CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Best aspects FFT

Posted: 19th April 2012 20:34

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I find that FFT is a symphony of badassery, where every note contributes beautifully to the other.

With that said, what's your favorite aspect of this amazing game?

I myself love the story. It's the right mixture of dark, humorous and the character handling is fantastic. I especially love how Ramza is the unsung hero of the war.

Also the moments where the Zodiac stones morph individuals into horrifying monsters left a long-standing impression. Even though they are these tiny ass graphics, I find that they were still creeping me the hell out.
Post #200097
Posted: 19th April 2012 23:01

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
FFT is a great game, it's hard for me to pick out one aspect as the best.
I'm going to say that the soundtrack is one of the best aspects about it though, it has great themes for setting the mood of a battle or scene.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #200099
Posted: 22nd April 2012 05:14

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
The flexibility of the class system shines for me. I absolutely love not only the ability to create awesome characters as you progress through the game, but to create unique personal archetypes (Paladin: Knight with White Magic; must equip a Robe for armor and ride a Chocobo in battle) and to tackle special challenges, like Straight Character Class runs. And when you've done all you can in the standard game, you're not quite done yet - with an emulator, you can break out FFT 1.3 or a character editor and try something new.
Post #200112
Posted: 22nd April 2012 06:13

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I loved it. Only 2 things bugged me. (I have the original PSONE version btw)
1) There wasn't much besides the story to do. (I hear they fix this in later version that i oh so wish i could play)
2) It was too easy to get Ramza to level beyond the rest of your characters so I'd be facing random encounters where all the monsters where so strong that only Ramza could dream of killing any without getting owned. This forced me to have to handy cap Ramza every match. Did they fix this in later version as well? if they did then i really REALLY need to play them!

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #200114
Posted: 23rd April 2012 21:55

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 22nd April 2012 01:13)
I loved it. Only 2 things bugged me. (I have the original PSONE version btw)
1) There wasn't much besides the story to do. (I hear they fix this in later version that i oh so wish i could play)
2) It was too easy to get Ramza to level beyond the rest of your characters so I'd be facing random encounters where all the monsters where so strong that only Ramza could dream of killing any without getting owned. This forced me to have to handy cap Ramza every match. Did they fix this in later version as well? if they did then i really REALLY need to play them!

1) There were a few great sidequests, but was there more to be desired?

2)Never had that problem to be honest. I think it might have somthing to do with random encounter monsters being the same level as Ramza, but I'm not sure.

For me the best thing about the game is the main character. His character is very likable and intriguing. and getting to play as him as he grows into greatness is freaking awesome.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #200139
Posted: 23rd April 2012 23:40

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
The issue with overpowered enemies isn't tied directly to Ramza; the level of random encounters is related to the highest level in the party. It's actually one of the few reasons I advocate the use of a Gameshark for certain challenges, such as the Invite Only Challenge or SCCs involving some of the more leveling-intensive classes.
Post #200143
Posted: 24th April 2012 01:14

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I have three rules that make quality RPGs. Rule #1 is a no-brainer for any game, but #s 2 and 3 are what make it genre specific.

1. The game must NOT be unfinished, unpolished, or broken in gameplay, visuals, and audio.

2. The game's combat and customization systems must give the player feelings of power and control.

3. The game's playable cast of characters must be appealing enough to keep the player invested.

Final Fantasy Tactics nails all three, especially #2. It's fun as hell building up a team of your own design, and there are so many ways to be effective in battle that you can play the game a dozen times with a dozen different strategies. And that's my answer to this thread's prompt: the best part of FF Tactics is the feeling of power you get when you know can manipulate a battle's outcome in so many different ways. It's awesome.

--------------------
Post #200144
Posted: 26th April 2012 08:26
Returner

Quote (laszlow @ 24th April 2012 01:14)
I have three rules that make quality RPGs.

2. The game's combat and customization systems must give the player feelings of power and control.

That's why Fire Emblem IV-VII and Vagrant Story are bad RPGs.

Oh wait, no, they're among the best ever made, precisely because they offer a challenge.
Post #200174
Posted: 5th May 2012 00:09

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
I also think the story is pretty incredible and one of the biggest sells of this game. It is well told, especially in the updated version with the new, classical-style dialogue.

The character growth is well laid out and you find yourself actually giving a damn about them. I just adore Delita's personal tale, as well as Ramza's.

The soundtrack is also pretty great.

And lastly, I've always been a huge fan of the class system. Pretty much my fave aspect.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #200230
Posted: 17th May 2012 06:52
Returner

What I like most is the characters in this story. They seem to be real persons, with good and bad features.

--------------------
Post #200291
Posted: 18th May 2012 09:24

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I love the story, the gameplay, a lot of the characters... I get the feeling to replay it again now tongue.gif
Post #200303
Posted: 20th May 2012 22:01

Returner

What's not to like?

Personally, I believe that adding the job system (one of the most delightful inventions in RPGs all around) with such a dense, delicious, complex stories
I have ever found in a game.

Only bummer are the translating errors (result of a rush to launch it) that I often find around.

--------------------
"Each hopes to learn who may be counted as friend, and who as foe. But such things are not so easily read. Easier rid yourself of those whose loyalty is uncertain, and install others to rule in their stead." - Wiegraf Folles
Post #200318
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: