CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
List your computer drives and contents

Posted: 13th June 2004 07:34

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Let's take a peak into each other's computers. What'challs got? tongue.gif This is pretty simple but may require looking up some information from windows explorer (or whatever). Some ideas of things to post: hard drives, their labels, their contents, their size and size used. The more detailed, the better! Right?

A: 3.5 Floppy (empty)
-None

C: Local Disk 3.99GB (2.77GB used)
-Windows XP
-Basic Windows programs (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, X-Chat, Imagoweb, WS_FTP, etc)

D: AUDIO_VIDEO 15.7GB (13.4GB used)
-Digital camera pics (vacations, bicycle rides, ebay pictures, my car)
-700 music mp3s (Dance/Techno, FFVI, Hiphop & Rap, Rock & Alternative, Smooth Jazz)
-400 spoken word mp3s (Christian sermons/lectures)
-75 Christian texts
-10 avi/mpegs (Teen Titans episodes)

E: GAMES 7.85GB (4.78GB used)
-FF6 Expert Version 2 work
-Need For Speed: Underground
-Nintendo NES/SNES & Sega Genesis emulators & roms (around 20 games total)
-Railroad Tycoon 3
-Warcraft 3
-Worms World Party

F: MISC 7.85GB (1.91GB used)
-Junk directory with all kinds of stuff from the past
-Fan project work (the project died)
-Funny pictures from around the net
-All my website stuff
-Everything that's on my zip disks since I'm getting rid of my zip drive... really really old stuff from back in the day... which is interesting to look at now
-100 music mp3s (Smooth Jazz album filler)
-9 spoken word mp3s (me and my bro talking about random stuff, each mp3 at least 30 minutes long, dating back to 3/5/03)

G: NFSUDISK2 (CD burner)
-Need For Speed: Underground disk

H: DVD Drive (empty)
-None

--------------------
FFXI (Siren server)
Tauu the Windurstian Tarutaru!
White Mage & Paladin
Post #47157
Posted: 13th June 2004 17:20

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
You aren't gonna do anything... mischievous with this info. are ya? shifty.gif

A: Floppy drive. e_e

C(Os_Me): indows Me

D(Os_2000): Windows 20$0 Pro

E(Os_XP): indows XP

F(XP_System): Support programs for XP (Firefox, PSP7..) and a Random directory with ev!rything, well, random that I don't wanna get rid of, like 8BT flash movies, CoN Survivor archives, FF4 Survivor (NEAAALLL! ><), order forms, and some just plain random stuff, like text files with quotes and saved pages of funny things. :-P I also have a Webcomics irector( where I save all the s rips of all the comics I read t. the computer, so should I ever feel like reading 'em throu&h, I can just go to the computer instead waiting on load times. ^_- I have 344 MB in saved files across 4,115 files and thirty folders so far.

G(Games): Black & White, Deus Ex, Diablo II, Risk, NES & SNES emdlators, Soldat, Starcraft, Elit! Force, PW.

H(Music): MP3s and W P burned music. 2.14 GB used.

I(Half-Life): Half Life. tongue.gif And supporting developer's tools.

J(Games2): epsxe, EWR, Simcity 3000, The Sims, Pharaoh, UT.

K(Qua*e): Tak a wild guess. happy.gif Quak$ 2 and 3, and supporting developer'" tools.

L(Download): Mis"ellaneous downloads. Mostly program installers and ass+rted music files that don't belong -n Music, like winzip fi(es of songs and sound bites of &uitar techniques.

M: CD-ROM.

- All hard drives ar partitions of a single 40 GB volume, and all of them have an e0ual siz! except for L: 3.9 GB for C through K, and 2.11 GB for L.

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #47193
Posted: 13th June 2004 19:42

Cactuar

Awards:
A: nothing

C: used space 3.96 GB Windows XP, basic stuff try not to use this driver because i reinstall when i upgrade my comp and keep the same driver...

D: 22.7 GB used, damn i didnt realize i had that much stufff on this driver... crap, mostly music, like about 700 or 500 mp3s, art that i have saved to my folders, word documents, pictures, and all of my video games pretty much (Counter STrike, Day OF Defeat, Medievel, FFXI, Call Of Duty, Aim, Medievel, Kazza, Temple of Elemental Evil, Age Of Mythology, winamp, Baldurs Gate II {not sure if this is installed though})

E: 16.9 GB used nothing much just some files and actually FFXI is on this driver my bad...

F: Cd-ROM and cd burner except the problem is that the burner scratches the cds so i cant burn but it reads fine...

hope this helps....

--------------------
"Isn't ramza a girls name?" -me

i havent changed my avatar or anything in a long time! time for a change yall!
Post #47209
Posted: 13th June 2004 20:50

Black Mage

Awards:
a: nothing
c: (40 gigs) Windows xp/gunbound/anime/tons of ff music/ragnarok online/dreamweaver mx/my web page/pictures and yada
g: (40 gigs) anime/music/games/programs.

d: empty CD burner
e: Empty DVD drive
f: ff9disk4.iso Vurtiral CD drive (fake cd drive)

what's crazy the two 40 gig drives are completely the same lol same numbers on the even the same company..

--------------------
Post #47216
Posted: 13th June 2004 21:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I don't label my drives. I don't see a need, really. Maybe I will when I put the new PC together, whenever that might be.

Here's what I've got in my current box; don't ask why C: is not my boot drive, XP hosed it up when I put my new box in and no jumper settings work around it:

A: 3.5" Floppy
C: 80 GB Unpartitioned Drive, containing my music (I'll describe it as being far more than anyone else has mentioned so far), some anime, some TV shows, all of my design files for CoN and alvies.org, all of my design files for my clients, and all of my PC and Emu games.
D: 12x DVD-ROM that sounds like a buzzsaw. It's not going into the new box.
E: 52x CD-R/32x CD-RW drive. I don't even own media fast enough to match its potential. It's going in the new box with a new paint job.
F: 12GB partition of Soup's old 40GB drive. This is my boot partition, and it has XP as well as any windows units, like fonts and programs that need to be on the boot drive.
G: 28GB partiton of the same drive. This has all of my other program files on it.

Disconnected: a 100MB Zip drive. I ran out of IDE slots. I might put it in the new PC, but why? It's useless these days.

I'll post about the new PC when I can actually afford all the parts. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #47220
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: