CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Unpopular gaming opinions that you have

Posted: 2nd October 2012 08:42
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 2nd October 2012 01:34)
Hilarious, you totally tore my point apart there, so witty.  dry.gif
Do you actually like any games that aren't Half Life or FF6?

Wouldn't make that argument any less silly either way.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 2nd October 2012 08:44

--------------------
Post #201190
Posted: 2nd October 2012 09:21

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 1st October 2012 22:51)
You think a company like Capcom would allow a game to be released with such controls if it was trying to be a 3rd person shooter? I highly doubt it.

Doesn't seem silly to me.
I'm not gonna lock horns with you on this, as your engagement so far can hardly be considered 'discussion'.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #201191
Posted: 2nd October 2012 09:33

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Narratorway @ 2nd October 2012 08:42)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 2nd October 2012 01:34)
Hilarious, you totally tore my point apart there, so witty.  dry.gif
Do you actually like any games that aren't Half Life or FF6?

Wouldn't make that argument any less silly either way.

Do you really like half life narratorway?

I only played orange box demo, and i didn't like it.
I hear bad things about the main protagonist having no personality, and the ones who defend it, say he is an avatar, and that you experience everything through him.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201192
Posted: 2nd October 2012 16:06

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
You know, I think I've got one that's going to be unpopular. I think I know why the modern FF games feel worse overall.

FF games post-nine largely fall a little flat compared to previous efforts, because there's not much of a feeling of direction despite being more rail-roaded overall. One of the key areas in that respect is the main villain, the opposition.

FF10? Well, it's either Sin or Seymour. And Sin barely appears. Seymour's goals are... vague. There's not really much of a sense that the opposition are that much of a threat because they lack a presence. You lack much of a reason to be chasing or fearing these forces because, really, you've no idea what they're doing and they just pop up every now and then.

FF7, in contrast, feels a lot faster to give you that reason for chasing. It's a very clear reason, whilst Seymour's plan was "do the exact same thing Sin has already been doing for a thousand years". Nasty, but in comparison not really a huge change is it?

FF11 and by extension 14 are MMOs, which never have a direction. Just a vague story and then a million quests to fetch a hundred rat's noses.

X-2, maybe a bit faster off the mark for direction but again, slow and vague to present a threat.

12? Maybe an odd one out, but the villain seems to be more "the evil empire in general" for ages, and how long does it take until he reveals his scheme to... Do whatever it was he was going to do. Defy fate, free humanity from the chains of not that nice gods? One could argue this is probably one of the morally ambiguous entries and as a result it's not as consistent or clean cut as the rest of the series.

13? Bit of a vague mess in terms of direction and main threat from what I've heard really, probably not helped by all the flashbacks they use because someone discovered in media res is a thing and SE love their latin more than their first-born sons.. As a subseries the 13 banner itself seems lacking in direction in a meta sense.

FF7's spin-offs, pretty much the same. The only goals they've got are: bring back sephiroth and have these flashy visuals, lead into FF7 with a happy dose of retcon and exploiting the vague holes in the background (despite opening up more plotholes on the way) or "oh hey, devil may cry was fun, let's have vincent be dante!"

So, there it is. I think one of the main reasons modern FF's seem to have blander stories is they've lost direction and lack a focus, too busy either railroading you to look at spectacular things (10, 13), getting caught up in internal politics and restarts to development (12, 13, versus), or simply being out of place amongst the main series in an attempt to snare lapsed WoW players (11, 14)

This post has been edited by Del S on 2nd October 2012 16:08

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #201193
Posted: 2nd October 2012 16:29

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I always found it frustrating that people seem to bash 13 into pieces for railroading you, and yet 10 gets a free pass. if anything i thought 10 was worse wit the railroading than 13, and yes i have played both, and personally i think every character in 10 is pretty much a clone of 9. anyone else see that link?

Oh and when you look at it really hard, 12 is Star Wars, i kid you not.

--------------------
The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my Wings to keep me tame...
Post #201194
Posted: 2nd October 2012 17:08

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Now that i think of it, del s may be on to something.X and XIII had very slow moments.XIII nothing much happens while being chased by the law.You have a few moments, but it is mostly idle moments, and they add very little.Old games seemed more bearable with less flashy cutscenes, and more story through exploitation and through dialogue.Most modern jrpgs get their story all through cutscenes, and nothing is brought out from dialogue, especially final fantasy.The guys from SE love cutscenes too much.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201195
Posted: 2nd October 2012 17:27

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 1st October 2012 17:51)
ps. Yeah.. whoever made this thread wanted us all at each others throats I'll bet happy.gif

I highly doubt that, but it sure seems to be the way it's going, isn't it? I wonder why that could be after eight pages that suddenly these opinions require angry debate and snark.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #201196
Posted: 2nd October 2012 20:26

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (omnislash5209 @ 2nd October 2012 12:29)
and personally i think every character in 10 is pretty much a clone of 9. anyone else see that link?

I don't see that connection. I don't think that Zidane and Tidus are very similar, despite being blonde. As for the railroading. Well, perhaps you're right, but all of these things depend on execution. People accepted X's flaws because the positive things it had made up for the flaws. It's story worked better, and XIII's characters weren't as strong.

--------------------
Post #201200
Posted: 3rd October 2012 14:57

Crusader

Awards:
Blitz did you like ff9?

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201202
Posted: 3rd October 2012 21:07

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 3rd October 2012 10:57)
Blitz did you like ff9?

I love FFIX. FFIX is my second favorite Final Fantasy, and it was the one I played that challenged my deep love for FFVI. The one thing I didn't put in my post was that I thought the characters in FFIX were much more lovable than FFX's were. The banter between them was some of the funniest stuff that the series ever came up with. And it's also one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. I love how rich the designs are, especially Burmecia. And plus, Vivi may be my favorite character, not just in the series, but in all games period. And almost all of that is attributable to his animation. I can't think of any character that is more likable than him.

Ultimately, I think people look over that game too much. When I think of what makes FF great, FFVI and FFIX do it better than any other two in the series. They're grandiose and theatrical, while being at the same time quirky. And both are the pinnacle of their era's production quality (VI for SNES, IX for PSX).

So, long story short, yes, I love FFIX and I think it's underrated (I guess, I don't know what the popular opinion about it is anymore). For me, I rank the FF series like this: 1) VI 2) IX 3) VII 4) X and 5) VIII.

--------------------
Post #201203
Posted: 4th October 2012 08:18

Crusader

Awards:
I'm wondering:Anybody here even like FFXII? just curious.Worse comment i heard, is about lifeless characters, and a not so good story, but i heard good stuff about the gameplay.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201207
Posted: 4th October 2012 12:35

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 4th October 2012 04:18)
I'm wondering:Anybody here even like FFXII? just curious.Worse comment i heard, is about lifeless characters, and a not so good story, but i heard good stuff about the gameplay.

I liked Balthier. I thought he was a good character. I actually enjoyed XII quite a bit. I think people are too hasty when they said that Square has fallen off. I really think it's just been one game (XIII) that's been really bad. XII is not on the level of 4-9, but it's a good game.

--------------------
Post #201210
Posted: 5th October 2012 02:35

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I was quite pleased with XII, myself. In fact, it pleased me more than VII, VIII, and anything before VI. Never played X or XIII, but, based on what I know of them, I'll bet XII's better than those two, as well.

--------------------
Post #201217
Posted: 5th October 2012 07:14

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Here's a markedly unpopular opinion, particularly on this board. I like Final Fantasy Xiii. It was definitely hard to get used to the first time I played it, but when I gave it a second chance, I found the combat to be very addicting and several characters even like-able. I don't really feel like Square has fallen off the off the wagon or disappointed me by any means. I'm still enjoying Final Fantasy. I'm far from a fanboy (fangirl?) as I recognize strengths in many other series, and I haven't played all of the Final Fantasies or even Square games, but again, I haven't been disappointed. But perhaps it's because I don't nitpick about every game I play. I like many RPGs from many series. Some are stronger than others, some have aspects better than others, but I don't let some nitpicky little aspect that happened to be in FF6 but isn't in this FF game or whatever other game series, ruin the whole experience for me. I think the story to FFXIII is interesting, a little hard to follow and remember, but that's what the re-caps are for. Would I have liked a little less linearity? Sure. But it's still an enjoyable game.

Here's an example: I loved FFIX, but the big reveal of the secret of the universe was a bit of a let down. I thought that part of the story was weak and convoluted. But the rest of the game was great and I loved the ending. So to me, I still like the game. It's not ruined.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #201220
Posted: 5th October 2012 08:38

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Well Chewbekah, you sum up my thoughts on XIII very well.
One thing I cannnot stand is the eternal raging poop-slinging contest that is Square fanboys clutching their preferred FF title and screaming "EVERYTHING AFTER THIS WAS AWFUL, SQUARE ENIX SHOULD BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED I'LL GIVE THE ORDERS FROM MY BASEMENT!! "

..Hyperbole perhaps? But it does seem that way sometimes.. I'm thinking more youtube territory here, this forum isn't quite so bad for that.

This post has been edited by Blinge Odonata on 5th October 2012 08:38

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #201221
Posted: 5th October 2012 15:21

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 5th October 2012 08:38)
Well Chewbekah, you sum up my thoughts on XIII very well.
One thing I cannnot stand is the eternal raging poop-slinging contest that is Square fanboys clutching their preferred FF title and screaming "EVERYTHING AFTER THIS WAS AWFUL, SQUARE ENIX SHOULD BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED I'LL GIVE THE ORDERS FROM MY BASEMENT!! "

..Hyperbole perhaps? But it does seem that way sometimes.. I'm thinking more youtube territory here, this forum isn't quite so bad for that.

My opinion, is that as long as it is polite conversation, and trying to point out the good with the bad, then there is nothing to complain about.Lets not anger the mods, and the topic stays open.

I thought FFXIII-2 improved on things FFXIII got wrong, like more customization, and towns with people to talk to, and shops.

I don't plan on buying FFXIII-2, because i don't trust it.Instead i am looking towards other series i never reached out to in the past.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201222
Posted: 8th October 2012 06:10

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Narratorway @ 2nd October 2012 03:32)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 1st October 2012 15:51)
No, it didn't 'fail' to be a shooter. The genre is survival horror, The clunky controls are designed to make the player feel vulnerable, and it works. You think a company like Capcom would allow a game to be released with such controls if it was trying to be a 3rd person shooter? I highly doubt it.

Really? People are still making the 'no, no see, it's bad...on purpose' argument?

I always hated Resident Evil as a series, mostly because I don't care for horror all that much, I suppose, and I never really have.

I did, however, play the first RE for the ol PS. I was pretty young, it was like 2 in the morning, and of course the whole thing scared the crap out of me, right down to how long it took me to switch a weapon while some awful zombie hoard stalked at me. It was in fact, clunky, awkward, and frustrating, but even if the controls weren't originally supposed to be as garbage as they were, it does seem to me that they were at least partially inconvenient on purpose. It adds a level of realism to the game, where you become a human struggling to survive in a world filled with awful undead things, which would really be quite unnerving. I imagine when you're surrounded by things that want to eat your brain, no action you can take to save yourself would seem to come off fast enough.

The clunkiness, in a way, reminds me of Dark Souls, actually. Certainly, the latter is much more polished up, but the relation is there.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #201233
Posted: 8th October 2012 10:45

Crusader

Awards:
I consider FF7 and FFX the most overrated rpg in ff series.

FF7:seemed to be very confusing in times, and the bad dialogue due to the translation was very bad.I also don't like the ending at all.To me, its story seemed scattered, but it has a good story/plot.

FFX:It was worse than FF7.It has such slow pacing, that nothing happens for a long time, and the gameplay while good, was a monotonous grindfest.It was more focused than FF7, but ff7 had better pacing.

FF6 is good, but it can't compare to dao in char development.I would say its unfair to judge old games with new american rpgs.Story? yes.Story hasn't really gotten that much better in rpgs.In fact: its gotten worse.

I would say also:I liked fable2, and i like oblivion a little.

People make annoying criticisms, like:its story.Its about gameplay, but it was fun.I liked fallout 3 a little, but i prefer fantasy world settings.Fable reminded me of zelda with guns, and pg 13.You can marry, and then murder her.It is also the only game i know where i can get arrested for extortion.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #201234
Posted: 8th October 2012 11:13

Awards:
Quote (MogMaster @ 8th October 2012 06:10)
The clunkiness, in a way, reminds me of Dark Souls, actually. Certainly, the latter is much more polished up, but the relation is there.

Ah man... seriously.. the Demon/Darksouls games combat is heavy. Gamefeel is an understated concept I think: if it was possible to zoom around the world in swinging weapons and cleaving through hordes of enemies you'd be playing God of War or something, not Dark Souls.

Besides, have you tried using a character equipped with light armor and weapons? The range in agility is huge.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #201236
Posted: 8th October 2012 19:03

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I love FFXII, in fact it's in my top 5. Criticisms are valid enough, but people tend to ignore all the great things about because it isn't "Final Fantasy enough".
On the flip side, I played XIII not too long ago and was extremely underwhelmed. There's enough interesting story/character bits to keep me playing through until Grand Pulse, where the Paradigm design concept just makes playing through the plot an enormous headache, and the attempts at a tacked-on "open world" do very little to help (I did love the aesthetic of it though, but I really would rather not have to find a way to tiptoe around behemoths whenever I want to climb a hill).

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #201238
Posted: 1st November 2012 00:28

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I think that Team Fortress 2 is not that great.

The only thing it really has going for it is the mere existence of stuff to do. Items to acquire, achievements to get, bosses to beat.

Otherwise, the core gameplay is reasonably fun, but not overwhelmingly so. It gets old quickly.

I've been playing for about 150 hours or so by now (my playtime is inflated by idling for items), and I can say I'm getting bored with it. The only reason to keep playing is to accumulate items and try to get cool stuff out of it, via crafting. And that cool stuff actually doesn't really do anything, unless you continue playing the game. (Well I guess if you have something super-valuable like the Earbuds you might be able to trade them for a Steam game or something. I don't know.)

Still, it's decent as far as a time-waster goes. Thanks to being multiplayer, it's more fun than some single-player games. But it's also more time-sucky--especially that Mann Versus Machine mode which encourages you to keep trying and trying and trying, especially when you've still got friends who are trying too.

TL;DR: TF2 is addictive but otherwise not too impressive.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 1st November 2012 00:29

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #201403
Posted: 28th December 2012 05:35

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I still love FFXII to pieces, for what it's worth. One of my top 3 FF games, though probably not top 5 games. Loving the fact that saying FFXII is amazing is not an unpopular opinion anymore. smile.gif

Here's my unpopular gaming opinion for this year (by a nose!). We've had a few years of amazing gaming, I feel like we're due a year or two of gaming turmoil. Maybe it's just me being too cautious but I feel like games have only been getting better and better so we're due some kind of dark period. Maybe a big space between PS3 and 4 (as a benchmark). We'll see, that's just my opinion.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #201926
Posted: 28th December 2012 22:39

Awards:
First off.. I didn't know TF2 has bosses.. and I play it sometimes pinch.gif

and as for my opinion: I prefer L4D2 to 1

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #201935
Posted: 28th December 2012 23:25

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
There are a few. There's the Halloween bosses, which include the Horseless Headless Horsemann, MONOCULUS!, and Merasmus, which appear on modified versions of certain maps. They were created for Halloween events, and are associated with some achievements (and some items, if you're playing during Halloween event times), and some servers may offer them even outside of Halloween event times (but you don't get items).

Also, good luck getting people to cooperate on those bosses. Generally, the first few days of the Halloween event, players are very likely to cooperate, as everyone wants the achievements and associated items. Then after that, people start going for easy kills by killing those people who are focusing on the bosses.

Then there are the Mann Versus Machine missions, which are PvE game modes; the harder ones could be called bosses, and have boss-like enemies.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201937
Posted: 29th December 2012 12:43

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
unpopular opinions:

1) Assassin's Creed lost it, became just fan service (Brotherhood being the beginning of the end), so it's no longer a must play/release date buy.

2) I think that Squall is much more balanced as a character than Cloud or Tidus, and for most of the game, is just a normal quiet guy, nothing too emo or teenage about his behavior, at least until his feelings towards Rinoa start to grow.

3) Multiplayer turns the game into a shallow experience. i cant imagine myself reading a book with someone else, why would I play vidoegames with people? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Kirchewasser on 29th December 2012 12:44

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper!
Post #201939
Posted: 30th December 2012 23:58

Awards:
Quote (Kirchewasser @ 29th December 2012 12:43)
i cant imagine myself reading a book with someone else, why would I play vidoegames with people? tongue.gif

Because videogames aren't books.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #201949
Posted: 31st December 2012 23:19

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
Because videogames aren't books.

rolleyes-straight.gif

Well, thanks for the enlightenment. 2013 already began with mind-blowing discoveries.

It seems I was not clear enough, so let me correct that:

An unpopular opinion that I have comes from the idea that, for me, playing videogames is an essentially individual activity, with the best parallell being reading a book. So, my unpopular opinion is that a multiplayer based game is usually a shallow experience, in the sense that the focus is in the interaction (be it cooperative or competitive) between players, which is not what I look for in games, considering what I said above.

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper!
Post #201962
Posted: 9th February 2013 08:17

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 

Cloud Strife and Lightning are not all that great and they're highly overrated. They seem to be rather dickish towards their friends and team-mates but seem to get away with it because they are either found attractive by their fans or "cool " by their fans.

Somebody like Zack Fair or Cecil Harvey or Laguna Loire deserve the attention that they receive.

--------------------
Top Three fave Final Fantasies Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V [ GBA ]
Post #202309
Posted: 9th February 2013 20:24

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
And on that note I still don't get why some people like jerk protagonists so much.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #202319
Posted: 10th February 2013 10:15

Awards:
I thought the pacing in FFIV was really off, it felt like a huge grind for most of the game.. I'd even go as far to say I didn't really see what the the fuss was about tongue.gif

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #202327
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: