you are to that game ahead of time. I wasn't going to bring that up until you've beaten it if you'd never played through it before.

Phantasia was aight considering both American ports of it have not been the best versions of the game. (I've been tempted to try and get a modded version of the psx version, that one looks awesome and I've been told that's the best version ever made. Too bad it was only released in Japan but thats why I'd want a modded version). Abyss is definitely a great entry. I actually haven't gotten to play Vesperia yet since America only got that on the Xbox 360 (Which I don't have...) I've heard it is amazing and I WILL get a XBOX one day mostly for this game (access to Halo, Gears of War, and Fable are good side bonuses too). I'd also throw Tales of Graces into the mix. I really enjoyed how they handled the battle system on that game. The story is pretty good and has a pretty good cast of characters although most of the cast being younger did make the game feel less mature than other entries.

--------------------
Post #211299
Posted: 28th August 2016 00:53

Cactuar

Awards:
Just bought these:

Another World HD. Remake of Out of This World for the SNES and a predecessor/prequel to:

Flashback, the remake of Flashback: The Quest For Identity which is/was one of the most under-rated platform games of all-time. I'm actually really digging this remake but it is kind of easy so far. They changed just enough without changing too much and added an RPG-like system of leveling up/improving your character's stats.

Beyond Good & Evil HD. I think it is one of the best games ever made, honestly, so I'm going back to play it and confirm. I remember being very engaged in the world and the game was gorgeous even back on the PS2.

Playstation finally released Vib Ribbon on the Playstation store so I downloaded it and have yet to play it.

Proteus. Simple game. 1st person. You traverse a series of islands and the soundtrack is made as you walk through the environment. It has atari-like graphics.

WWE 2k16 because I got it for free. It's okay. I remember the Smackdown! games were fun and this is similar but no "career" mode.

I also bought Mighty No. 9 and

Final Fantasy IX for like 2 bucks.

--------------------
Post #211304
Posted: 29th August 2016 04:28

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
That's a crazy good deal. Did you find those on Craig's list or at a garage sale or something?

--------------------
Post #211308
Posted: 29th August 2016 21:34

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 28th August 2016 23:28)
That's a crazy good deal. Did you find those on Craig's list or at a garage sale or something?

Top secret.

But basically you can exploit Amazon prime hard.

I've literally gotten over $250 worth of free games in the past 3 months. Flash sale in Playstation Store reduces game prices by 80% or just buy new games for free. Or get a Playstation Network gift card.

All digital, but free is free.

Games I have gotten for literally zero actual dollars out of my pocket in just this past summer:

The Last of Us; Alice: Madness Returns; Okami HD; NHL Legacy Edition; Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD; Mighty No. 9; Flashback (remake); Another World (20th Anniversary); Proteus; Vib Ribbon; Final Fantasy IX; WWE 2K16; Beyond Good & Evil HD; Donkey Kong Country Returns (for 3DS).

You didn't hear it from me.

--------------------
Post #211313
Posted: 1st September 2016 03:12

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Sounds legit. I have a bunch of games I've never played (some I've had for years) thanks to pawn shop hopping and Playstation plus. So I'm probably going to have to give that tip a miss but that is still nice to know. Btw, how do you feel about the Donkey Kong Country Returns series?

--------------------
Post #211323
Posted: 1st September 2016 23:21

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 31st August 2016 22:12)
Sounds legit. I have a bunch of games I've never played (some I've had for years) thanks to pawn shop hopping and Playstation plus. So I'm probably going to have to give that tip a miss but that is still nice to know. Btw, how do you feel about the Donkey Kong Country Returns series?

I thought Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the WORST games I have ever played. It was straight GARBAGE. I'm being serious. Loose, slippery controls, terrible button mapping, uninspired level design and a very disappointing soundtrack. It costed me zero dollars out of pocket and even that was too much. If I had bought the game I would have been furious.

And the worst part is, I got it because of all the raving reviews the game got. I realized this was just absolute Nintendo shilling, since most Nintendo games get high scores and are high quality no reviewer wants to be honest about their reviews when a Nintendo game sucks. Which is rare (lol RARE made the good Donkey Kong games), I admit.

But I think reviewers are paid by Nintendo to give good reviews because Nintendo relies heavily on it's first party software sales.

Off the top of my head, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime series, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 7 were all either mediocre at best or absolute shite, yet they all recieved raving reviews. That's either bias, which is entirely possible, or paid reviews. Or both. Simple as that.

I'm actually getting pissed off right now just thinking about how bad DKCR was. And I loved DKC 1-3, and still do.

This post has been edited by Dynamic Threads on 1st September 2016 23:22

--------------------
Post #211328
Posted: 2nd September 2016 18:46

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Currently picking up random old games to get little tidbits finished for my youtube channel or myself. (Uncharted 1 (random stuff) Uncharted 2 and 3 (finish 100% platting them) Thief PS4 (Platting and playing the DLC) and Dragonball Xenoverse (Random stuff).
Just recently got the Million Dollars trophy on Tales of Symphonia. That one was a NIGHTMARE. But, now that I have it, I'll never need to gamble at that dumb casino AGAIN! Also, nearing the end of my third playthrough of Tales of Symphonia.
Haven't played No Mans Sky in awhile. A youtuber mentioned that the best part of the game is the time between the 5 to 10 hour mark of playing it and that's just about it. And I agree fully. Once the initial wow wheres off, there isn't really anything to get you to keep playing. (The trophies kept me going for a bit there but, other than to plat it which wont take too long, I'll probably never play this again). Last but not least. Am looking forward to XCOM 2 coming to my ps4 soon happy.gif.

I thought Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the WORST games I have ever played. It was straight GARBAGE.

I agree. It's like the developers where watching an episode of spongebob and figured that they should try making Donkey Kong like that since that is obviously what kids are into nowadays. It really felt like an uninspired cash grab using a famous I.P. Nothing like the originals which had a more serious yet still child friendly tone in the villains, strong level design, and good to absolute amazing soundtracks. Whats worse is Nintendo is trying to pretend the originals never happened. (I read that while researching why the F%$^ Nintendo took the Donkey Kong games off the Wii store although not in those exact words). Anyways.

Off the top of my head, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime series, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 7 were all either mediocre at best or absolute shite, yet they all received raving reviews.

Idk what reviewers where saying but I actually had a lot of fun playing metroid prime 1, 2, and Super Mario Sunshine. (Although my favorite Mario games are still the RPG ones) And Double Dash is still my current favorite Mario Kart. (The others just never jived with me as much as Double Dash). Although I've played most of them recently and I do see how they aren't that great anymore by today's standards. Not saying it's bad you didn't like them though. That's just how I felt about them.

I agree fully with Mario 3Dland and Donkey Kong Country Returns. No idea what the appeal was with these. And I'd rate Mario Kart 7 as average.

--------------------
Post #211334
Posted: 2nd September 2016 19:28

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
ff8
Pokemon uranium
Everquest.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211337
Posted: 2nd September 2016 23:04

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
AM2R completed. I'll throw my opinion in the AM2R review thread.

Before that, I also finished 99 Spirits. This game doesn't seem to have a particularly great reception on Steam, but I definitely enjoyed it. It's a little tedious at times, but really not that bad, and one can easily eliminate a lot of the tedium by using the right set of gem upgrades (start with gem 2 maxed and get four or five hints, so you can identify the tsukumogami ASAP, for example). The story is also pretty interesting.

The game, which is a word-guessing game, comes with the Japanese version, so if you're learning Japanese, it might be something worth picking up.

Anyway, I dunno what I'm playing next.

I still have Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition which is still in progress.

I'll just wait until the mood strikes me for something else. That's the best way to do it.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211339
Posted: 3rd September 2016 01:30

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 2nd September 2016 13:46)

I thought Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of the WORST games I have ever played. It was straight GARBAGE.

I agree. It's like the developers where watching an episode of spongebob and figured that they should try making Donkey Kong like that since that is obviously what kids are into nowadays. It really felt like an uninspired cash grab using a famous I.P. Nothing like the originals which had a more serious yet still child friendly tone in the villains, strong level design, and good to absolute amazing soundtracks. Whats worse is Nintendo is trying to pretend the originals never happened. (I read that while researching why the F%$^ Nintendo took the Donkey Kong games off the Wii store although not in those exact words). Anyways.

Off the top of my head, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime series, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 7 were all either mediocre at best or absolute shite, yet they all received raving reviews.

Idk what reviewers where saying but I actually had a lot of fun playing metroid prime 1, 2, and Super Mario Sunshine. (Although my favorite Mario games are still the RPG ones) And Double Dash is still my current favorite Mario Kart. (The others just never jived with me as much as Double Dash). Although I've played most of them recently and I do see how they aren't that great anymore by today's standards. Not saying it's bad you didn't like them though. That's just how I felt about them.

I agree fully with Mario 3Dland and Donkey Kong Country Returns. No idea what the appeal was with these. And I'd rate Mario Kart 7 as average.

@ DKCR I'm pleasantly surprised you also thought the game was crap. I really thought I'd be in the minority there but you absolutely nailed it with what you say about it.

But to me, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were the mediocre ones to me. So basically somewhere just above or below a 5/10 score for them. But Mario 3D Land was so shallow and could have been so much more, especially since they can fit Mario 64 on a regular DS cart with added features to boot. DK Country Returns I'd honestly give about a 1 or 2 out of 10 and that's being generous. But I was very disappointed by Mario Kart 7. It offered nothing new or unique and even some of the old tracks from previous entries had shortcuts removed and had uninspired updates.

I still have Pokemon! Which is why I might actually end up buying the Nintendo NX next year, they're supposedly making it a hybrid handheld/console type of system and I've read they will finally make a Pokemon game proper for it so I'll wait to see how it reviews and how that unfolds.

--------------------
Post #211342
Posted: 12th September 2016 02:52

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
You know, I thought I'd give FFV a spin. And I learned from Jackanapes to always check the CoN guide beforehand!

--------------------
Post #211423
Posted: 12th September 2016 10:09

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
dragon view.

I just started playing and wandering around keep dying in this new area.Ran into some slime monsters who jump around and are driving me crazy, because they are so hard to hit.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211428
Posted: 12th September 2016 15:23

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
There's a new Ace Attorney game out, so I'm playing that! Otherwise, I am replaying the campaigns from the original Starcraft, which has been fun...and a lot easier than I remember.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #211441
Posted: 12th September 2016 16:58

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
As inspired by laszlow, I've made a shortlist of games I'd like to complete:

Lufia II
Metroid Prime
Nostalgia
Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition
Pokémon TCG1
Recettear
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Tales of Symphonia
Ys II
La-Mulana

I should probably try to avoid playing other things until I finish some of these.

Lufia II is probably the closest to finishing. Then Nostalgia and Ys II. The others are all very long games though.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211446
Posted: 12th September 2016 19:44

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 12th September 2016 10:58)
As inspired by laszlow, I've made a shortlist of games I'd like to complete:

Lufia II
Metroid Prime
Nostalgia
Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition
Pokémon TCG1
Recettear
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Tales of Symphonia
Ys II
La-Mulana

I should probably try to avoid playing other things until I finish some of these.

Lufia II is probably the closest to finishing.  Then Nostalgia and Ys II.  The others are all very long games though.

Go for Trails, because once you finish it, you have Trails 2 just waiting right there for you (and also because it's exceptional)! I feel like it is right up your alley.

Edited to add: Ys II has one of my favorite final dungeon themes ever, assuming you're playing the Collection release on Steam. So good.

This post has been edited by Neal on 12th September 2016 19:46

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #211453
Posted: 14th September 2016 03:42

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Currently sitting at the end of Tales of Symphonia. This one was my Kratos run and I learned a lot about Kratos.... like how he BREAKS all the sidequests. I didn't expect this and had to regress back to a previous save twice in order to accomplish everything i needed to this run. But it's done. Next will be my Zelos run (whenever i feel like playing it again that is) My brother keeps pushing me to start working on platting FF XIII-2 so I'll probably do that next but only until XCOM 2 comes to consoles. Then it's waiting til I'm done with XCOM. I've gotten back into playing Dragonball Xenoverse on the side and I still play a little Uncharted on the side as well. I got back into Terraria as my game on the go (I play this on my Vita) it appears 505 finally fixed that BS save bug the vita version had so I'm slowly trying to get back to where I was before my game got corrupted.

What are Lufia 1 and 2 about? I've seen Lufia 2 pop up a few times randomly on the internet but have never heard anyone talk about either of them.

--------------------
Post #211466
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: