CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Who did you end the game with?

Posted: 27th April 2008 15:10
Returner

Who did you bring along for the very end of the game?
I dont know who I want to bring along. I liked using everyone tongue.gif

I just dont like the fact that you cant
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
use the old Dark Knight Cecil form.

Post #166106
Posted: 27th April 2008 18:57

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Cecil, Cid, Edward, Rosa, Rydia.

--------------------
Post #166121
Posted: 27th April 2008 19:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I used the classic party first: Cecil, Edge, Rydia, Kain, and Rosa. But the best party to use is Palom, Porom, Edward (if u have apollos harp and you know the beserk "glitch"), Cecil, and Kain.
Post #166123
Posted: 27th April 2008 19:18

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I still think that the best party is the original five, but in the first time I played the Advance version I used Yang instead of Edge.

--------------------
Post #166124
Posted: 27th April 2008 22:55

Cactuar

Awards:
I used Rydia, Rosa, Cecil, Edge, and Kain.

--------------------
We, who cannot see into tomorrow, have no way of knowing... But... But... If you don't find dreams yourself... if you don't capture your ambitions... happiness won't just come to you.
Post #166129
Posted: 28th April 2008 03:07

Engineer

Awards:
I usually use Rydia and Rosa, but switch out Kain and Edge for Cid and Yang.

Yang can use the charm claw without penalty and wipe out those Red Giants mech things, and his Power 'ownz' Behemoths (who are annoying).

Cid's Thor's hammer takes out Red Giants, but far more importantly he usually does 9999 against Evil Masks, who are the bane of my existence.

Then again, they ARE my favorite characters and I don't care much for Edge's offense and defense or Kain's offense...

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #166136
Posted: 28th April 2008 06:20

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
i gotta go with the classics man, Rydia, Kain, Cecil, Rosa and Edge, it doesn't feel right otherwise, plus using twin against zeromous isn't too fun when a barrage of Meteo (yes i use old school terms) and Holy along with Cecil attacking and Kain jumping while edge...just..kinda...sits there..useless.....yea.........ok so edge just sucks.

--------------------
"Do you know what happens to a giant when it's blasted by a fireball?.....Same Thing as everything else!"

- Black Mage from 8 bit theater.

Currently Playing: FFVI GBA
Just Beat: FFV
Favorite Game: FFIV
Favorite Char: Locke
Best Weapon: Atma Weapon
Post #166145
Posted: 3rd May 2008 21:40

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I'm a magic spammer. I used, in order from top to bottom: White Magic Twin Porum, White Mage Rosa, Paladin Cecil, Summoner Rydia, Black Magic Twin Palom. I may have gotton the Twin's names mixed up, though, but the white magic one is on the top.

Occasionally, I replace the twins with Kain and Yang. But I just love magic too much...
Post #166455
Posted: 29th July 2008 04:05

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Since I didn't had enought money to buy several shurikens I changed Edge to Yang in the Advance version since he gets a better claw.
Post #170876
Posted: 19th August 2008 22:49

Returner

I used Cecil, Cid, Kain, Rydia, and Rosa. Not much of a change, just swapped Edge for Cid. I've never liked Edge (though to be fair I never bothered to learn how to use him well)

--------------------
Post #171678
Posted: 7th September 2008 21:47

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Member of more than five years. 
Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Edge...

I actually like edward in the DS version so i might finish with him this time round (Life's anthem is OP, I love it!)

--------------------
Post #172053
Posted: 8th September 2008 18:38

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
The original and still the best party:

Kain, Rydia, Cecil, Rosa, & Edge
Post #172070
Posted: 8th September 2008 19:21

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I am yet to play FFIVDS sadly, but when I beat the game in FFIVA, I substituted Kain for Cid, and Rydia for Yang. I always loved pure physical teams, so I gave it a shot. They did surprisingly well.

I wish that heal-all items existed, so that I could have saved Rydia and subbed out Rosa instead. I always liked the option to not have a healer on the team, like in SMRPG and Chrono Trigger (KeroKeroColas and Megalixers allowed that).

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #172071
Posted: 8th September 2008 19:23

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I swapped Kain for Yang, and Rydia/Rosa for Palom/Porom. It gave me a party similar to that of the invasion of Baron, save for Edge for Tellah. I found Edge to be quite useful in FF4A - particularly when you get some of his upper-level swords. I'm not sure what it was, he just seemed like he finally became a useful party member.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #172072
Posted: 11th September 2008 17:46

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2008 Fanfiction contest. 
I swapped out Kain for Palom.

I always thought it best to have at least two healers to keep me steadily going. Otherwise, rydia, Edge, Rosa, and Cecil stayed

--------------------
Kefka's Message of the week: Get off your couch noobs and get my new game Dissidia 012
Post #172134
Posted: 19th September 2008 17:18

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Personally, my best party is Kain, Rosa, Cecil, Rydia, and Edge. I could do it in just about any combination, but this particular one worked best for me.

--------------------
A creature born from eternal darkness and heavenly light. One single entity, birthed of two opposites. They somehow coexist, to create I, the Lunarian Prince...
Post #172271
Posted: 8th October 2008 01:17

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
My party was Cecil, Yang, Rydia, Rosa, and Kain
I didn't want to use Edge all that much...I didn't think he was all that useful

--------------------
Music. defines. society.
Post #172554
Posted: 26th September 2009 16:49

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I didn't think you could have any party but Kain, Rosa, Cecil, Rydia, and Edge. Did I miss that the two times I've played it and the countless times I've watched others play it or did they change it when it went from the SNES to later systems? I've only ever played it on the SNES.

--------------------
"If you believe you can tell me what to think, I believe I can tell you where to go." -unknown
Long live the crazy old man!
Sorry, I can't spell, so don't bother me about it, kay?
The world would be a better place without homophobics...
Post #181613
Posted: 26th September 2009 17:18

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (JuneLovesLOTR @ 26th September 2009 11:49)
I didn't think you could have any party but Kain, Rosa, Cecil, Rydia, and Edge. Did I miss that the two times I've played it and the countless times I've watched others play it or did they change it when it went from the SNES to later systems? I've only ever played it on the SNES.

The new GBA version allows you to switch out any character other than Cecil for Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid, and Yang. They also added two new dungeons, one of which has new equipment for those five characters.

--------------------
Post #181614
Posted: 26th September 2009 18:14

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
OK, so I didn't miss anything big, I just have the old version.

--------------------
"If you believe you can tell me what to think, I believe I can tell you where to go." -unknown
Long live the crazy old man!
Sorry, I can't spell, so don't bother me about it, kay?
The world would be a better place without homophobics...
Post #181615
Posted: 26th September 2009 19:07

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. 
Cecil,Kain,Yang,Cid, Edge...
Post #181616
Posted: 25th November 2009 04:16

Returner

i ended the game with the original 5...then i beated him again with cecil, edge, edward, rydia and rosa... biggrin.gif
Post #182499
Posted: 5th December 2009 21:40
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I ended the game with the original final team: Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia, and Edge.

I've discovered that FFIV is EVEN easier with just Cecil left alive. I guess it's because the other four are just deadweight then. wink.gif
Post #182679
Posted: 19th December 2009 23:10

Returner

Quote (Allen Hunter @ 5th December 2009 21:40)
I've discovered that FFIV is EVEN easier with just Cecil left alive. I guess it's because the other four are just deadweight then. wink.gif

woah... ohmy.gif what? i thought it would be harder? which version (gba, ds, etc...)
did you play?
Post #182890
Posted: 20th December 2009 23:05

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Cecil, Kain, Cid, Porom, Rydia.

Porom had a much better heal than Rosa, and Cid was double the tank Edge was.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #182907
Posted: 9th March 2010 21:03

Returner

Awards:
I honestly didn't know you could switch the party around. ><

So I used the original arrangement. Not to get off-topic or anything, but I found the last boss WAY too simple. It was really disappointing.
Post #184212
Posted: 11th November 2010 00:38

Onion Knight

Awards:
cecil edge rydia rose kain

--------------------
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]BLAMO

you have been ninjad
Post #189287
Posted: 11th November 2010 01:35

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I never played the Advance version, so I can't say I ever used any party other than the classic party.

I have played FFIV's sequel, where you can choose your final party. On that one, I went with Kain, Cecil, Ceodore, Rydia and Porom. I preferred to use Porom over Rosa, because she can use Dualcast, and she has hot-pink hair! =D Rosa just has boring blonde hair. Booooooo!

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #189290
Posted: 13th November 2010 07:50

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I haven't played a newer version of the game, so I had to use Cecil, Rydia, Rosa, Kain, and Edge.

However, if I could, I'd probably like to switch out Kain for FuSoYa. Possibly Yang or Cid if they actually prove to be useful. And maybe switching out Edge for one of the twins.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #189382
Posted: 13th November 2010 09:11

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I always wanted to use Palom and Porom at the end of the game, in place of Rosa and Kain! I've never played FF4 other than FF2 SNES US though, so I was always stuck using Cecil, Kain, Edge, Rosa, and Rydia.
Post #189393
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: