CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Your favorite playable CT character

Who is your favorite playable Crono Trigger character?
Crono [ 14 ]  [13.33%]
Lucca [ 7 ]  [6.67%]
Marle [ 7 ]  [6.67%]
Frog [ 24 ]  [22.86%]
Robo [ 5 ]  [4.76%]
Ayla [ 11 ]  [10.48%]
Magus [ 25 ]  [23.81%]
They all rocked! [ 8 ]  [7.62%]
They all sucked. [ 3 ]  [2.86%]
My favorite was a NPC... [ 1 ]  [0.95%]
Total Votes: 105
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 3rd November 2011 01:02

Onion Knight

Awards:
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Favourite character to play power-wise; Crono, he kicks ass, gets great magic and pairs up well with anyone else in the game.

Favourite character story-wise; Frog. Cool story for him, I love his character progression through the game and his music is great (so is Lucca's).
Post #198017
Posted: 18th January 2012 05:59
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Frog, because his theme song rules and I love hearing his sound effect every time he talks. Also, he makes an excellent healer + fighter combo for my team. "Frog Squash" is a killer once his HP is below 100.

Also, BlitzSage is one of those guys who voted "They all sucked."

This post has been edited by Allen Hunter on 18th January 2012 06:00
Post #199050
Posted: 18th January 2012 06:16

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Surprised the thread is this old and I never commented. Ayla is totally the best character.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #199052
Posted: 18th January 2012 06:22
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Zero_Hawk @ 18th January 2012 06:16)
Surprised the thread is this old and I never commented. Ayla is totally the best character.

Crono, Ayla, and Frog is my team 99.9% of the time. She is damn strong too. "Falcon Attack" (Dual Tech between Crono and Ayla) was quite useful when training for extra AP at the Ocean Palace (right before meeting up with Queen Zeal).
Post #199054
Posted: 18th January 2012 11:58

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Zero_Hawk @ 18th January 2012 01:16)

Ditto. And ditto. Favorite team is Crono, Ayla, and Robo. Marle is too weak, Lucca is too slow, Frog is too average, and Magus doesn't play well with others.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 18th January 2012 11:59

--------------------
Post #199059
Posted: 18th January 2012 21:25

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
I used to love running with Magus, because it looked like he was flying. But I actually didn't like his attack/magics a lot.

I used to like Ayla the most, probably because I kept her with me up until the part with Dalton and the Epoch, for obvious reasons, so she was of course stronger. Robo now is preferable because of his awesome attacks. Plus, he makes a cool noise when he has dialogue.

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #199060
Posted: 19th January 2012 00:57

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I'm stuck between Frog and Magus. (Oh, the irony.) Both of them are great from a story standpoint, and both are good party members. Frog has excellent physical prowess and healing abilities while Magus eradicates enemies with his powerful magics..

--------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you.
Post #199064
Posted: 19th April 2012 17:13

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Frog is my favourite, I love his role in the story and his theme song.
There are more powerful party members but he's strong enough to get the job done.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #200092
Posted: 19th April 2012 19:42

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I voted Magus, he was outstanding during the mission to recover Crono. Also in almost all the final fantasy's, my favorite characters have been the secret ones, even though Magus isn't too much of a secret. I thought him, Crono, and Frog should have had a triple tech though. Something combining Dark Matter and Luminara, maybe with Frog's leap slash thrown in.

--------------------
That was my sin. And this... this... is my punishment.
Post #200095
Posted: 22nd April 2012 19:07

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (fignuts @ 17th March 2004 14:31)
I voted Crono. He always kicked serious ass from the beginning, and he got some of the best weapons ever. Couple the Rainbow with the accessory that counter attacks (I forget the name), and you have a bonafied killing machine. Plus, until he gets killed, he's always in the party, so he's one of the highest leveled characters.

Close second is Frog... love the fighters.

Rainbow+Prism Specs.

Win. At level 70-ish, Crono can be doing about 2000-2500 damage.
Post #200119
Posted: 29th May 2013 21:07

Returner

I enjoyed Chrono Trigger so much I love them all.
But Robo wins with me.
He's powerful has great single and duo techs and can heal the team.
Story wise Frog is tops.
Magically Magus pwns.
And Ayla is fine!
Post #203471
Posted: 29th September 2013 16:39

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Magus and Lucca that is all

--------------------
PSN : everum89
Before your mother, before your god, you will call for me, for I am your medic, and I will always come for you!
Post #204672
Posted: 29th September 2013 23:19

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Crono, duh

What planet are you guys from

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #204688
Posted: 30th September 2013 21:32

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Crono is pretty cool. He has strong attack power and good speed and decent magic. As far as gameplay is concerned, though, I liked Magus best. He was the only proper Shadow-elemental, he had the best magic power, and he was the only one who could cast multiple elements. But in storyline, I liked Lucca. She was a genius and she knew it, and I kind of like her mischievous "Nya ha ha!" laugh. She is also slightly feministic, which is a cool characteristic if done right. And she wears glasses, which adds 13+ points as far as I am concerned.
Post #204720
Posted: 30th June 2014 14:53
Returner

Storywise, my favorite is Frog, hands down.

Overall, though, I have to go with Marle. She's my third-favorite in story/characterization (behind Frog and Lucca), I love her scenes with Crono, and most importantly, she is the BEST PARTY MEMBER EVER.

1. HASTE
Best spell in the game, hands down. Nothing adds to your team's power quite like being able to take twice as many turns.

2. HEALING
No other healer can match her in power. She doesn't even need Curaga; for most of the game I found Cure to be a full heal by itself. In addition, her Arise is the only way to revive AND heal a character in the same action. Her only flaw is lack of a party-wide heal, but there are plenty of party heals in her dual techs, and when Hasted healing one at a time isn't a significant burden anyways.

3. MAGIC
Most of my favorite magic dual- and triple-techs involve Marle. Her Ice Water combo with Frog is great early aoe, her Reaction Bomb series with Lucca are devastating, and she has strong hybrid techs with each of the fighters. And there's no cooler Triple Tech than that triple elemental spell, Mix Delta.

The downside to Marle is that she's relatively useless in terms of physical attacks/techs, but really, she doesn't need it. AFAIR, there aren't any bosses that resist magic but are weak to physical; and even if there was, Haste on two fighters will do a decent job even without a triple tech.
Post #207169
Posted: 7th September 2014 16:55

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Finished replaying this game yesterday, and Magus is definetly my faveourite playable character. Fave NPC is Schala.

Frog came in close second though, and there's one thing that confuses me about his whole deal....The Masamune is a normal sword. Not a Katana. In every other Squenix game, it's been a Ninja blade/Katana. I think it should have been Crono's best weapon, and that Frog should have got the Excalibur.

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #207429
Posted: 10th September 2014 10:34

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (HolyCeles @ 7th September 2014 12:55)
Finished replaying this game yesterday, and Magus is definetly my faveourite playable character. Fave NPC is Schala.

Frog came in close second though, and there's one thing that confuses me about his whole deal....The Masamune is a normal sword. Not a Katana. In every other Squenix game, it's been a Ninja blade/Katana. I think it should have been Crono's best weapon, and that Frog should have got the Excalibur.

Cue guy who points out that the Masamune was originally the Granleon (Grand Lion). Oh wait, that's me today! biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #207439
Posted: 10th September 2014 17:46

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (MogMaster @ 10th September 2014 10:34)

Frog came in close second though, and there's one thing that confuses me about his whole deal....The Masamune is a  normal sword. Not a Katana. In every other Squenix game, it's been a Ninja blade/Katana. I think it should have been Crono's best weapon, and that Frog should have got the Excalibur.

Cue guy who points out that the Masamune was originally the Granleon (Grand Lion). Oh wait, that's me today! biggrin.gif

Imma dont understand xD

--------------------
Post #207442
Posted: 13th October 2014 08:58

Cactuar

Awards:
It would have been Marle but they all rocked.

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #207551
Posted: 15th October 2014 20:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (HolyCeles @ 10th September 2014 13:46)
there's one thing that confuses me about his whole deal....The Masamune is a  normal sword. Not a Katana. In every other Squenix game, it's been a Ninja blade/Katana.

Imma dont understand xD

He's saying that you were confused because what is called the Masamune in the English CT was never meant to be called that. It was supposed to be called the Granleon or whatnot, which would have made it so that you wouldn't have been confused.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #207560
Posted: 16th October 2014 17:53

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 15th October 2014 20:39)
Quote (HolyCeles @ 10th September 2014 13:46)
there's one thing that confuses me about his whole deal....The Masamune is a  normal sword. Not a Katana. In every other Squenix game, it's been a Ninja blade/Katana.

Imma dont understand xD

He's saying that you were confused because what is called the Masamune in the English CT was never meant to be called that. It was supposed to be called the Granleon or whatnot, which would have made it so that you wouldn't have been confused.

Oh. LOL thanks

--------------------
Post #207568
Posted: 1st March 2015 22:54
Returner

My favorite is definitely magus, but it would be frog if he didn't spend half the game crying and hiding from the fight.
Every time I play through this game I'm like "yay Frog is here, oh wait there he goes... Can I play him now? Nope need the hero's badge. Oh great I got the badge, how about now... I mean we are going to retrieve his sword, it would make sense that he comes along. No? Alright, I come back with his sword and he's still crying about cyrus. Oh look he was blocking the sword hilt, how nice. Well, I'm gonna go repair YOUR sword for you. Oh look, yet more quests to fix it. Great. By the time I get him his sword I don't even want to look at him. But then you HAVE to take him, so whatever I guess.
Give Chrono the masamune, or better yet, don't bother getting it at all. I hardly ever use frog for anything other than healing and water magic.

edit: I made an account mainly so I could whine about frog via this post. Now that my frustrations are vented I shall rest easy.
Post #208238
Posted: 4th August 2015 07:12

Returner

If we start with the assumption that Crono is a blank slate onto which the player is supposed to project themselves...

Some part of me will always feel like Marle was my first girlfriend.

Some part of me will always feel like she saved my life.

This post has been edited by Asuka on 4th August 2015 07:25
Post #209468
Posted: 19th August 2015 04:03

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Some part of me will always feel like Marle was my first girlfriend.

I would have dated Lucca instead TBH lol

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #209496
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: