CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Class

Posted: 7th March 2003 06:17

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ok everyone what is your favorite class in FFV? Mine is Samurai because of the $Stoss. I wish I could have listed all of them but there is not enough room.

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #9350
Posted: 7th March 2003 10:24

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
You know I'm voting Dragoon.
Post #9353
Posted: 7th March 2003 17:16

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
The Ninja always did the most damage for me. I had to have Bartz already have Eqarmor though, so he didn't get his butt kicked in the front row.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #9356
Posted: 7th March 2003 18:18

Crusader

Awards:
Hey, I'm voting Mystic Knight - they own!
Their outfits are great, their magic is awesome and if ya give them the 'Equip Sword' ability you can give them the most destructive weapons in existence (Excalibur, anyone?)
I like mastering both him, Archer/Hunter and the Knight (On Galuf/Krile) and making A Mimic with MgcSword/Use sword/X-Fight. The ultimate fighter.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #9358
Posted: 7th March 2003 19:48

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
hehe  Thief! Almost totaly useless but funny anyway!
Post #9367
Posted: 7th March 2003 19:48

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Ninja! We own the night! (obscure Tom Clancy refrence)

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #9368
Posted: 7th March 2003 22:12

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I voted for Monk because it teaches one of the three skills I always have equipped when I go in to fight the final boss - HP + 30%.  I generally have everyone with HP+30%, !$Toss, and either !White, !Summon, or !Time (I usually give two people !White).  So I weighed the five jobs against each other - Monk, Samurai, WhiteMage, Summoner, and Time Mage and immediately disregarded the three mages due to low attack power and straight magic skills.  I looked at Monk higher than Samurai because they don't need weapons and they have a really high critical hit rate.  !Buildup is nothing to laugh at, either.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #9373
Posted: 8th March 2003 05:24
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I voted Ninja, but... ... ... that was really only because I just saw that and my newest sprite is a ninja...

Not changing my post or anything, but I would go with Dragoon normally, even though I tried to get both.  Never played too long, but Ninja seemed to do a lot of damage.
Post #9392
Posted: 10th March 2003 03:33

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Ninja, of course!  Typically my favorite warrior Job class in any Final Fantasy.

In FFV they're especially useful, just for the crazy damage they can do (especially at higher levels).  Sure, they lack a little in defense, but the right combination of equipment gives them an edge that few others possess.

Second place goes to the Lancer/Dragoon.  Speaking of which, having a Ninja that can Jump (or a Dragoon with a weapon in each hand) is a fun way to pass the time, and to date the only realistic way to beat Shouryu, at least for me.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #9430
Posted: 11th March 2003 02:45
Returner

Awards:
I voted for white mage.I always have at least 2 of them or failing that 2 people whith the command white. Afterall how can you win a battle if you're covered in status conditions or wounded?!?
Post #9490
Posted: 23rd March 2003 04:32

Engineer

Awards:
I think I voted for Beserker...don't ask.

I like the big guy, give him bothhand and a good axe and say sayonara to those baddies.  I'm the kinda guy that fight fight fights.  So I don't really need magic.  Besides, you get a lot of Hp, stanima and stregthn from him when you master.  (at a measly 600 might I add!)

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #9903
Posted: 23rd March 2003 17:45

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
What I do is max out all ablilties for all classes for everybody! It takes a LONG time, but is worth it, because your Traveller/Voyager/Classless Class gets those mastrered stars over his head and every inane ability!

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #9967
Posted: 24th March 2003 18:48
Returner

other!

Trainer, because is a fun ability.. and !Control is just too good, plus is (Almost) impossible to get the two best Blue mage magics, White Wind and Guardian/Big Guard, without it. And it helps a lot every now and then. Also, it makes for easy levelup at Kujar castle (ShieldDragon, here...)

Altough, !Tame just plain sucks  x_x
Post #10058
Posted: 24th March 2003 21:49

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
I like the Monk ability. I built Galuf up with that.
<3

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #10065
Posted: 25th March 2003 18:01
Onion Knight

Awards:
I chose Knight, the job for a true Warrior.

(P.s can some 1 give me some idea's about what pic i can have, where it goes under your name)

--------------------
Any and all who opose the Excalibur will be smited
Post #10138
Posted: 27th March 2003 18:00

Awards:
Well I voted for other as well because of the Bare job class. After mastering all the jobs the Bare class was INSANELY powerful, as mentioned earlier. I literally took down the final batter with taking very minimal damage, it was PATHETIC! :p Heehee!

Tho if I had to pic a class then it would be the Ninja, two weapons just plain out rocks. :)
Post #10264
Posted: 29th March 2003 08:56

Crusader

Awards:
Other, Mystic Knight. Charging up with Bolt 3 = 9999 on enemies weak against it. Pretty useful.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #10329
Posted: 3rd April 2003 15:39
Returner

Awards:
Monk!

They work best on Minitaurus.

--------------------
GESTAHL: Fuwa, ha, ha!
Now THIS is power!
This, and my Magicite...
now nothing can stop me!
Post #10503
Posted: 19th April 2003 16:20

Awards:
knight. dishing out physical beating tops magic any day.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #11268
Posted: 19th April 2003 21:01

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Ninja. Ever since I got the class until very very late in the game I had Faris as a ninja, since it took forever to master. The feeling I got when Faris mastered ninja... beautiful.
Post #11271
Posted: 27th April 2003 22:00
Onion Knight

Awards:
I have to go with the Ninja on this one.  Ninjas always kick arse in any game (cept Edge in FF4, he sucked).  You can't go wrong with a Ninja.

Next would be a Lancer, dig the outfit.
Post #11604
Posted: 1st May 2003 03:32

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I got to vote monk on this, monk skills seems extremly useful to me, and HP+30% rocks :D

other than that I like summoners and ninjas.

Post #11765
Posted: 23rd May 2003 21:09

Group Icon
NOT A GOOD POSTER ;_;

My Choice would be dragoon/lancer. You need to be it inorder to beat shiruye anyways. and for some reason doesn't Butz as a dragoon/lancer look like kain from FF4.
Post #12679
Posted: 1st June 2003 04:07
Returner

Awards:
I voted knight. Everything about them is just cool.

--------------------
Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate, leads to suffering.
                                 -Jedi master Yoda
Post #12812
Posted: 4th June 2003 15:44

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I loved the lancer, I love spears, and i think i remember hearing somehwere that you could be a DragoonKnight?something like that. good class especially with all the jump skills!

--------------------
"If Satan is the prince of darkness, then that would make me the KING!"
Post #12924
Posted: 5th June 2003 16:38
Returner

Awards:
Dancer because Dance of swords it very good (the best dance and attack)  :lol:

--------------------
Maybe one day I'll be an honest man
Up till now I'm doing the best I can
Long roads, Long days, of sunrise, to sunset
Sunrise to sunset
Post #12971
Posted: 8th June 2003 00:23
Returner

I've always been a fan of Dragoons...always.  To me they sympolize strength, power, courage, while at the same time anger, pain, and angst.  They're kinda cool. :D
Post #13023
Posted: 10th June 2003 09:49

Black Mage

Awards:
My favortie is white mages because their healing powers have saved me (escpecially my money) from dieing.

--------------------
aint superstitious Black cat crossed my trail
I aint superstitious But a Black cat crossed my trail
But Lord has got me so far and I wont let her stop me now
The dogs begin to bark all over my neighborhood
And that aint all
The dogs begin to bark all over my neighborhood
UMmHMm
This is a mean old world to live in and I cant face it by myself
Post #13090
Posted: 15th June 2003 21:57

Black Waltz

Awards:
well dancer was all good except when you are against undead...you'll have to think again ;)

I like bard as melee-fighting character. I give him two weapon ability or Sword enchant.
Although most people think them as defensive character, i don't. After I use all the support songs, i go close combat, melee (unless they're undeads).

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #13248
Posted: 19th June 2003 17:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
I chose Monk.

You gotta love kickin' butt with your bare hands.  Plus, you get to attack twice each turn.  Their strength is off the charts!

I just love the idea of a unarmed monk whoopin' some serious monster hide.

Eddy 8)

--------------------
"How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being. What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion." -- Sephiroth
Post #13399
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: