CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Good gaming deals

Posted: 4th December 2014 21:04

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
GOG.com winter sale!

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is 50% off (for the first time!) right now, for the next two hours! (It will probably happen again later if you miss it this time)

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207819
Posted: 4th December 2014 22:38

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I just saw the email from GOG myself, and I noticed that the new Dreamfall game is 40% off. I might have to bite.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #207822
Posted: 23rd December 2014 16:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
DEFCON is a dollar on the Holiday Steamsale right now. That seems like a good buy for a game where you get to nuke your friends and that's the only point.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #207972
Posted: 23rd December 2014 21:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
And in case you missed Trails in the Sky on GOG, here it is on Steam, for the next eight and a half hours or so, for just $9.99.

That said I already have it on Steam, and I'm trying to figure out what to get for the winter sale. There's a chance I'll actually pick up nothing, lol.

FWIW, I already have DEFCON too. I remember nuking Santa in the event with all the coal. BTW that's how I discovered I could change my computer's clock while a game was running to change the Steam-recorded play time figure.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 23rd December 2014 21:28

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #207974
Posted: 13th January 2015 19:27

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Tons of Playstation games - 3, 4, Vita - are on sale, including most of the PS1 FFs.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/13/...nted/#sf6900879

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #208071
Posted: 6th February 2015 18:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Cefca mentioned this in another thread yesterday ( http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...ndpost&p=208168 ) but a TON of Squenix stuff is on sale on Steam right now. I might pick up Quantum Conundrum today, since I have most of the other things on the list that I might want.

--------------------

Post #208176
Posted: 6th February 2015 21:53

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Yeh, I was meant to post that here. I don't know how I managed to post it there. :/

This post has been edited by Cefca on 6th February 2015 21:53
Post #208177
Posted: 27th November 2015 16:04

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Here are a bunch of PC versions of Final Fantasy games, downloadable super-cheap from Amazon today for Black Friday:

Final Fantasy VII: http://amzn.to/1YxYnaa
Final Fantasy XIII: http://amzn.to/1llnL4k
Final Fantasy III: http://amzn.to/1YxYi6a
Final Fantasy IV: http://amzn.to/1llnSg9
IV - The After Years: http://amzn.to/1llnUVo

--------------------

Post #209912
Posted: 27th November 2015 16:18

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
So that Final Fantasy VII Amazon offers has that same pesky DRM: Steam.

What a waste of a good deal, putting it on a super cheap price, and then asking Steam for it... that's not a deal at all.

--------------------
I am Exdeath. Step aside pesky clowns, or your warranty is Void!
Post #209913
Posted: 27th November 2015 16:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Pooka @ 27th November 2015 12:18)

What a waste of a good deal, putting it on a super cheap price, and then asking Steam for it... that's not a deal at all.

Meh, I've got a great deal invested in Steam over the last decade and they've never stolen anything from me, so I have no issue with that. Different strokes, I suppose!

--------------------

Post #209914
Posted: 27th November 2015 16:33

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 27th November 2015 18:21)
Quote (Pooka @ 27th November 2015 12:18)

Meh, I've got a great deal invested in Steam over the last decade and they've never stolen anything from me, so I have no issue with that. Different strokes, I suppose!

Exactly. I've had tons invested, but the more I stayed on their terrible service, the more I saw the cracks. The whole stability of the service reminds me of Final Fantasy VI - looks okay from the outside, but looks like a potential-to-be-collapsed building from the inside. Unstable, the servers going down frequently like if that's what they were actually designed for, the login system failing half of the time... and then when the updates roll out, oh look, we have added Big Picture because, we don't know why. Oh look, we've got trading cards, because we can't be bothered to make the service actually better not lamer we guess?

And then finally, oh darn. The DRM. The DRM handed my butt over to me for a solid 5 months without internet (in which I couldn't get the internet back, mind you).

Compare with Humble Bundle's and GOG's DRM-free downloads. Once-downloaded, its yours to do whatever you wish both offline and online and without having to rely on a broken client gone gold. Its to the point I'd prefer the Android versions of games over their PCs... And these same games on consoles probably don't have DRM when boxed. In the end, I realized that all these games I bought treated you like a potential-to-be-pirate instead of an actual customer that can be trusted.

I became GOG-centered from after I got back my internet onwards. Sorry for the rant.

--------------------
Post #209915
Posted: 28th November 2015 07:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Sorry to interrupt your criticism of Steam's DRM, and I actually do prefer DRM-free over Steam DRM if I can, though for me personally, I can make do with Steam, in many cases.

Still, I will prefer to buy things from DRM-free, if all else is equal, and I'm sometimes even willing to pay a little extra for DRM-free.

I was considering picking up the Ys series bundle on GOG a little while ago during their autumn sale. Sorry I missed posting here for that. I picked up Kisima Inŋitchuŋa (a.k.a. Never Alone) on GOG during that sale, and I had a great time with it. Also got System Shock 2 along with it because it was a freebie for spending $5 (and Kisima Inŋitchuŋa was $5.89 I think). Other examples of games that are on Steam but I got on GOG because the price was right are Rogue Legacy (which I've been playing recently), FTL, Giana Sisters, and Retro City Rampage.

Overall, GOG has slightly less of a variety, though it's growing quickly. I know Freedom Planet got on it recently. Also GOG has a ton of older games, which is why I bought Secret Agent and Crystal Caves and Cosmo on it. And I didn't even know that Gex had a PC version until I found it on GOG! I think I spent more on GOG than on Steam during the summer sale, lol.

That said, the Steam Autumn Sale is going on right now and the following games are of interest to me and may be to y'all:

All the Ys games, -70%. That includes:
* Ys: the Oath in Felghana
* Ys Origin
* Ys I&II Chronicles
* Ys VI: the Ark of Napishtim
The Legend of Heroes series:
* Trails in the Sky (Trails FC) -50% off, $9.99
* Trails in the Sky SC -10% off for the first time, $26.99
Carpe Fulgur games:
* Recettear -75% off, $4.99
* Chantelise -75% off, $2.49
* Fortune Summoners -75% off, $4.99
* This Starry Midnight We Make -66% off, $3.39

And just because I really like this game, let's have a plug for it:
* Mutant Mudds Deluxe -75% off, $2.49

A variety of Japanese indie games are discounted; check out a list that I help to maintain, here: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6858135/

Also, Momodora III is in the current Indie Gala Monday Bundle, and that's a nice little platformer that's quite well-polished. Unfortunately the rest of the bundle is kinda various VNs, at least one of which looks a bit smutty...

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 28th November 2015 07:20

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #209924
Posted: 3rd December 2015 15:00

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
This is in no way an effort to spawn more conversation about DRM in this thread, but I just got an email that the Star Wars space combat sim series from the 90s just went on markdown at GOG. This is the first time I've seen them go on sale at all on GOG or Steam since they were re-released, and they're 40% off for one or all - not bad! I'd mainly been waiting for TIE Fighter, as I think it's the best of the lot, so I just got it for $6.

http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_tie_figh...special_edition

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 3rd December 2015 15:01

--------------------

Post #209963
Posted: 3rd December 2015 16:31

Black Mage

Awards:
Rangers, may I expand your deal reminder to say that the entirety of GOG is on sale mode? And so soon as well!

http://www.gog.com/

Notable deals include the Witcher 3 at half price, along with the rest of the Witcher series, and a whole Star Wars bundle on sale. I'm sure there's others too. Plus there are free games for those who spent $5 (Divine Divinity) and $50 (Blackguards), and a mystery game for $3 each.

--------------------
Post #209964
Posted: 4th December 2015 08:19

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
More GOG deals right now:

Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale -75% $4.99

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -50% $9.99
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC -10% $26.99

Grandia II Anniversary Edition -50% $9.99

I think this first day of deals goes for two days (today's the second day) and then there's another set of deals every day.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 4th December 2015 08:21

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #209969
Posted: 4th December 2015 13:14

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Shadow Complex, the critically-acclaimed Metrovania game for 360, is getting a Remastered version for PC, PS4, and XBox One. You can download the PC version for free (!?) until the end of the month: boom. You have to sign up for EpicGames's online community and run it through their launcher, though.

--------------------
Post #209970
Posted: 9th December 2015 01:05

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The current https://www.humblebundle.com/ deal is very, VERY appealing to the arcade fighter fan in me. For the $10 tier you get 19 classic NEO-GEO games, including Garou: Mark of the Wolves (my favorite SNK game ever), 4 Metal Slug games, 3 King of Fighters games, and 3 Samurai Shodown games. TWINKLE STAR SPRITES! More are being added later. Only current major absences are Windjammers and The Last Blade 2.

--------------------
Post #210018
Posted: 9th December 2015 05:19

Black Mage

Awards:
And only a few games in that bundle are Steam keys, a majority of them are DRM-free, seconded by Steam and DRM-free and only two are Steam exclusive. That' curbing the terribleness out of the games' life. Trust me, its the best bundle one can buy. I bought the low tier myself since I like KoF.

This post has been edited by Pooka on 9th December 2015 05:23

--------------------
Post #210019
Posted: 9th December 2015 20:40

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Recettear is $4.99 (-75%) on GOG today.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #210022
Posted: 11th December 2015 14:49

Black Mage

Awards:
http://www.gog.com/
Scroll down...
GIANTS: CITIZEN KABUTO IS FREE FOR YOU TO CLAIM FOREVER IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS. Only on GOG.

As for how you claim it though, I heard you'll need to wait for an email from GOG with the code in it which you'll redeem to get the game.

--------------------
Post #210048
Posted: 12th December 2015 16:06

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'd recommend paying the $10 for the Neo Geo bundle at this point because Twinkle Star Sprites is a "beat the average game" and the average is less than a quarter away from $10. It plays kinda like a puzzle game's versus mode in that you set up chained reactions to destroy the opponent. However, instead of trying to clear the field of blocks, you're playing a shoot 'em up. The chain reaction is formed with the explosions of enemies on your side of the field. Now the game isn't without its flaws but that's understandable since it is renowned as the archetype for this sort of game and inspired at least several more like it, such as the Phantasmagoria entries in the Touhou series. Being able to easily play this at an affordable price is a great opportunity since it's otherwise a low supply and relatively high demand title, especially outside of the quarter sucking arcade.

Edit
I'm striking out that portion since I may have judged the game too harshly, as my initial impression may have been tainted by a somewhat bad implementation. Most of the games in this bundle have their playing speed tied to refresh rate, which should be 60 hertz for 60 F.P.S. My monitor was set to 85 hertz, which made it run considerably faster than it would have in the arcade. I'll have to judge it again later.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 19th December 2015 15:06

--------------------
Post #210060
Posted: 14th December 2015 17:46

Black Mage

Awards:
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_pick...ary_sale_141215

What's so special abut this link? Its a GOG sale on Team17's games, and included is.....

A FREE WORMS FORTS UNDER SIEGE

Its one of the games that I enjoyed in the depths of my childhood. Now I own it again legally, with extras, and optimized for the newest Windows revisions. And DRM-free. What are you waiting for?

This post has been edited by Pooka on 14th December 2015 17:47

--------------------
Post #210068
Posted: 20th December 2015 19:18

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Ys Oath $4.49 on Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ys_the...hana_storefront

Ys VI $5.99 on Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ysvi_a...htim_storefront

Both are DRM-free + Steam key. Support Falcom's DRM-free releases!

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #210134
Posted: 22nd December 2015 19:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I just picked up Final Fantasy Type-0 HD on Steam for 50% off, $15. It looks like many other Squenix games are on sale as well, but the winter sale has just kicked off so the servers are, as typical, thrashed at the moment. Looks like at the very least, the numbered games other than XIV are on sale, as is Life is Strange.

--------------------

Post #210147
Posted: 22nd December 2015 20:12

Black Mage

Awards:
I also noticed that the Final Fantasy titles on the Amazon Appstore got a 50% off, bumping their prices down to $8. Possible to be different on the Google Play Store, mind you.

On the Google Play Store, it seems that Minecraft: Story Mode is also available for a whopping 10 cents, but that's assuming you don't want episodes 2 and whatever is next. Among other deals too.

--------------------
Post #210148
Posted: 28th December 2015 14:05

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Oniken Longplay

I just found this game on steam...not sure where I heard about it but right now it's marked down from $5 to 50 cents.

Your comp ought to run it ok. Check 'er out! You got 50 cents right?

The deal goes till Jan 4th.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210169
Posted: 28th December 2015 17:21

Black Mage

Awards:
Forget about the above deal anyways. You should save up your money to get Duke Nukem's titles on GOG before the 31st, because after that they'll be no longer available for sale there, at least until the game is brought back...

Also, its your last chance to get Dragonsphere for free. This game stayed a freebie for a long time, but it'll turn to $6 that day. Will you catch up?

--------------------
Post #210170
Posted: 11th February 2016 15:13

Black Mage

Awards:
GOG is offering CONSORTIUM: The Master Edition for the price of $0.00. The deal is offer by the 13th.
https://www.gog.com/game/consortium_the_master_edition

This post has been edited by Pooka on 11th February 2016 15:13

--------------------
Post #210489
Posted: 16th February 2016 23:12

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Sega's giving away some free games on Steam, including Golden Axe and Jet Set Radio:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/94153/

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #210525
Posted: 7th March 2016 15:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
This weekend was the Square Enix publisher's sale on Steam. Looks like there are 85 titles on sale through today: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/squaree...er-weekend-2016

--------------------

Post #210589
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: